Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Posted: 9 years ago

Originally posted by: -Crescendo-

Really 😲,even you didn't watch Pakistani dramas until HS.This in itself somehow speaks of the low phase industry must be facing at that point.

Very well said..online viewers were mostly acquainted with HS and ZGH but TV viewers have seen it in a broader light.
Is Zindagi channel aired overseas too?(Asking you this because I remember talking to you in ZGH AT and that you are a Pakistani expatriate in Britain).

Trust me, UK viewers didnt even know Hum TV existed before Humsafar came😆 Even my cousins in Pakistan never watched hum TV before that.

Nope, we dont egt Zindagi here. Hum TV just got launched here last year. I heard Zindagi is going to be launched ehre too but im not sure when.
ruky786 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Well from what I've seen and heard, many of them have appreciated our dramas. I just started watching these dramas since last year and they are excellent, I'm not being bias because our dramas show reality, India can also do that if they have the right writers and creatives to produce good quality work i.e. Udaan IMO is currently a good piece of TV. Even the likes of Kajol, Tanuja ji are loving our Pakistani dramas, Kiron Kher, Paresh Rawal ji etc all have loved our dramas. People in India are so amazed they all love it so it shows that in terms of TV medium Pakistan are getting better, as long as they don't repeatedly do similar storylines because at the moment I feel a bit annoyed there are too many dramas discussing about a man ending up having two wives or there's always two women in his life. But other than that there are some dramas that are good to watch.
Gujar thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: HeavenlyBliss.

Yeah, woh bhi only when it was about to end lol. I watched it after I saw everyone usingsiggys of it.

Acha. Well here as you know I was raised watching two things a few brit dramas and Pak ones, I remember ARY first being launched here and they'd play dramas like Zebunissa, Ooper gori ka makaan, Boota from Toba Tek Singh, I remember my parents would watch and I'd watch them in passing, so there was always an awareness.
-shabz- thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: ruky786

Well from what I've seen and heard, many of them have appreciated our dramas. I just started watching these dramas since last year and they are excellent, I'm not being bias because our dramas show reality, India can also do that if they have the right writers and creatives to produce good quality work i.e. Udaan IMO is currently a good piece of TV. Even the likes of Kajol, Tanuja ji are loving our Pakistani dramas, Kiron Kher, Paresh Rawal ji etc all have loved our dramas. People in India are so amazed they all love it so it shows that in terms of TV medium Pakistan are getting better, as long as they don't repeatedly do similar storylines because at the moment I feel a bit annoyed there are too many dramas discussing about a man ending up having two wives or there's always two women in his life. But other than that there are some dramas that are good to watch.

yeah, those writers go overboard sometimes, after MAAT, all sisters were evil😆 and now every man has a second wife.😆...i want all writers to go to a far away island and take a break and leavethewriting to umera ahemad, farhat ishtiaq etc etc...and bushra ansari should just STOP writing🤢
LOL my parents watched those classic PTV dramas too, then they stopped watching until Humsafar came lol
-RisingAsh- thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Before humsafar too Pakistan came up with OUTSTANDING shows like Khuda Aur Mohabbat, MZZB, Durre Shehwar, Dastaan n many more like this..

ye to ab ek trend hi ban gaya hai tht " hamsafar CHANGED Pak Industry " 😛 jab k thtz not te case..

Pakistani shows started to be AWESOME once again since 2008 onwards..
-shabz- thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: RisingAsh

Before humsafar too Pakistan came up with OUTSTANDING shows like Khuda Aur Mohabbat, MZZB, Durre Shehwar, Dastaan n many more like this..

ye to ab ek trend hi ban gaya hai tht " hamsafar CHANGED Pak Industry " 😛 jab k thtz not te case..

I am pretty sure durre shewar was after humsafar, dont recall dastaan being before humsafar either.😕

Originally posted by: RisingAsh

Most people only watched shows like Dastaan after Humsafar. I didnt even know who Fawad Khan was until Humsafar. I saw Dastaan and MZZB way later.
-RisingAsh- thumbnail

Originally posted by: -shabz-

I am pretty sure durre shewar was after humsafar, dont recall dastaan being before humsafar either.😕

Yes.. Durr e shahwar was in 2012 but started two months after humsafar got finished.. N dastaan aired 2010.. 😳
-RisingAsh- thumbnail
My point is, itz not that if WE started watching other Pakistani shows after witnessing one single show does NOT mean everyone did it.. N tht show brought knowledge to people on how good Pak shows are right now..

I m talking in general.. I am the one who watched shows like Dastaan etc after Humsafar ( it aired later anyhow ) but Khuda aur mohabbat i saw later i agree.. But I DON'T SAY tht itz thanks to humsafar tht i started watching other Pakistani shows.. : S itz coz i got attracted towards those shows so i watched them..

That's it 😳