Akbar's children and grandchildren

myviewprem thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 10 years ago
Recently was reading on Akbar's family tree. Here are some details
Akbar 7 daughters and 5 sons in total(3 sons and 3 daughters lived till adulthood)
Shahzada Hasan Mirza. b. 19th October 1564 (twin with his brother Husain) (s/o Bibi Aram Bakhsh). He d. 5th November 1564.

Shahzada Husain Mirza. b. 19th October 1564 (twin with his brother Husain) (s/o Bibi Aram Bakhsh). He d. 29th October 1564.

Shezadi Fatima Banu (d/o Shezadi Ruqaiah Sultan)
Malik ul-Mulk, Shahzada Sultan Salim Bahadur, who succeeded as H.M. Abu'l-Fath Nur ud-din Muhammad Jahangir Padshah, Emperor of India (s/o Mariam uz-Zamani)
18 wives in total
Shahzada Sultan Murad Mirza. b. in the house of the saint Shaikh Salim Chishti, at Fathabad (Fatehpur Sikri), Akbarabad (Agra), 7th June 1570 (s/o Salima Sultana)
There is confusion whether its Shezadi Salima Sultan or Bibi Salima(a cocubbine of Akbar).
4 wives of Shezada Murad Mirza
1) a daughter of Raja Bahadur, and granddaughter of Raja 'Ali Khan Faruqi, Raja of Khandesh.
2) at Lahore, 15th May 1587, Habiba Banu Begum Sahiba, daughter of Khan-i-Azam, Mirza Aziz Koka, sometime Subadar of Gujarat, Bengal and Malwa.
Third and 4th Rajput princess
Buried at Humayun Tomb, Delhi
Died 5th Dec 1597 at Lahore
3 Children
1) Shahzada Rustam Mirza . b. at Lahore, 27th August 1588 (s/o Habiba Banu Begum). He d. at Lahore, 9th December 1597.

2) Shahzada Alam Mirza. b. at Lahore, 4th November 1590 (s/o Habiba Banu Begum).

3) Shahzadi Iffat Jahan Banu Begum Sahiba.

It mentions foster father for Alam and Jahan Banu as Shezada Sultan Salim.
Shahzada Sultan Danial Mirza. b. at the house of Shaikh Danial, Ajmer, 11th September 1572 (s/o unmentioned cocubbine but brought up by Rani Mynavati ).
9 Wives
1) at Lahore, 9th June 1586, a daughter of Sultan Khwaja 'Abdu'l-Azim Naqshabandi.
2) 1594, a daughter (d. at Gwalior, 1599) of Qulij Khan Andajani, sometime Subadar of Kabul, Punjab, Gujarat and Afghanistan.
3) at Lahore, 2nd October 1595, a granddaughter of Rao Mal Deoji Sahib, Rao of Marwar, and daughter of Kanwar Rai Mal Sahib.
4) 1599, Janan Begum Sahiba [Jani Begum] (d. after March 1621), daughter of Wakil us-Sultanat, Khan-i-Khanan, Amir ud-Daula, Nawab Mirza 'Abdu'r Rahim Khan, sometime Subadar of Gujarat.
5) a daughter of Raja Dalpat, of Ujjain.
6) (sixth) at Mungi Paitan, on the banks of the Godavari river, 1604, Sultan Begum Sahiba, second daughter of H.M. Ghulam-i-'Ali Murtaza Sultan Ibrahim II 'Adil Shah Abla Bali, King of Bijapur.
Three other Rajput princesses
Children
5 sons and 5 daughters(3 daughter and 3 sons lived to adult hood)
1) A s/o Qulij Khan Andajani's daughter. b. at Allahabad , July 1597. He died young. Copyright Christopher Buyers
2) A s/o Janan Begum. b. at Agra January/February 1602. He died young.
3) Shahzada Taimurasp Mirza. b. 1603 (full-brother of Baisunghar and Burhani). married in 1625 Shahzadi Bahar Banu Begum Sahiba (b. at Lahore, 1589; d. 8th September 1653, bur. Rauza Mariam, Sikandara), fourth daughter of his uncle, H.M. Abu'l-Fath Nur ud-din Muhammad Jahangir Padshah, Emperor of India, by his wife, Karamsi Begum Sahiba, daughter of Raja Kishu Das Rathore. He was killed in captivity at Lahore, by order of Emperor Shah Jahan, 2nd February 1628.
Foster father H.M. Jehangir also his father-in-law
4) Shahzada Baisunghar Mirza. b. 1604. He was killed at Kaulas, 2nd February 1628.
Foster father H.M. Jehangir
5) Shahzada Hushang Mirza. b. 1604. m. 1626, Shahzadi Hoshmand Banu Begum Sahiba (b. ca. 1605), daughter of his cousin, Shahzada Sultan Khushru Mirza(s/o H.M. Jehangir). He was killed in captivity, by order of Emperor Shah Jahan, 2nd February 1628.
Foster father H.M. Jehangir and married to Jehangir's grand daughter
6) A d/o Sultan Khwaja 'Abdu'l-Azim Naqshabandi's daughter. b. at Lahore, May 1590. She died young.
7) Shahzadi Sa'adat Banu Begum Sahiba. b. at Lahore, 1592 (d/o Sultan Khwaja 'Abdu'l-Azim Naqshabandi's daughter)

