Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

sun29 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 9 years ago

Originally posted by: jayaks02

Adi - here Jahangir will be deaddicted from Opium and Drinking by Mehernnisa and she will be given the title of Nur Jahan. 👏👏

Next Bhashaan Queen along the way !!!

ohh yes noorjehan being her next abla naari ,duniya ki satayee hui uner her production ...hence EK should be legally prohibited from touching history or classics anymore
sun29 thumbnail

She seems to be a fan of Jane Austen and has declared she adopts majorly from Austen's work. Anyone seen glimpses of Mr.Darcy anywhere in her serials ? 😆

have you seen Elizabeth Bennett in any of her serials?😆😆...Jane Austen must be suffering hearing about EK being her fan 😆...
adiana12 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Austen books actually make fun of the Victorian society and its norms of how it expects a certain code of behaviour in terms of gender and class - all couched in some of the best written romances they challenge popular norms - do we see this anywhere in EK's NRs ???
jayaks02 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
And you should have all seen Mr.& MRs 55 by immortal Guru Dutt who made light hearted and wonderful humour and fun of Women's Lib as it existed in 50's in India.

I am also wondering why there is no serial on male bonding type of stories with occassional or side story romance ? Like a DIl Chata hai or Macchis or even a Kai Po che.

Only romance is also boring yaar - Woh bhi nahi mila is yet another issue.
jayaks02 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: adiana12

Austen books actually make fun of the Victorian society and its norms of how it expects a certain code of behaviour in terms of gender and class - all couched in some of the best written romances they challenge popular norms - do we see this anywhere in EK's NRs ???

Is it ? This is a new POV I am seeing but very insightful - 👏👏 - Will read again, when I get time. 😭
adiana12 thumbnail
Yep, Austen makes fun of all the codes of victorian behaviour and very subtly at that - while EK is doing more for Patriarchy than all the right wingers put together !!! wither to Social liberalization ;( !!!
sun29 thumbnail

And you should have all seen Mr.& MRs 55 by immortal Guru Dutt who made light hearted and wonderful humour and fun of Women's Lib as it existed in 50's in India.

I am also wondering why there is no serial on male bonding type of stories with occassional or side story romance ? Like a DIl Chata hai or Macchis or even a Kai Po che.

Only romance is also boring yaar - Woh bhi nahi mila is yet another issue.

that was an adorable movie...i absolutely loved Guru Dutt and Madhubala together in it...they should have worked together more...
sun29 thumbnail

Yep, Austen makes fun of all the codes of victorian behaviour and very subtly at that - while EK is doing more for Patriarchy than all the right wingers put together !!! wither to Social liberalization ;( !!!

EK and her team does snot have the patience or the creativity or the courage to go against the tide...if you see all her shows even with different backgrounds or era ..it still is the same...the arrogant ,rude grey male and the goody two shoes self righteous female and loads of misunderstandings ...all her shows ...every one of them ..this is the basic plot
adiana12 thumbnail
Sunny its worse than that - its more of only if a woman behaves in acertain way and is all noble and self sacrificing and oriented to marriage husband family kids is she the ideal woman who will have all at her feet - warna she is a vamp and against 'Indian' values and is to be abhorred - what absolute nonsense - and watch all her shows - they all send out the same msg - even YHM where she has made the heroine a doctor all for dikhawa !!! Its just for this reason that I used to avoid TV - RT has made me sit thru the most regressive producer ever - I really am praying for myself that he moves on for better stuff that I would love to watch !!!

Originally posted by: sun29

EK and her team does snot have the patience or the creativity or the courage to go against the tide...if you see all her shows even with different backgrounds or era ..it still is the same...the arrogant ,rude grey male and the goody two shoes self righteous female and loads of misunderstandings ...all her shows ...every one of them ..this is the basic plot

sun29 thumbnail

Sunny its worse than that - its more of only if a woman behaves in acertain way and is all noble and self sacrificing and oriented to marriage husband family kids is she the ideal woman who will have all at her feet - warna she is a vamp and against 'Indian' values and is to be abhorred - what absolute nonsense - and watch all her shows - they all send out the same msg - even YHM where she has made the heroine a doctor all for dikhawa !!! Its just for this reason that I used to avoid TV - RT has made me sit thru the most regressive producer ever - I really am praying for myself that he moves on for better stuff that I would love to watch !!!

i completely agree with you and this is exactly her norm..any girl who actually is independent or can hold on her own is against the values and tradition , ultimately the vamp...she makes her heroines professional and all for the first few episodes only to get them in that sanskaari mode whose only agenda in the life is to poke her nose into the affairs of one and all for the good 😆

the reason why i have never liked any of her heroines but always sympathize with the so called other woman...

i used to like her love stories atleast for the first few months and then would move on before she starts her butchering and thankfully to her i stick to sitcoms and CID 😆