Originally posted by: HeavenlyBliss.

I gotta watch that one too

You havent seen it??
Posted: 9 years ago
Nope I havent seen any of the awesome ones
Prinzessin1 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
So I finally finished Dure Shehwar. Good acting done by everyone, great cast, Sanam Baloch what a brilliaaant actress. Best acting of Mikaals career. Story was well presented. All technical aspects etc everything was great.
BUT... the message is OUTDATED. Many people said this drama should be watched by every girl is who is soon getting married 😲. I personally think no way, this drama can scare off anyone from marriage altogether. Of course sacrifice,compromise and patience is required to make a marriage work, but not to the extend shown in drama. Unfortunatly I wasnt all that thrilled by the letters of Durre shehwars father. There were letters which I didnt agree with at all.
We get it that if not everything is rosy in your marriage (in your generation), than other people have/are going through same/similar too. I absolutely didnt think the final scenes between Mansoor and Durre Shehwar were cute and that everything Durre Shehwar went through can be fixed like this. One can be lucky that Durre Shehwar didnt need a Psychologist to repair those years. And the sentence that if a man is a good father ultimately it makes up for his major flaws as a husband (complete nonesense). This drama should be ideally watched by women who already are in bad marriages, through this drama they can may b hope one day to be out of misery. But not for unmarried girls. This is not how they should be thought to make the marriage work.
And yes totally disagree that Mansoor was only a common man etc hence couldnt balance etc.

I dont feel that I wasted my time watching this drama, but it really got my blood boiling. I dont think marriage is awful or that a woman shouldnt sacrifice,compromise or not have patience. But Durre Shehwar drama was a no go in this aspect.
ABBY_JERAN thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 9

Originally posted by: Prinzessin1

So I finally finished Dure Shehwar. Good acting done by everyone, great cast, Sanam Baloch what a brilliaaant actress. Best acting of Mikaals career. Story was well presented. All technical aspects etc everything was great.

BUT... the message is OUTDATED. Many people said this drama should be watched by every girl is who is soon getting married😲. I personally think no way, this drama can scare off anyone from marriage altogether. Of course sacrifice,compromise and patience is required to make a marriage work, but not to the extend shown in drama. Unfortunatly I wasnt all that thrilled by the letters of Durre shehwars father. There were letters which I didnt agree with at all.
We get it that if not everything is rosy in your marriage (in your generation), than other people have/are going through same/similar too. I absolutely didnt think the final scenes between Mansoor and Durre Shehwar were cute and that everything Durre Shehwar went through can be fixed like this. One can be lucky that Durre Shehwar didnt need a Psychologist to repair those years. And the sentence that if a man is a good father ultimately it makes up for his major flaws as a husband (complete nonesense). This drama should be ideally watched by women who already are in bad marriages, through this drama they can may b hope one day to be out of misery. But not for unmarried girls. This is not how they should be thought to make the marriage work.
And yes totally disagree that Mansoor was only a common man etc hence couldnt balance etc.

I dont feel that I wasted my time watching this drama, but it really got my blood boiling. I dont think marriage is awful or that a woman shouldnt sacrifice,compromise or not have patience. But Durre Shehwar drama was a no go in this aspect.

What makes durre shehwaar a legend that its NOT BASED ON TODAYS TIME...u said its OUT DATED and THATS EXACTLY WHAT THEY SHOWED ...the life of an educated girl IN THE PAST...that time gals needed to sacrifice more compromise more

And its not as if durre shehwar was shown tolerating domestic violence or extra marital affairs by mansoor...the hardships were shown but not at an over the top way...saba faisal was evil saas but not to extreme level...mansoor cared more about his family but that doesnt mean he treated her like a dog the way other jerk hubbies do in other serials...

Shehwaars fathers letters made sense as he didnt know the full scenario how his daughter is living but he knew she isnt well n hence he used to send help in the form of letters and sometime some goods and money whenver possible as the tranport communication system was sooo poor that time...

