Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

ABBY_JERAN thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 9
Posted: 9 years ago

Originally posted by: -ZaYalicious-

This is sort of weird. I mean Z is currently airing a masterpiece like Dastaan and people still can't get over ZGH. Not that I dislike ZGH.. In fact, I was sort of crazy for ZGH but the drama industry doesn't end on ZGH.

Zindagi should actually move back to the slot of 1 hour for every serial because the half hour slot makes the serials appear like soaps. And they really should not air shows like Mere Humnawa and the other ajnabi one. I mean there are some brilliant serials out there and they're choosing the ones that received lowest ratings and have repetitive plot

I prefer watching serials of half an hr everyday in zindagi rather than one whole hour everyday

It's better if they appear as soaps as indian audience is used to watching soaps of half n hr

N me being an Indian soap bower for ages prefer watching half an he each day rather than one whole long he everyday

Plus if they show all amazing dramas in one go then there won't b much content left for the future years

So I jus luv zindagi a strategy of mixing superhit hit n mediocre shows

That way the viewing is balanced

They show the superhit shows in prime time and shows with a bit dark theme after 10 30

Before they used to show only 4 shows a day one he each

But now they are showing 8 shows of mixed genres simultaneously of half an hr each which is so much better

And on Sunday's they show telefilms and a comedy series

Their strategy is perfect and very suited for indian audience

Coz even if the shows may look like soaps they jus run for one n half months and then end and a new shows starts...hence Indian audience don't get bored as like their soaps it doesn't go on for ages
khamosshhh thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

I so agree on this issue of changing the titles. Like how on earth can they name the tragedy that happened with Hassan-Bano as 'haseen sitam'? I agree that pori dunya mein when foreign content is aired, they change the names. But when Indians can understand the Urdu titles like Dastaan and Silvatein there is absolutely no need to change the title. Yes, Mata e Jaan counts as a difficult Urdu word, so changing it to Meri Jaan Hai Tu is acceptable but not the others!

I agree on the latter part too. The acting and direction was the real magic otherwise Humsafar's plot was TOO predictable. For ZGH, I didn't like it much after the wedding episodes. They had tiffs because of Asmara and Osama in the later episodes, nothing else.

That was exactly wht I said, that how can dey say 'haseen sitam'.😲...yes there was sitam galore, but can hardly be termed as haseen.

First dey had renamed Dastaan as Lakeerein, which was still suitable, but the new title is so unsuitable and such a mouthful. Also Z promoted as a timeless love story, but Dastaan is much more than a love story and actually it's more a tragic saga of Bano.

Anyways it seems they change titles to prevent ppl from watching the shows online,
khamosshhh thumbnail

Interestingly, I went through this post of yours just a few days ago when I was stalking Z forum. Well, I understand. But I feel like that ZGH, along sith AZ, was the first serial in the list of 'something new' for Indian audience. MANY people have rated AZ above ZGH on Indian websites. The first and second in the list of the dramas they've liked so far is either ZGH or AZ. So I think the fact that these two were the first of the different content you guys got to see is the reason why people can't get over ZGH/AZ. For example, if they had aired Daam along with AZ I'm pretty sure it would have ended up being the favourite of all considering the fact that it had a rather strong plot and performances. And Daam was spell-bounding!

For me, this is the only reason why Indian audience is still hung up on ZGH. And of course, the craze that girls have on Fawad. 😛 And yes, it definitely had more 'romance' content compared to the other serials of '13. Khair, so people really need to get over it and watch the other content that Z is airing and will air. But I respect everyone's choices and I agree that some serials do indeed end up becoming special to you but this attitude just doesn't suit towards ZGH because honestly, there are wonders like Ankahi and Tanhaiyaan which Indian audience is yet to see.

Firstly most of the shows have been liked and appreciated by the Zindagi audience and in fact the shows that were popular in Pak r d same shows tht r well received in India too and more or less ppl liking or disliking certain dramas have the same reasons for doing so as their Pak counterpart.

What I have noticed and find it unfair is d dismissive attitude of ppl who hv been watching Pak dramas for a long time, towards viewers of Z channel. Our POV is simply being dismissed as ppl being crazy fans of Fawad and hence not being able to appreciate other dramas and actors and not knowing abt Pak dramas and hence not qualified enough to speak abt them coz it's just been a year since we started watching them and such disdainful remarks.

Also AZ is no where near the craze that ZGH has generated and it's a fact, but that does not mean that for everyone ZGH is best or that AZ does not hv it's own following. Also ZGH was aired last year in the UK too for the first time and it was on top of the TRP charts often beating shows like Bigg Boss which was the highest TRP generating show.

@ Bold -It's a misconception tht coz ZGH was the first show aired, tht ppl became crazy abt it. I'll just talk abt myself. I have been brought up on Pak dramas since my childhood. Have watched Ankahee, Tanhaaiyaan, Dhoop Kinare, Teesra Kinara and many more since my childhood and in fact so have many watching Zindagi and they were and still r very popular dramas. In fact I hv seen Tanhaaiyaan and DK innumerable times and had video tapes of DK, which we wld watch often and know almost all the dialogues by heart.😳

Also a few years back, knowing my craze for Pak dramas a relative of mine suggested me to watch this show. Said it was a very good and super hit show. So I started watching it nd gave up after 4/5 epis. coz it just did not appeal to me. But what had caught my attention was the male lead, who impressed me with his acting and screen presence. And the show I am talking abt was Humsafar. So it wasn't dat I was sold on d hype or anything. I was also recommended to watch MZZB nd dat too I watched a couple of epis and stopped watching. though later on I did watch MZZB and really liked it nd it's my fav after ZGH. Also ZGH I didn't watch it when it was aired on Z, but watched it afterwards online. Have watched so many other shows and have really liked MZZB, DeS, Ijaazat (Ishq Junoon Deewangi), Malaal, Daam, Digest Writer, Talkhiyaan, Shukk, but still ZGH remains my fav.

