3rd Hum Awards - Performance and Hosting review

Usman. thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 9 years ago
Just watched Hum awards yesterday. The stage was set up beautifully..The awards (whether unfair or not) have already been discussed here many times. So I'll just post my views on performances and hosting.

Dance Performances:
The male actors were way ahead in dance performances as compared to the female ones. Ahsan Khan was the best of the lot. His Hrithik Roshan moves were just too good. Shahroz Sabzwari pleasantly surprised me. His opening bit on "bismil" was very good. Feroz Khan did well too. As for girls, I was expecting better performance from Saba, but I guess the songs she got did not really do justice to her talent. Syra looked a bit uncomfortable.. but she looked pretty and tried hard So I'll give it to her... (I know I'm biased towards Yousaf sisters.LOL). I skipped Mehwish's performance and Sajjal was way too nervous and uncomfortable in her performance.. And it was difficult to spot her on stage πŸ˜†
The choice of songs on Saba performed could have been a better number imo, Also the song on which Syra & Shahroz performed I had never heard before. :/
Hosting:
Apart from Sanam Saeed, every one else did their best. Sanam S definitely needs to improve her Urdu diction..She made a few blunders while giving award to Anwar Maqsood..Ahmad and Wasay were hilarious.. esp Ahmad, his spontaneous jokes made it more fun to watch. Sanam Jhang, surprisingly, was very good too. Hamza's dress was way too distracting otherwise his hosting was at times good and at times bland.
Wasay and Mahira's fake fight looked absolutely forced and unnecessary.
Overall, it was a very good show.. but Hum made a disastrous decision by airing it half on Saturday and then on Sunday. Didn't make any sense at all.
Edited by Usman. - 9 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

cimba thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
i will have to watch it since your review says good. thanks
-RisingAsh- thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
I am so eager to watch it..

I have been through different sites of reviews on this Award Show, n they were pretty positive regarding the presentation.
N now seeing ur views on it, I so wanna watch it now..

P.S. Who was Hamza Ali Abbasi's designer for this occasion ?

Popo. thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Seriously airing it half on sat ad half on sun was pretty lameeπŸ€”
BlackStar. thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
I found the entire event bad from start to go.. the hosting, the performances, the jokes/audience interaction all made me cringe. Mahira and Vasay's fight was so stupid and unnecessary I failed to understand what purpose it served barring the introduction to Bin Roye. They could've done something else. Also worst of all was the editing. How many times are you going to show the same clip in a minute or a clip in which the seating arrangement is different each time yet the person is still on stage? Were the editors sleeping? And Hum's greed for money put me off.. cheap tricks airing the award show on two days πŸ₯±
Usman. thumbnail
Sana: I absolutely agree with the editing bit. Rest, I disagree.. i thoroughly enjoyed the show.
BlackStar. thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Usman.

Sana: I absolutely agree with the editing bit. Rest, I disagree.. i thoroughly enjoyed the show.

Did you watch on TV? I saw it on my laptop and lost patience midway πŸ˜†
One thing I really did enjoy was the best actor/actress winning speeches. I loved Saba and Mahira's hug!
Usman. thumbnail
^Downloaded it and watched it on LED.. since mom wanted to watch it on big screen πŸ˜† Sabb k kapray theek se nazar atay hain is liye πŸ˜†
-shabz- thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
why why why do they have to include dance numbers...why cant they just have the singers come and perform the nominated OST's, and agar kissi ko nachana hai to OST's pay nach lo...we are not dancers, we can never match India in that...give it up.
Usman. thumbnail
^I liked the dancing stuff Shabz πŸ˜†πŸ˜†
Singers coming and singing songs make me fall asleep.. Thats why I skipped Sunidhi's part πŸ˜†