Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

mary78613 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 9 years ago

Originally posted by: -ZaYalicious-

I guess Mere Humdum Mere Dost is in English. But Kash, it is not a good book. Definitely, not worth reading. At least, I didn't like the plot of an old guy and a young girl falling in love.😆

The dramatization of the novel was pretty good though. Sanam Jung and Adnan Siddiqui were really good. Its actually one of the best shows of last year and plus Hareen plays an amazing vamp in the show. 😛
Edited by mary78613 - 9 years ago
Couch_Potato thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Popo.

Yess the novel is amazinggg 😳 u shud definitely read it, it's alsoo by umera ahmed but the show based on it don't even think abt it arghhh its pathetic seriously they ruined it. Just don't watch it lol

Heh. That's good then. Mujhse zyada Pakistani shows bardasht nahi hote. Most of them have such black and white characters and I contribute a bit of that to Umera Ahmed ka narrative style. But I will definitely give the novel a shot. :)
Couch_Potato thumbnail

Originally posted by: lostmymusic.

^I think the same. I have a feeling that Suhaib will be the one in the marriage who just does his duty as a husband without any attachment to Arjumand because no doubt Arjumand's repulsiveness did leave a mark on him. I believe it'll be Arjumand who'll want them to be happy as husband and wife...rishta bhale kaise bhi juda ho, she'll accept it nonetheless and want for it to work. And Suhaib will be all distant and cold, with no hint of his previous carefree playfulness..

I also think somewhere in his head he knows he will never measure up to what Behroze was for Arjumand. I think Suhaib could easy be one of those younger siblings who idiolize their older brother and imagine they can do no wrong. Him leaving like this then shatters all that. But he still doesn't think he can ever fill Behroze's shoes especially when it comes to Arjumand.

The blatant way she let him know what she thought of this marriage will of course add to the mix. He is a victim of more than circumstances. He's also one of guilt. And that might stop him from ever reaching out to her. She will definitely have to take the first step.

I just fervently wish he regains a bit of his old self again. I would hate for everything to be ruined forever. I wish these two heartbroken people a world of love. I really do.
Popo. thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

PeK left a huge impact on me. And Salar undoubtedly my favourite.
Amarbail is my most faviurite Urdu novel. And yeah Umer Jahangir is in the list too 😆

The drama was pathetic. I read the novel in October last year and then watched the first episode. Allah tauba, Aleezay looked like an aunty in the dramatization. And Umer Jahangir ko tou budha bana diya 😆😆 Don't watch the drama, but the novel is exceptional!

Hahahah seriously aleezay I wanted to kill her after a few scenez 😆 ad adnan as umer Arghhh
characters like salar ad umer jahangir are difficult to portray, they shouldn't even try to dramatize these novels 😆
Couch_Potato thumbnail

You know, I personally find romance in Pakistani dramas very awkward. Not just in dramas, since I am a regular reader of digests as well, just reading about them makes it very hard for me to digest 😆 Only some writer can deal with the Pakistani version of romance nicely, most just go over the top and try to copy the Indian desi soap style of romancing and I just can not see it go well with Pakistani characters xD I am trying to overcome this awkwardness but it still makes it very difficult for me to watch the drama with my family. Of course I am not against them or anything but personally it's hard for me to find an aesthetic romance in Pakistani dramas. It all comes down to presentation, really. More than the hug, what I found more intimate was RuRoz's pillow talk. Them looking at each other and just talking about their future..now that was nicely shown.

I do hope that WaFa get their share of scenes. One can't be sure with Pakistani dramas because actors have their certain, and legit, reservations. But OsMaya are such good friends with amazing ease and comfort between them...Allah kare we get some nice moments between them

I was actually waiting for the moment or a scene where Arjumand would've attempted to take her life and I can't explain how happy I got that we didn't even get so much as a hint of it. Farhat Ishtiaq got some massive backlash for showing suicide in Humsafar and I'm glad she's learned from that. Arjumand's state was so broken and vulnerable, the sheer humiliation of rejection was making it hard for her to breathe. I loved that scene where she's standing in front of the mirror and it hits her again that Behroze left her and she falls on the floor, crying helplessly. But despite all that, she kept refusing and putting up a fight. And it wasn't till Agha Jaan so casually disregarded her self that she stopped struggling. That's when she realized that her struggle is futile. Yahan koi nahin sunne wala..