8) Shahzadi Bulaqi Begum Sahiba. b. at Lahore, February 1595 (d/o Qulij Khan Andajani's daughter). married at Agra, June 1619, Mirza Wali (d. before 14th January 1649 of Anhal, appointed to an Imperial mansab of 1,500 zat and 750 sowar by Emperor Jahangir, promoted. to 2,000 zat and 1,000 sowar 1627, sometime Faujdar of Mandu, younger son of her uncle, Khwaja Hasan Naqshabandi, by his wife, Shahzadi Najib un-nisa Begum Sahiba [Fakhr un-nisa Begum], fifth daughter of H.M. Al-Sultan al-'Azam wal Khaqan al-Mukarram, Jam-i-Sultanat-i-haqiqi wa Majazi, Sayyid al-Salatin, Muhammad Nasir ud-din Humayun Padshah Ghazi, Zillu'llah, Emperor of India. She had issue, one son killed by Shah Jahan.

Foster father H.M. Jehangir and married Akbar's grand son
9) Shahzadi Mahi Banu Begum Sahiba (d/o Raja Dalpat's daughter)
Foster father H.M. Jehangir never married and stayed with Jehangir till death

10) Shahzadi Burhani Begum Sahiba (full-sister of Taimurasp and Baisunghar).

married Mirza Khan (killed on the orders of Emperor Shah Jahan, 1643), elder son of Jan Sipar Yakrang, Nawab Khwaja 'Abdu'llah Safdar Khan, Firuz Jang, sometime Subadar of Gujarat, probably by his wife, a daughter of Sulaiman Shah Mirza, of Badakshan.
Foster father H.M. Jehangir and married Bakshi Banu's first husband sister
Shahzadi Sultan Banu Begum Sahiba [Sultan Khanum]. b. 21st November 1569 (d/o Salima Sultana). m. at Lahore, 4th August 1593, Muzaffar Husain Mirza (d. 1604 (bur. Bara Batashewala Mahal, Delhi), son of Ibrahim Husain Mirza, by his wife, Shahzadi Gul Rukh Begum Sahiba, daughter of Shahzada Kamran Mirza. She d. after 1600 (bur. Mausoleum of Emperor Akbar, Bihishtabad Sikandara, near Agra)
Shahzadi Meeti Begum Sahiba. b. 1571 (d/o Bibi Mihr Sema). She d. aged eight months
Shahzadi Mahi Begum Sahiba. b. 1571 (d/o Bibi Nathi Bai). She d. at Fatehpur Sikri, 7th April 1577.
Shahzadi Shakir un-nisa Begum Sahiba. b. after 1572 (d/o Bibi Daulat Shad). married at Lahore, 4th August 1593, as his first wife, Shahrukh Mirza (d. at Ujjain, 1607), Governor of Badakshan 1574-1585, son of Ibrahim Mirza, by his second wife, Muhtarima Khanum, widow of Shahzada Kamran Mirza, and daughter of Shah Muhammad Sultan Jagatai, Sultan of Kashghar. She died on the journey from Akbarabad to Delhi, 1st January 1653 (bur. Mausoleum of Emperor Akbar, Bihishtabad Sikandara, near Agra), having had issue
Shahzadi Lala Begum Sahiba (d/o Bibi Naun). She died very young
