Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

-Lostindreams thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 10 years ago
The simple answer is cousin marriage is allowed in Islam.
I do not know abt other countries but its pretty normal getting married wth ur cousin, not only bcoz of families, but lots of times cousin might ACTUALLY like each other.

Im glad tht in Islam we are allowed, coz for me it nvr made sense in other religion how ur cousin is ur brother, whn he didn't come out from the same stomach.
I call lots of men Bhai, but it does't mean they are actually my brother.
WabalMunni thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago

Originally posted by: -Lostindreams

I do not know abt other countries but its pretty normal getting married wth ur cousin, not only bcoz of families, but lots of times cousin might ACTUALLY like each other.

Im glad tht in Islam we are allowed, coz for me it nvr made sense in other religion how ur cousin is ur brother, whn he didn't come out from the same stomach.

It is not necessary that someone who has not come out of the same stomach is not your brother. Children of two different mothers but same father will still be brother and sister and mehram for each other.
Raindrops. thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: PyarayAfzal

It is not necessary that someone who has not come out of the same stomach is not your brother. Children of two different mothers but same father will still be brother and sister and mehram for each other.

Yeah but they have half the same parent. Cousins have both parents different so they are not brother, sister
WabalMunni thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: ..-Raindrops-..

Yeah but they have half the same parent. Cousins have both parents different so they are not brother, sister

I know.
Mugda thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: -Lostindreams

If you drag religion here then what about Ali and Fatima's marriage? They were uncle and niece but still they got married.

The issue is not religion here. Pak dramas are overdoing this cousin marriage thing.
Raindrops. thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Mugda

If you drag religion here then what about Ali and Fatima's marriage? They were uncle and niece but still they got married.

The issue is not religion here. Pak dramas are overdoing this cousin marriage thing.

Uncle? Ali was cousin of Holy Prophet and Fatima was his daughter. Ali wasn't his brother and marrying Fathers brother is haram
mary78613 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: Mugda

So every other Pakistani couple is brother and sister? This can't be reality. I am not against cousin marriages. They can show it but showing it most often is not looking good because though its allowed it still looks odd to some extent because cousins are also brother and sister.

In our religion, cousins are not considered brothers and sisters. Marriage is allowed between them and it is very common amongst Muslims. But I do agree that shows are overdoing it.

Hazrat Ali was Prophet (P.B.U.H)'s cousin, not brother. Once can get married to father's cousin but not brother. That is Haraam.
Edited by mary78613 - 9 years ago
I don't think that many dramas are showing cousin marriages considering how common it is in our culture though. Every other family I know has cousin marriages including my own.
Rabz_14 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Although I agree it has been in our culture since a long time but tbh these days I rarely see cousin marriages happening in our society esp in the upper class... the new generation doesnt like it idk why
Edited by Rabz_14 - 9 years ago
Rabz, according to hadith it is better to marry outside of family as cousin marriageas make generations weaker. The people who are more educated marry outside of family but that still doesn't change the fact that cousin marriages are still very common.