Shehwar wud hv been happier if they at least had a phone and cud talk to mansoor and her dad but that also she cudnt and hence she used to b more frustrated

Jus to show the contrast that how its indeed is in the present age they showed nauman nadia jamils life where there is no in law problem...both are working man and woman and there is independence for the gal in every way possible but still how marital problems are still arising. And how the same patience and compromise is required

That was the message of the drama

Its not showing an ugly picture of marriage neither scaring the gal away

Coz none of the scenarios are shown in extreme level but exactly what used to happen 40 yrs bk to gals after marriage and at present also inspite of so much women empowerment marriage is still not a bee of roses and but still there is a cure

And even in durre shehwaars case they didnt show she is living a terrible life forever

Its just the first few years she lived terribly and then she was shown moving away to govt quarters with mansoor ...that also gives a message that if u r patient there ll indeed be light at the end of the tunnel

Just because u r leading a miserable life after marriage not necessarily the misery will continue forever

And that also we see so much around us when the hubby isn't financially sound but after 5 to 6 yrs when things get better he provides a better life style to family

Ur review wud hv made sense if durre shehwaar was shown as todays gal but the director showed the scenario 40 yrs bk and at present he showed the present life style couples problems

So from where does the question of being OUTDATED coming in the first place

I m sad that u didnt get the essence of the show neither u got the message it offered
starstruckk thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Prinzessin1

BUT... the message is OUTDATED. Many people said this drama should be watched by every girl is who is soon getting married 😲. I personally think no way, this drama can scare off anyone from marriage altogether. Of course sacrifice,compromise and patience is required to make a marriage work, but not to the extend shown in drama. Unfortunatly I wasnt all that thrilled by the letters of Durre shehwars father. There were letters which I didnt agree with at all.

If you look at it in context, then you can draw a lot more from the show.

Shandana (a working woman) and her husband were struggling to deal with their marital issues - this was the modern era being shown. This couple lived by themselves without any interference of in laws, by themselves in their own home with freedom yet they were facing petty issues. Their issues weren't anything major ..but they were running away from them ..failing to confront each other about them the way they should have..and hence the issues seemed a lot bigger than they actually were.

On the other hand, Shandana's mother had it worse from back in the day, but she didn't just run away from the problems that came her way. She was rather patient and tried fitting in, even if that meant following someone elses' rules. Shahwar's issues were primarily the usual - living with an insecure mother in law who couldn't see her son drift away from her. Shahwar exhausted her other options where she would confront her husband or in laws about these issues, but that never worked. So either she could have gotten a divorce and ran OR tried gaining acceptance by figuring out what the root problems were..and she chose the latter. Eventually, it paid off..and in the end she realized that her mother in law wasn't ever evil per say but due to common insecurities behaved the way she did. Granted, that was wrong of Mansoor and his mother, but that was the reason why. Mansoor was also blinded by his family issues leading him to neglect his wife.

Overall, it was a comparison of two couples, one from today's times and one from the past. You can argue that in the end women were the ones who compromised more...and I agree, but I think what Umera was trying to get at was that sometimes when both the guy and the girl in a marriage have huge sized egos..their marriage is bound to fail. That's how Shandana and Haider were - they both were egoistic and too full of themselves to confront their problems. In this case, Umera showed the women to drop their egos and see the bigger picture. The reason why this show DID click with the audiences was because a lot of women saw themselves in Shahwar, especially the likes of our parents etc who've mostly lived in such households. I don't think Umera was showing what's right and what's wrong...I feel she was showing that women have the ability to put their egos aside and try saving their marriage while men kind of don't. With all that said, the issues shown in DeS were common marital issues that usually have gone down in most households, especially from back in the day in joint family systems. The show never glorified living with violence, rape, or other issues where there should be no question of compromising.
grey23 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Guys want to watch one drama and then will not watch any other for next 2 month..
Which one is better?

1.digest writer
2.sargoshi
3.mera charger
-shabz- thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: grey23

Guys want to watch one drama and then will not watch any other for next 2 month..

Which one is better?

1.digest writer
2.sargoshi
3.mera charger

mera charger 🤣

It's probably in a drawer or the wall socket.

Btw that wasn't a recommendation
Edited by -shabz- - 9 years ago
grey23 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Shabz 😆😆
I was laughing seeing ur comment and my mom asked why r u laughing 😲

I m confused what is the actual name 😛
-shabz- thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: grey23

Shabz😆😆

I was laughing seeing ur comment and my mom asked why r u laughing😲

I m confused what is the actual name😛

mere charaghar, but I haven't seen it.
-RisingAsh- thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Hello hello... Hope u all are good :)

--

Yeah Fiza .. Itz Mere Charagar.. NOT mera charger 😲 🤣

Mere Charagar means ( I think ) My Healer ? I am not sure.. Correct me guysif I am wrong..