Shahzadi Aram Banu Begum Sahiba [Ladli Begum]. b. 22nd December 1584 (d/o Bibi Daulat Shad). married Wakil us-Sultanat, Khan-i-Khanan, Nawab Mirza Abdu'r Rahim Khan (born at Lahore, 17th December 1556; died at Delhi, 1627, bur. near the Mausoleum of Emperor Humayun, Nizampur, Delhi), appointed to an Imperial mansab of 4,000 zat and 4,000 sowar 1576, prom. to 5,000 zat and 5,000 sowar, prom. to 7,000 zat and 7,000 sowar 1618, Subadar of Gujarat 1576-1580, Mir-i-Arz 1580-1581, Inspector of Petitions 1581-1583, Ataliq to Prince Sultan Salim 1583, C-in-C in the Deccan 1608-1615, son of Waqil us-Sultanat, Yar Wafadar, Baradur Neku-siyar, Farzand-i-Saadatmand, Nawab Bairam Khan Bahadur, Khan-i-Khanan [Khan Baba], sometime Vice regent of the Empire, by his wife, the younger daughter of Jamal Khan, of Mewat. She d. 1624 (bur. Mausoleum of Emperor Akbar, Bihishtabad Sikandara, near Agra), having had issue, a daughter.
Here there is confusion whether she really married Abu'r Rahim because he was step son of Akbar. Her brother Daniyal was married to Abu'r Rahim's daughter.
Edited by myviewprem - 10 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

history_geek thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5
Hi,

Many mother's names have been wrongly listed in this writeup. 😕
And, the source site, from where these have been taken, has ALSO put up these wrongly. Internet and available translated sources, are NOT reliable. Though, I Don't want to be too specific here, about the details, NOW. 😊

Originally posted by: myviewprem

Akbar 7 daughters and 5 sons in total(3 sons and 3 daughters lived till adulthood)
Shahzada Hasan Mirza. b. 19th October 1564 (twin with his brother Husain) (s/o Bibi Aram Bakhsh). He d. 5th November 1564.

Shahzada Husain Mirza. b. 19th October 1564 (twin with his brother Husain) (s/o Bibi Aram Bakhsh). He d. 29th October 1564.

Malik ul-Mulk, Shahzada Sultan Salim Bahadur, who succeeded as H.M. Abu'l-Fath Nur ud-din Muhammad Jahangir Padshah, Emperor of India (s/o Mariam uz-Zamani)
18 wives in total
Shahzada Sultan Murad Mirza. b. in the house of the saint Shaikh Salim Chishti, at Fathabad (Fatehpur Sikri), Akbarabad (Agra), 7th June 1570 (s/o Salima Sultana)
There is confusion whether its Shezadi Salima Sultan or Bibi Salima(a cocubbine of Akbar).
1) a daughter of Raja Bahadur, and granddaughter of Raja 'Ali Khan Faruqi, Raja of Khandesh.
2) at Lahore, 15th May 1587, Habiba Banu Begum Sahiba, daughter of Khan-i-Azam, Mirza Aziz Koka, sometime Subadar of Gujarat, Bengal and Malwa.
3 Children
1) Shahzada Rustam Mirza . b. at Lahore, 27th August 1588 (s/o Habiba Banu Begum). He d. at Lahore, 9th December 1597.

2) Shahzada Alam Mirza. b. at Lahore, 4th November 1590 (s/o Habiba Banu Begum).