Also I do like how they showed the romance in ZGH, which was very realistic and natural and I like the pairing too, though I don't believe in shipping for couples, but for me ZGH is first and foremost the story of Kashaf, den d story of Zaroon and den the story of Zaroon-Kashaf.

clockworknerd thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: HeavenlyBliss.

what is haseen sitam? :S

IMO, the script and dialogues of MZZB were way better than Humsafar even though the concept was same.

Sitam means 'zulm' and haseen tou you know na. So yes, 'zulm or tagedy that was appealing' It is just so weird, I don't get it.
Edited by -ZaYalicious- - 9 years ago
clockworknerd thumbnail

Originally posted by: khamosshhh

Firstly most of the shows have been liked and appreciated by the Zindagi audience and in fact the shows that were popular in Pak r d same shows tht r well received in India too and more or less ppl liking or disliking certain dramas have the same reasons for doing so as their Pak counterpart.

What I have noticed and find it unfair is d dismissive attitude of ppl who hv been watching Pak dramas for a long time, towards viewers of Z channel. Our POV is simply being dismissed as ppl being crazy fans of Fawad and hence not being able to appreciate other dramas and actors and not knowing abt Pak dramas and hence not qualified enough to speak abt them coz it's just been a year since we started watching them and such disdainful remarks.

Yeah, I saw that happening on Dastaan's thread. But I'm not one of them. 😛 I don't think this but you know to some extent crazy fangirls do end up becoming biased. I'm not referring just to people on Z forum but in general. These fanatics do end up acting rather foolishly for the sake of their favourites. It's normal, happens everywhere. So considering that Fawad has a huge fan following, it won't be wrong to say that yes some of his fans do act childish, be it Pakistanis fans or Indians. Pakistani fans tou Allah tauba. :p Some are like 'Fawad is the best dad/husband in the industry' And I feel like banging my head on the laptop screen reading such posts. Immaturity!
Also AZ is no where near the craze that ZGH has generated and it's a fact, but that does not mean that for everyone ZGH is best or that AZ does not hv it's own following. Also ZGH was aired last year in the UK too for the first time and it was on top of the TRP charts often beating shows like Bigg Boss which was the highest TRP generating show.

@ Bold -It's a misconception tht coz ZGH was the first show aired, tht ppl became crazy abt it. I'll just talk abt myself. I have been brought up on Pak dramas since my childhood. Have watched Ankahee, Tanhaaiyaan, Dhoop Kinare, Teesra Kinara and many more since my childhood and in fact so have many watching Zindagi and they were and still r very popular dramas. In fact I hv seen Tanhaaiyaan and DK innumerable times and had video tapes of DK, which we wld watch often and know almost all the dialogues by heart.😳

Yeah, so here you're just talking about yourself. Believe me, I have noticed this to some extent among the fans.. especially on Twitter. I explored a lot of profiles and the fact was evident. Again, I won't say everyone. But majorly, I believe this is the reason.

Also a few years back, knowing my craze for Pak dramas a relative of mine suggested me to watch this show. Said it was a very good and super hit show. So I started watching it nd gave up after 4/5 epis. coz it just did not appeal to me. But what had caught my attention was the male lead, who impressed me with his acting and screen presence. And the show I am talking abt was Humsafar. So it wasn't dat I was sold on d hype or anything. I was also recommended to watch MZZB nd dat too I watched a couple of epis and stopped watching. though later on I did watch MZZB and really liked it nd it's my fav after ZGH. Also ZGH I didn't watch it when it was aired on Z, but watched it afterwards online. Have watched so many other shows and have really liked MZZB, DeS, Ijaazat (Ishq Junoon Deewangi), Malaal, Daam, Digest Writer, Talkhiyaan, Shukk, but still ZGH remains my fav.

Also I do like how they showed the romance in ZGH, which was very realistic and natural and I like the pairing too, though I don't believe in shipping for couples, but for me ZGH is first and foremost the story of Kashaf, den d story of Zaroon and den the story of Zaroon-Kashaf.

I am not saying that the romance was inappropriate but it was just a bit too much compared to the other serials that aired in the same season. And the reason why I believe that ZGH gained popularity because of it's romance content, along with other aspects of the show, is because generally people, or more specifically girls, are easily attracted to this aspect of the show.

Word Count: 1

khamosshhh thumbnail
@ZaYalicious - see dat's wht I mean to say tht ZGH may not be the best show, or the best directed or the best story, but something abt it made it very endearing and ppl love watching it again and again. And I don't know whether any other show's AT went upto 30+ threads, but it did for ZGH here, so it was as much a talked abt and loved show when it was aired for the first time and so it seems ironical that when the same is happening on Z forum, nd since ppl hv moved on here, dey r belittling ppl crazy abt d show.😳
Also yes all said and done, it was the romance tht worked most for ZGH, but there was a novelty and connectivity in it dat I haven't found in other shows. Also more than romance, I liked the dynamics which were shown in ZK relationship and I hv rarely seen a relationship of such equality. And also if one goes to see, than the actual love story started only after half the drama was done.
clockworknerd thumbnail
Complete the thread before the fifth episode, people! 😆
-MitwaIshqPe- thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3

Complete the thread before the fifth episode, people! 😆

LOL! I don't think that is possible unless we SPAM 🤣
clockworknerd thumbnail