Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

nitarata thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 9 years ago

Sorry yaara.. ek line bhi nahi likha hain, abhi!
nitarata thumbnail

Part 2

One more man had rejected me.

And it hurt me. I should have been used to it by now, after countless rejections due to me being the dull, boring, not pretty and whatever reasons they wanted to come up with.

At least this rockstar rejected me right away, not taking it to engagement or the wedding mantap.

"Hey, hello! Pragya...", I heard him take my name. But I was too immersed in my thoughts to respond.

Why would he want to marry me, anyway? He must have beautiful and glamorous girls at his mercy. I only had thought about myself not wanting to marry him but now it made sense that he wouldn't want to marry me either.

But I decided I was going to honor my own decision of not being affected by rejections anymore.

"Hello! do you have issues just with your eyes or your ears too, Miss Chashmish?", I heard him say something clearly this time.

"If you don't want to marry me, it's good for you. Because I never wanted to marry you either. I think we are done here. Can you drop me home, now?" I said without looking at him.

"Ahaaa, really? Then, why would you play magic on my Daadi and trap her?" he mocked.

"Magic? Trap? I respect your grandma for her kindness. Yes, I happened to meet her several times. But that doesn't mean..", I was cut off before I finished my sentence.

"It meant you used her kindness to make her believe you are a bahu material so that she chants your name and decides to get you married to me. Isn't it?", he sounded serious now.

"Why on earth you are thinking like this? For your kind information, I am not dying to marry you. I don't want to marry you or anyone", I spoke agitated.

"If that is the case, why didn't you refuse when my Daadi made the proposal? Why has my Daadi begun with wedding arrangements? Why is my Daadi hell bent on bringing you as her bahu? Why is your family already treating me like a son in law?", he was throwing questions after questions.

"Listen, I was not even given a proper chance to decide. I am not at all interested in marriage or such relationships. My mother is forcing me into it in her own way. If I don't marry, she will get sick. She will not continue with her radiotherapy. I could not say No to her how much ever I wanted and tried. Why don't you refuse to your Daadi yourself? That would be a favor on me too.", I didn't know why but I felt as if I would break down.

He went silent for a few good moments.

"I can't believe I can find something in common with you. I wish I could tell Daadi that I don't want to marry myself. Her kidneys are failing and doctors are trying for a transplant. And it is very important that she is not stressed out. So, anything I do against her will only deteriorate her health and she will totally refuse to cooperate with her health, transplant etc. I had been to the US for a month for my concerts. Before leaving I had casually told her I would marry any girl she chooses, because she was always on my head to have me married. I come back here and she gives me your pictures and tells me she has done my roka with you and the marriage is in a week. What IS this roka? Are we engaged?", he queried.

I also couldn't believe he was in the same boat as me. I felt bad for his grandmother who was so kind and loving in those few times I had met her.

"Roka is like a commitment between the two families. It's not engagement but a promise from both families that this marriage would happen. But, why don't you tell your Daadi whoever you want to get married to so that.." I reasoned.

"That's the thing, you know. Where will I bring a girl from?", he tapped on the steering wheel.

"Don't you have girlfriends? I mean a girlfriend? So many girls might be wanting to marry you", I wondered.

"I used to have girlfriends but now I just have random hookups. Of course every girl wants to marry me, except for celibate babaji types like you. But the point is I don't want to marry. I am not husband material and nor want to be one", he narrated his situation.

"So, what do you want to do now?", I asked him.

"Is your mother a drama queen like my Daadi? And when is her therapy or whatever you talked about?", he questioned sincerely.

I wouldn't call my mother a drama queen, but I thought if I refused to marry, my mother would bring the roof down, cry buckets, and knowingly worsen her health. If that is being a drama queen, may be she is!

"She has breast tumor. She needs to undergo radiotherapy sessions in the next few months to completely get rid of the cancer. It's unfortunate that she equates her therapy to me being married", I sighed.

He ran his fingers through his hair and seemed to be in thoughts. I was still trying to make sense of all that we talked in the last few minutes. I was vaguely relieved but deeply pained at the same time. I didn't know how was I going to tell my mother that this marriage was not going to happen either. Would she be able to handle it? I was terrified of breaking this news to her. But I knew there was no other choice.

"Look, this might sound crazy. But, how about we marry for now, only in papers, and let my Daadi go through the transplant and your mother the therapies. Once they both get better, we can call off our marriage. I will give you whatever compensation you want. We can have a detailed prenuptial agreement on that. You don't have to be a wife or anything, just be there in my house for a few months, and live your life as you want. And once things get better we can separate. So, how do you like the idea?", he came with a plan that shocked me.

"So, will you marry me?", he asked the one question I had sometimes dreamt for a guy to ask me.

-mina- thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
OMG OMG OMG TIA THIS IS PERFECT

i love it

the deal THE DEAL the deal

i'm sorry i don't have anything useful to say

except this is really exciting!! so thank you for the update!!
Edited by -mina- - 9 years ago
--simmi-- thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
I know I'm meant to be asleep but as you updated how could I not come and comment!

So first of all thanks for updating!

Then just the opening sentence - One more man had rejected me - was enough to hook me in and think yes Tia is back with a great and superb and mind blowing update. So many emotions of hurt failure and heartbreak in one short sharp simple sentence. She already has faced rejection and here it was all happening again. Love you for writing this line that too in the start.

And then the next part I loved was this - "Hello! do you have issues just with your eyes or your ears too, Miss Chashmish?", I heard him say - though you included the start with many sad rejected feelings from Pragya this brought me to Abhigyas reality, Abhi will be Abhi, and this funny line was very well used.