Shahzada Sultan Danial Mirza. b. at the house of Shaikh Danial, Ajmer, 11th September 1572 (s/o unmentioned cocubbine but brought up by Rani Mynavati ).
9 Wives
1) at Lahore, 9th June 1586, a daughter of Sultan Khwaja 'Abdu'l-Azim Naqshabandi.
2) 1594, a daughter (d. at Gwalior, 1599) of Qulij Khan Andajani, sometime Subadar of Kabul, Punjab, Gujarat and Afghanistan.
3) at Lahore, 2nd October 1595, a granddaughter of Rao Mal Deoji Sahib, Rao of Marwar, and daughter of Kanwar Rai Mal Sahib.
4) 1599, Janan Begum Sahiba [Jani Begum] (d. after March 1621), daughter of Wakil us-Sultanat, Khan-i-Khanan, Amir ud-Daula, Nawab Mirza 'Abdu'r Rahim Khan, sometime Subadar of Gujarat.
6) (sixth) at Mungi Paitan, on the banks of the Godavari river, 1604, Sultan Begum Sahiba, second daughter of H.M. Ghulam-i-'Ali Murtaza Sultan Ibrahim II 'Adil Shah Abla Bali, King of Bijapur.
Children
1) A s/o Qulij Khan Andajani's daughter. b. at Allahabad , July 1597. He died young. Copyright Christopher Buyers
3) Shahzada Taimurasp Mirza. b. 1603 (full-brother of Baisunghar and Burhani). married in 1625 Shahzadi Bahar Banu Begum Sahiba (b. at Lahore, 1589; d. 8th September 1653, bur. Rauza Mariam, Sikandara), fourth daughter of his uncle, H.M. Abu'l-Fath Nur ud-din Muhammad Jahangir Padshah, Emperor of India, by his wife, Karamsi Begum Sahiba, daughter of Raja Kishu Das Rathore. He was killed in captivity at Lahore, by order of Emperor Shah Jahan, 2nd February 1628.
4) Shahzada Baisunghar Mirza. b. 1604. He was killed at Kaulas, 2nd February 1628.
5) Shahzada Hushang Mirza. b. 1604. m. 1626, Shahzadi Hoshmand Banu Begum Sahiba (b. ca. 1605), daughter of his cousin, Shahzada Sultan Khushru Mirza(s/o H.M. Jehangir). He was killed in captivity, by order of Emperor Shah Jahan, 2nd February 1628.
6) A d/o Sultan Khwaja 'Abdu'l-Azim Naqshabandi's daughter. b. at Lahore, May 1590. She died young.
7) Shahzadi Sa'adat Banu Begum Sahiba. b. at Lahore, 1592 (d/o Sultan Khwaja 'Abdu'l-Azim Naqshabandi's daughter)

8) Shahzadi Bulaqi Begum Sahiba. b. at Lahore, February 1595 (d/o Qulij Khan Andajani's daughter). married at Agra, June 1619, Mirza Wali (d. before 14th January 1649 of Anhal, appointed to an Imperial mansab of 1,500 zat and 750 sowar by Emperor Jahangir, promoted. to 2,000 zat and 1,000 sowar 1627, sometime Faujdar of Mandu, younger son of her uncle, Khwaja Hasan Naqshabandi, by his wife, Shahzadi Najib un-nisa Begum Sahiba [Fakhr un-nisa Begum], fifth daughter of H.M. Al-Sultan al-'Azam wal Khaqan al-Mukarram, Jam-i-Sultanat-i-haqiqi wa Majazi, Sayyid al-Salatin, Muhammad Nasir ud-din Humayun Padshah Ghazi, Zillu'llah, Emperor of India. She had issue, one son killed by Shah Jahan.

