Did you know? KJO requested Imtiaz Ali to cast Alia Bhatt in Highwa

hasini009 thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago

Did you know? Karan Johar requested Imtiaz Ali to cast Alia Bhatt in Highway'

15 Google +1
  • Email
  • Print
The 'Koffee With Karan' host recalled how excitedly Alia had called him after getting the script of 'Highway', which also starred Randeep Hooda opposite her.The 'Koffee With Karan' host recalled how excitedly Alia had called him after getting the script of 'Highway', which also starred Randeep Hooda opposite her.
Press Trust of India | Panaji | Posted: November 28, 2014 12:09 pm | Updated: November 28, 2014 3:03 pm

Karan Johar says he requested Imtiaz Ali to cast Alia Bhatt in Highway', which required a mature performance in the lead role.

Karan Johar, who launched Alia in his 2012 college drama Student of Year' along with Varun Dhawan and Sidharth Malhotra, says he did not work much to sharpen the acting skills of these newcomers as he wanted them to be raw.

"I am glad that Imtiaz took Alia for Highway', which is considered one of the best performances of her. But I had to vouch for her to Imtiaz. When I had told him about Alia and requested him to take her in his film, he was not at all sure about her acting prowess after Student of the Year'. But I had assured him that she has the capacity to be the lead for his film," Karan said at an event on the sidelines of the ongoing International Film Festival of India (IFFI) here.

The Koffee With Karan' host recalled how excitedly Alia had called him after getting the script of Highway', which also starred Randeep Hooda opposite her.

"Alia had called me to tell that she got a script from Imtiaz for his next project. She told me she is there in every page of the script and she is playing the main lead. I told her to do it," he said.

Post Highway', Alia scaled new career heights with back-to-back hits 2 States' and Humpty Sharma ki Dulhania', both produced by Karan and helmed by two new filmmakers.

Karan said collaboration is the way forward in Bollywood to have a good business at the box-office.

"Collaboration is the way forward. I collaborated with new filmmakers in Humpty Sharma Ki Dulhania' and Hasee toh Phasee', because we found the scripts engaging and having the potential to do well at the box-office.

"Sometimes you have the resource and they have the screenplay. It's as simple as that. I always say when in doubt collaborate. That's what happens in west, but we shy away from it. We hold our brand values in such a way that we feel we are the statue of liberty. As long as you have given a great film it does not matter how many names are there in the credit stream," he said.

Karan is collaborating next with Karan Malhotra and Rohit Shetty for Brothers' and Ram Lakhan' remake, respectively.

- See more at: http://indianexpress.com/article/entertainment/bollywood/karan-johar-requested-imtiaz-ali-to-cast-alia-bhatt-in-highway/#sthash.3mXo9wu0.dpuf Edited by hasini009 - 9 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

hasini009 thumbnail
KhanSinghKumar thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Is requesting the new synonym for begging? ðŸ˜†
hasini009 thumbnail

Originally posted by: KhanSinghTomar

Is requesting the new synonym for begging? ðŸ˜†

khud ke liye karein toh begging, dusron ke liye karein toh requesting😆
MR.KooL thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 3
even alia bhatt didn't know 😆
hasini009 thumbnail

Originally posted by: MR.KooL

even alia bhatt didn't know 😆

charity should be done in secret😉😆
DanceUntilWeDie thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
I'm a little bit on kjo side here. See it doesn't matter how but the outcome is positive. She did perform and the film won critical acclaim. So it's alright I guess? But of course this is nepotism n had she got the film on her own merit sans kjo pushing for her it'd have been more rewarding.
MR.KooL thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: hasini009

charity should be done in secret😉😆

but some ppls likes tareef of their charity in public 😆
hasini009 thumbnail
success has many fathers, but failure is an orphan😆
CineFanLuver thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Now you know! & I do too!🤣
Man, I didnt even realised that i cared to confirm the height of his meddling in other peeps careers tho! 🤓
Kjo is really really🤢 

TfS Hasiniji!😳