"Is your mother a drama queen like my Daadi? - this this this! Lol! So true tho! Daadi is a drama queen but very important in abhigya marrying in the first place as well. Glad you included this too.

but I thought if I refused to marry, my mother would bring the roof down, cry buckets, and knowingly worsen her health - this is a perfect way of describing Sarla! She is such a tense woman and gets into a mess over smallest worries but she too is a big part as to why Pragya agreed to marry.

And to end it all as best as possible you wrote this - "So, will you marry me?", he asked the one question I had sometimes dreamt for a guy to ask me. - probably the most effective way to put Pragyas dreams into words! So powerful that thought she acts strong she too has them wishes that a girl holds close to her heart for someone to love her and never leave her side.

Okay I know I know I got carried away but what can I do when you write so well Tia! All in all I loved this update - a different but good start for Abhigya which will lead to love I am sure!

👏 x 100
kdsubs thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
"Celibate Babaji types" 🤣 oh Tia, Tia, Tia! Babaji ka thullu 😆.

Forgive me my levity but its a dreary Friday afternoon at work and that phrase had me cracking up.

And Pragsy does not know a drama queen?? She lives with one. Or more. I thought if I refused to marry, my mother would bring the roof down, cry buckets, and knowingly worsen her health. If that is being a drama queen, may be she is! Indeed Pragya - welcome to drama land.

I like the deal. No matter how childish the basis of the deal (both Dadi and Ma need a knock on their heads. Or need their heads knocked together. I hate emotional blackmail - annoys me no end. But staple diet for serials. So...) Now, we can see some rocking rockstar-chashmish interaction post marriage.

Are you planning to explore Pragya's insecurities about her looks, getting rejected every time, and so on? I so hope you are. Powerful material there in very capable hands.
sudanindia2014 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
great Tia I loved it ..it is like a road map of Pragya's life with Abhi ..start with her worst nightmares and will reached to her sweetest dream with a lot of drama and fun in between ..can not wait to see them as a married couple ..I think you are excluding Tannu ..right ? looking forward to see how their life will be without her
sparikh thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
I loved the first 2 parts - Rockstar is to the point. cutting to the issues :)

-Sona
rutu83 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
oh yay- an update! a fab one at that :)
gotta run- be back soon
nitarata thumbnail

Originally posted by: simsim25

I know I'm meant to be asleep but as you updated how could I not come and comment!

So first of all thanks for updating!

Aww, sorry to have delayed your bedtime.

Then just the opening sentence - One more man had rejected me - was enough to hook me in and think yes Tia is back with a great and superb and mind blowing update. So many emotions of hurt failure and heartbreak in one short sharp simple sentence. She already has faced rejection and here it was all happening again. Love you for writing this line that too in the start.

Thank you for noting that line.

And then the next part I loved was this - "Hello! do you have issues just with your eyes or your ears too, Miss Chashmish?", I heard him say - though you included the start with many sad rejected feelings from Pragya this brought me to Abhigyas reality, Abhi will be Abhi, and this funny line was very well used.

Heheee, Abhi flavour has to be there!

"Is your mother a drama queen like my Daadi? - this this this! Lol! So true tho! Daadi is a drama queen but very important in abhigya marrying in the first place as well. Glad you included this too.

but I thought if I refused to marry, my mother would bring the roof down, cry buckets, and knowingly worsen her health - this is a perfect way of describing Sarla! She is such a tense woman and gets into a mess over smallest worries but she too is a big part as to why Pragya agreed to marry.

Yep, it's all about the mother and motherly figures. Both caught with the same emotional blackmails.

And to end it all as best as possible you wrote this - "So, will you marry me?", he asked the one question I had sometimes dreamt for a guy to ask me. - probably the most effective way to put Pragyas dreams into words! So powerful that thought she acts strong she too has them wishes that a girl holds close to her heart for someone to love her and never leave her side.

Exactly that. That's my Pragya here.

Okay I know I know I got carried away but what can I do when you write so well Tia! All in all I loved this update - a different but good start for Abhigya which will lead to love I am sure!

👏 x 100

Thank you so much Simmi for such details and noticing the lines that meant a lot during the writing for me. Makes it worth.
nitarata thumbnail

Originally posted by: kdsubs

"Celibate Babaji types" 🤣 oh Tia, Tia, Tia! Babaji ka thullu 😆.

Forgive me my levity but its a dreary Friday afternoon at work and that phrase had me cracking up.

And Pragsy does not know a drama queen?? She lives with one. Or more. I thought if I refused to marry, my mother would bring the roof down, cry buckets, and knowingly worsen her health. If that is being a drama queen, may be she is! Indeed Pragya - welcome to drama land.

I like the deal. No matter how childish the basis of the deal (both Dadi and Ma need a knock on their heads. Or need their heads knocked together. I hate emotional blackmail - annoys me no end. But staple diet for serials. So...) Now, we can see some rocking rockstar-chashmish interaction post marriage.

Are you planning to explore Pragya's insecurities about her looks, getting rejected every time, and so on? I so hope you are. Powerful material there in very capable hands.

Hi Kat!

Thanks for your comments. Pragya unfortunately gives a lot more space to her mom than regular daughters because of not having a father thing.

Yep, the deal is indeed childish. But it was necessary for me to marry off AbhiGya to get to the plot. Kya karu?😕 Couldn't have had Abhi marry Pragya without really wanting to.. unless there was some other motivation or a deal...

Yep, Pragya's issues will be put forward and hopefully be dealt with too.