married Mirza Khan (killed on the orders of Emperor Shah Jahan, 1643), elder son of Jan Sipar Yakrang, Nawab Khwaja 'Abdu'llah Safdar Khan, Firuz Jang, sometime Subadar of Gujarat, probably by his wife, a daughter of Sulaiman Shah Mirza, of Badakshan.
Shahzadi Sultan Banu Begum Sahiba [Sultan Khanum]. b. 21st November 1569 (d/o Salima Sultana). m. at Lahore, 4th August 1593, Muzaffar Husain Mirza (d. 1604 (bur. Bara Batashewala Mahal, Delhi), son of Ibrahim Husain Mirza, by his wife, Shahzadi Gul Rukh Begum Sahiba, daughter of Shahzada Kamran Mirza. She d. after 1600 (bur. Mausoleum of Emperor Akbar, Bihishtabad Sikandara, near Agra)
Shahzadi Meeti Begum Sahiba. b. 1571 (d/o Bibi Mihr Sema). She d. aged eight months
Shahzadi Mahi Begum Sahiba. b. 1571 (d/o Bibi Nathi Bai). She d. at Fatehpur Sikri, 7th April 1577.
Shahzadi Shakir un-nisa Begum Sahiba. b. after 1572 (d/o Bibi Daulat Shad). married at Lahore, 4th August 1593, as his first wife, Shahrukh Mirza (d. at Ujjain, 1607), Governor of Badakshan 1574-1585, son of Ibrahim Mirza, by his second wife, Muhtarima Khanum, widow of Shahzada Kamran Mirza, and daughter of Shah Muhammad Sultan Jagatai, Sultan of Kashghar. She died on the journey from Akbarabad to Delhi, 1st January 1653 (bur. Mausoleum of Emperor Akbar, Bihishtabad Sikandara, near Agra), having had issue
Shahzadi Aram Banu Begum Sahiba [Ladli Begum]. b. 22nd December 1584 (d/o Bibi Daulat Shad). married Wakil us-Sultanat, Khan-i-Khanan, Nawab Mirza Abdu'r Rahim Khan (born at Lahore, 17th December 1556; died at Delhi, 1627, bur. near the Mausoleum of Emperor Humayun, Nizampur, Delhi), appointed to an Imperial mansab of 4,000 zat and 4,000 sowar 1576, prom. to 5,000 zat and 5,000 sowar, prom. to 7,000 zat and 7,000 sowar 1618, Subadar of Gujarat 1576-1580, Mir-i-Arz 1580-1581, Inspector of Petitions 1581-1583, Ataliq to Prince Sultan Salim 1583, C-in-C in the Deccan 1608-1615, son of Waqil us-Sultanat, Yar Wafadar, Baradur Neku-siyar, Farzand-i-Saadatmand, Nawab Bairam Khan Bahadur, Khan-i-Khanan [Khan Baba], sometime Vice regent of the Empire, by his wife, the younger daughter of Jamal Khan, of Mewat. She d. 1624 (bur. Mausoleum of Emperor Akbar, Bihishtabad Sikandara, near Agra), having had issue, a daughter.
Here there is confusion whether she really married Abu'r Rahim because he was step son of Akbar. Her brother Daniyal was married to Abu'r Rahim's daughter.

aanchal_c thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: history_geek

Hi,

Many mother's names have been wrongly listed in this writeup. 😕
And, the source site, from where these have been taken, has ALSO put up these wrongly. Internet and available translated sources, are NOT reliable. Though, I Don't want to be too specific here, about the details, NOW. 😊

Thank you,i am seriously tired of wrong info being posted here even after clearly stating that the sources are not reliable at all.
stargirl327 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
All this information is not verified by reliable sources and it has be copied and pasted from a website that is very unreliable.😕
The website address is : http://www.royalark.net/India4/delhi4.htm
viewobs thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
I thought Ruqaiya Begum did not have children of her own, but she was the one who raised Shahjehan.
(I read it in wikipedia I think)
ayushimehra thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: myviewprem

18 wives in total
3 Children

9 Wives
Children

thanks for this
MyExiledSoul thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Shakrunnisa was married to Shahrukh Mirza (Son of Mirza Ibrahim and Muhatarim Khanum)
Muhatarim Khanum was widow of Kamran (BB's uncle)

Bakshi Banu was married to Mirza Ibrahim (Son of Mirza Sulaiman and Harem Begum)

Is Mirza Ibrahim in both cases the same person ? If yes, this means aunt and niece were married to a same man ? 😕

Was this a case similar to Khanzada Begum and her aunt ?
Edited by Shweta16 - 10 years ago
myviewprem thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
i am not sure of the wives, husbands etc details
i just uploaded details of children grand children list the other details may or may not be authenticated.
readers can ignore other details and just read underlined list of children and grand children.
ShadeOfWhite thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
@Abhay thank u so much! I dont understand inspite of telling million times still people believe on those unreliable online sites! its really very sad.
katana thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Confusing. One daughter of Akbar married Tansen. Who is she? 😕