Arjumand herself confessed that she found it hard to even look at Behroze, let alone talk with him. The reality of their relationship always overpowered her and the haya took control. But with Suhaib she was more her age. She is younger than the brothers and had always been pampered by them as evident by the flashbacks. She was their playmate and while growing up, her equation with Behroze changed but it remained the same with Suhaib. Their first scene was hinting towards their friendship. Suhaib's blatant teasing about her restlessness to meet Behroze and Arjumand's adorably stern reaction to it, "Suhaib, tum hamesha mere saath aisa hi karte ho!" They have been one team and yes, they have an openness in their relationship which caused her to literally shake Suhaib up for his cowardly obedience. And Suhaib also told her his position, that he's helpless. His very own brother has left him in a position which is no less than a suffocating trap for him and he can't do anything about it. Khair, I am glad they had this conversation. They both know what the other feels about this nikaah. It will make things more interesting when they actually start their new life together...who changes first.

You know when I was reading what you said about Pakistani writers and romance aesthetics I couldn't help think about Korean shows. They aren't extreme in their display of proximity but the comfort level and the ease clearly shows through. They have the same certain family values and approach to romance. I see a lot of parallels between the two types of dramas in terms of storytelling too. And it got me thinking. A lot of it has to do with the actors and the makers understanding and ease as you pointed out. For some reason, until recently even kissing in Bollywood looked tacky. I think you're right - it's the same in Pakistani shows too. The how, when, where of romance needs to be worked on. But all that being said, mujhe chote chote se scenes hamesha ache lagte hain where things are just slightly implied - eg. Wali biting that apple or taking one step closer and saying 'Chup!' 😉

@Bold - I am so glad you said that and I completely agree. In terms of the suicide angle, I don't know I have a different stance on it but yes given the storyline as it is, that wasn't a good option here. However I would have liked for her to hit Suhaib while she was pleading with him in that room. It would have seemed more desperate, for her to be pushed to such a point that sharam and lihaaz are tossed aside in her despair.

I am honestly more interested in their future than anything else. Just because these two have grown on me and I really want something good to come out of this (besides Wali 😉) for the two of them. Some justification, some reward, something good for doing the right thing. Ugh. I want fairness and love for them. Bas.

Couch_Potato thumbnail

Arjumand isn't older than Suhaib :P She is younger than the brothers. Suhaib is only a year younger than Behroze. And Suhaib had introduced Arjumand to Laila saying, "umer mein mujhse choti hai lekin rishte mein badi hai.."

I do sincerely hope that they fall in love with each other. There's no question of them not developing an understanding..Suhaib is such a mature, relationship valuing guy...plus there's their previous friendship which will pave the path to understanding compromise. But it's my wish for them to be more than just samjhote wale husband wife who don't have any love for each other and just respect. I am sure once they get settled in their feelings will change...at least I am strongly hoping that..

This.

I feel like there should a ArSu (is that the ship name?) fall in love petition. I would sign it a dozen times.

These two deserve love more than anyone else at the moment.
Couch_Potato thumbnail

I guess Mere Humdum Mere Dost is in English. But Kash, it is not a good book. Definitely, not worth reading. At least, I didn't like the plot of an old guy and a young girl falling in love. 😆

Oh. Acha I did some looking around and she wrote Humsafar too right? So that should be in English too haina? And yeah I'm not a huge fan of that too. So I won't get into that. Once I'm done reading DeD, maybe I'll ask you guys for book recs! 😉

P.S. Anyone knows the name of that 'tharki' (I called him that cuz he was creepy!) dada story who walked in a park regularly and then befriended this young girl and was trying to hook him up with his pota? I wanted to read that one. I heard it was good.
Couch_Potato thumbnail

PeK left a huge impact on me. And Salar undoubtedly my favourite.
Amarbail is my most faviurite Urdu novel. And yeah Umer Jahangir is in the list too 😆

The drama was pathetic. I read the novel in October last year and then watched the first episode. Allah tauba, Aleezay looked like an aunty in the dramatization. And Umer Jahangir ko tou budha bana diya 😆😆 Don't watch the drama, but the novel is exceptional!

I still remember when there were rumors what they were going to turn PeK into a drama and debates were on about who would make the best Salar. I wanted to scream. No one can play Salar dhang se. Lekin ab mujhe OKB pe ajeeb sa pyaar aa raha hai. Maybe he could? Lekin then again you can't have the same face for Wali and Salar. That might cause an outrage.

Honestly, I think this is the first book-based drama I have enjoyed this much since Dil Diya Dehleez. Humsafar and ZGH were too hyped up for me. Lekin that show was a class apart and I have such fond memories of it.

They cast book characters itne ajeeb logo ke saath mostly, kachra ho jaata hai.

Waise agar Umer Jahangir is on the list with likes of Salar and Wali, tab toh padhna parega!

Edited by Couch_Potato - 9 years ago
hima1991 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: mary78613

Welcome to the forum.
I will pm you 😃

hi can also please PM me .I too dont know URDU
Couch_Potato thumbnail
Waise does someone know ke DeD ki total number of episodes kitni hongi? I mean I think they've finished shooting it right? So they must have a number somewhere.