Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

jayaks02 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago

Originally posted by: ---Khushi---

On humanitarian grounds, even if one has not hit the injured, getting him medical help is warranted. .so if one has actually injured someone, it is definitely the moral duty of the "guilty innocent" (oxymoron intended 😆 ) to get him medical help...

N this was what Jalal's judgement was about...which was exaggerated beyond common sense by EK'S brainless nincompoops. ...😃
[/QUOTE

Justice and its systems with its numerous sub-clauses is really complicated - Judgement or law or Justice system does not take into account emotions. Intent is very important - And Law is always about reforming a person - Convict or not and not about making the person lose faith in humanity. Leaving the injured without any care is not an offense, I think. But lying in the court or under Oath( In this case Salim is a Prince and is uploder of justice system- It is like a Judge lying for a case against him - Age is the only difference) is a seious offence. Bill CLinton was impeached as he lied during investigation and under oath and not for the other work he did. 😉

sashashyam thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Even if the hit child died, it would be treated as manslaughter, not murder.

If the kid who shot was under 16, he or she would be treated as a juvenile offender, under our Juvenile Justice Act, and sentenced to a maximum of 3 years in a remand home. His running away , effectively a hit and run case, and his lying cannot enhance this sentence, which is the maximum that can be imposed on a juvenile for any crime.

Here of course, the head of State is talking of a life sentence baamushakkat for Salim.

The courts cannot distinguish between the Head of State's son and the commoner. If nothing else, the TV publicity would make it impossible.

In the US, if a householder mistakes an intruder for a thief and shoots him, and the intruder dies, the householder will be acquitted under the self-defence clause. It happened 8 years ago when a man mistook a Japanese teenager approaching his house during Hallowe'en for a malefactor and shot him dead.He was acquitted.

Shyamala

Originally posted by: adiana12

I have a hypothetical situation -

The President or the PM or the Head of State of a country ka child is, lets say, doing target practice with a firearm in his garden - and in the process by mistake, hits a kid who has seen some fruits / flowers in the garden and has come to pluck it - and this child of the Head seeing the hurt kid runs away in fear and does not get any help either - and when the case comes up for hearing he lies that he knows nothing about it - but unfortunately there is a camera recording of the whole event
Now how are the courts supposed to respond in this situation ???????
Shd we let the child of the Head go saying the kid was an intruder and this all happened by mistake???

Would the same view be taken if the child was not of the Head's but an ordinary citizen - and what if the kid who was hit was the child of another Head of State or of a very important person ?????

I really wonder what justice is all about ????????

Khushi_love thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Shyamala Aunty...also, Salim did not know that the "Chorni Nadira" 😆 had seen Qadir hurt n was taking care of him...The arrow had hit him in the chest...so technically, Qadir could have died had he been alone without medical aid after Salim accidentally injuring him...

sashashyam thumbnail
Beauty, and allure, my dear Khushi, are all in the eye of the beholder. No, I do not agree with any such thing. I think it looks silly. These days, I see Jalal quite differently from you, I am afraid.

Shyamala Aunty

So Aunty...u also agree that the mole is really se*y...don't you????😆...I for one could never have thought that even a mole could be this se*y 😆

munni_rajatfan thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
If a 9yr old can think so much about others lives then he should have also thought about an injured boy. Ok I agree about the zindagi bhar dialogue but the punishment was not wrong. In those days 9yr was also a kiddo age many people even went to wars at this age. So being 9yr old cant be an excuse. 2ndly an appeal had been made nd its proved so whts he supposed to do? He can ignore the hitting part but certainly not leaving sumone dying. If im important for my family the other person as well. If we r not ready to leave jalal for the zindagi bhar dialogue lets not also give tht excuse of 9yr old at least from a 16th century point of view nd certainly not for a would be king. This punishment was required otherwise salim will never be strong nd always be hearing loris. Just bcoz qadir was stealing mangos, he cant be left dying or just bcoz salim is 9yr old he cant avoid the fact tht just like he is important for his mother tht guy is also important for his family.
adiana12 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
There is another aspect at play here - Akbar crowned Salim as the Heir at the age of 9 - and wants him to learn and understand the responsibility of power - as they say 'with great power comes great responsibility' - and lets not forget that the Timurid lineage saw Babur become Emperor at the age of 11 and Akbar at the age of 13 - perhaps the Emperor is aware of his own mortality (it is said that Akbar was such a person in real as well) and hence is preparing Salim for a scenario such as his own - the stakes now are much higher than what they were when Akbar came to the throne - its an entirely different issue that Akbar did live to rule for almost 50 years - but what if he had not ????
sashashyam thumbnail
Yes, but that is not what I meant. I said that a 9 year old does not visualise "leaving him to die".

If it was not a cruel thought about a kid, I would like to see what our morally elevated couple would do if Qadir DID die. The Shahenshah could hardly back out of his pronouncement in the open court, supplemented by all those repeated and fervent promises to the old lady (her upper body is now horizontal most of the time, though she was not so earlier) about her getting insaaf , of the Mughaliya kind, of course.

Anyway, it is far too late and I am TIRED of discussing this stupid show. I do not know what possessed me to start posting here at all this evening. Good night, my dear.

Shyamala Aunty

Shyamala Aunty...also, Salim did not know that the "Chorni Nadira" 😆 had seen Qadir hurt n was taking care of him...The arrow had hit him in the chest...so technically, Qadir could have died had he been alone without medical aid after Salim accidentally injuring him...

Khushi_love thumbnail

Originally posted by: sashashyam

Beauty, and allure, my dear Khushi, are all in the eye of the beholder. No, I do not agree with any such thing. I think it looks silly. These days, I see Jalal quite differently from you, I am afraid.

Shyamala Aunty

I just kidding, Aunty...I understand what you r saying...The script & the leads have been butchered beyond repair now...n I think, even the makers don't care anymore. ...coz now their protagonists are SA...

JA is still surviving on past glory n rare off beat Maamu Jaan/Daaku Huzoor kind of scenes...rest is all like a bland khchdi cooked with opium...🤢...literally...

The show has become too negative ...The vamp too evil...n the leads too dumb...period.

I m now hoping for the leap to happen soon so that RT can quit from this mess...n so can we 😃
Khushi_love thumbnail
Good night Aunty 😆...please do post often...its rare that we disagree on something...n it's great fun...for me at least. ...😆
sashashyam thumbnail
If he had not,.

1) Anarkali would presumably have become the Malika-e-Hindustan. Not that it would have mattered much. Noorjehan did far more damage than a haseen nachnewaali laundi could have done.

2)The Mughal empire would have started disintegrating 60 years earlier than it did, and

3) there would not have been enough money to build the Taj Mahal.

Shyamala

Originally posted by: adiana12

There is another aspect at play here - Akbar crowned Salim as the Heir at the age of 9 - and wants him to learn and understand the responsibility of power - as they say 'with great power comes great responsibility' - and lets not forget that the Timurid lineage saw Babur become Emperor at the age of 11 and Akbar at the age of 13 - perhaps the Emperor is aware of his own mortality (it is said that Akbar was such a person in real as well) and hence is preparing Salim for a scenario such as his own - the stakes now are much higher than what they were when Akbar came to the throne - its an entirely different issue that Akbar did live to rule for almost 50 years - but what if he had not ????

Edited by sashashyam - 9 years ago