Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

starstruckk thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago

Originally posted by: HeavenlyBliss.

I feel lately Hassam's been a better director, Sarmad tends to mess up sometimes like Ashk, SEZ, Mera Yakeen etc

Mata e jaan :)

yeah I know what you mean..I've heard good things about Aik Nayee Cindrella too..which seemed like a tough project..now, Aunn Zara.

mata e jaan ftw!
Yeah ANC story didnt click with many people, but I must say it was directed really well
starstruckk thumbnail
@deepwater:

yeah, I narrowed down best male actors to Fawad and Faisal..but I'd go with Fawad because he was great in his own right and also because he has been getting snubbed way too many times and it's about time he gets one of these biggies. With that said, Faisal's character is Jahez was pretty challenging too and he did very well with it.

starstruckk thumbnail
did anyone watch any of the terrestrial shows?

I watched only Tilafi from the list and it was downright horrible. Mahnoor was also horrible. Mikaal was the best part and he wasn't nominated.

Also, kind of surprised how Mikaal wasn't nominated for Shehr e Zaat in best actor..I thought he was brilliant. I would've also said DeS but his role wasn't as big as it was in SeZ, though it was substantial...given, there's only one nomination for DeS, that's just wishful thinking anyway.

Edited by starstruckk - 11 years ago
starstruckk thumbnail

Originally posted by: deepwater.

Faysal's a great actor. But his time has sort of faded away. When he was extremely deserving of the awards, he was snubbed with Humayun and Noman winning repetitively. I mean no one can get more versatile than Faysal, only Fahad comes close. But off late I don't see the same effort or charisma in Faysal. I don't know what it exactly is but something's a miss in him. Maybe the choice of dramas? And the fact that he's working with such young co-actresses? He's done more challenging roles in the past, and that too effortlessly. A character similar to Jahez we've seen him play previously, so at this point I"d like Fawad to win.
But then again, it's a tough and close call. Many people voted for him as well. Last year was even more tougher. I wanted both Fahad and Faysal to win, but they only gave it to Faysal. Poor Fahad was left with nothing.

damn, I feel like I'm reading my own words. 😆

I share the same sentiments.
No one can get as versatile as Faisal and if I too were to name someone who comes close to him then it's probably Fahad. I feel Faisal's choice in shows have been baffling and disappointing as of late. He's such a great actor and I feel he's trying his level best to stay versatile..but at the same time, he's choosing some not so interesting scripts. For instance, the whole Kisi Din Mera Viyah Hoga is just getting crazy annoying yet before you know it, there's another season releasing. 😆 Also, surprised with the whole Adhoori Aurat/Mann Ki Moti shows he has chosen as of late. In Viraasat, he's amazing but that too isn't something we haven't seen. Also, he's working with the same production house over and over again - AnB and they have the tendency to use their recycled scripts from time to time..with the same cast every now and then so that's not helping either. With that said, I personally did like him as Sheikhoo in Jahez and found the role challenging though nothing Faisal has not done before (if we were to judge Faisal's performance strictly with Faisal the actor in mind)...and since Fawad's been the best thing to have happened to Pakistan television as of late I feel he's deserving of a LSA this time. Not to mention, Faisal has won countless awards over the past 2 or 3 years with 2 consecutive LSAs..so this shouldn't affect him in anyway. And, yes I totally agree..when Faisal fully deserved an LSA without a second doubt, Noman/Humayun would walk away with it and it was completely unfair to say the least. Regardless, at the end of the day even if Faisal does win because as you said people have voted for him as well..I won't feel upset as I love Faisal too.

And, lets not even get started on Fahad losing out last year. I was 200% sure, Fahad would win..he was absolutely brilliant in MAQH..yet he lost out. I love Faisal with all my heart, but Fahad deserved it way more. I feel Faisal is more popular than Fahad so that's probably it. Faisal was great in Roag, but Fahad's performance as Abdul Qadir was just something else.

This is why I feel we need a critics choice award added onto every television category. It's not fair where we're left with the audiences deciding everything. Deserving people will never win this way as the more popular nominees/performances will walk away with the awards. That's probably going to happen in the best actress category this time, with Mahira walking away best actress.
starstruckk thumbnail

LSA's more about style, glamour and fashion. Even music matters more than television here. DES was snubbed at Hum Awards where it rightly deserved nominations. But that's Hum Televisions fault. That channel is full of dirty politics, so maybe they had issues with the production team of DES?
I mean I don't understand how Sanjha becomes more deserving than DES or SEZ lol

Hum's excuse for leaving out DeS was how it was their first time working with another production house (as it was a joint venture between Six Sigma and Momina Duraid)..and Momina Duraid mentioned how the the other production house wasn't cordial with their promotions and whatnot so they couldn't nominate it...hmm, whatever that's supposed to mean. 😆

I agree, music/fashion etc does matter more here considering the whole theme these awards are surrounded by. However, at the same time, these are the biggest awards we have in terms of entertainment every year. And, if they're going to have television nominations then I'd like for them to get them right at least. 😆...and possibly include critics choice too. If not, then someone needs to come up with a more credible television awards show like PTV has every year, so this way we don't just rely on public voting to decide the best of the best on television.
starstruckk thumbnail

I would never criticize the audiences taste because something has to click with them to vote on popularity. As unfair as it may seem that deserving people are left out, the only people you can blame is the organizers. There always needs to be a jury based award and a popularity based award for television, otherwise well the results will always be baffling lol

Award functions are always unexpected. I know they effect people, but it's best to try and not expect much from them,

but clicking with the audience is not equivalent to being the best in your respective category. It's like the example with Fahad vs Faisal from last year's LSA. Though I love Faisal, he was not as deserving as Fahad and I feel someone deserving missed out big. And, from whatever I remember, Fahad didn't win a single award anywhere for MAQH which kind of blows. I don't see Fahad delivering another Abdul Qadir anytime soon and not receiving some recognition is not fair in my opinion. I agree it's the organizers fault more than anything else, however it is baffling that the organizers feel the audiences are the best to judge in the biggest entertainment event of the country.

And, if I'm not mistaken, the LSAs just recently became popular choice..so before this the results were based upon a jury..and the jury was flawed in many ways too..given the results we got. 😆..Now, we're left with the audiences to decide..which blows too. I feel the best way to go is come up with a separate awards show just for television which is as grand as the LSAs.
starstruckk thumbnail

Considering PTV always has it's own set of awards, why are terrestrial serials even nominated here? Isn't Lux more of a satellite thing? They could just keep jury/popular instead. I don't think people really bother about the terrestrial awards from what I've noticed.

Then again, nothing in Lux is Jury any more unlike a few years back, so having television awards based on Jury wouldn't really make sense.

I feel LSAs are trying to be THE grand awards regardless of fashion/tv/music..so they're trying to keep all satellite and PTV in mind. That's what I mean when I say they should come up with jury awards if this is indeed the Oscars of Pakistan...because from the looks of it, I feel Pakistan is too cheap to invest in an awards show solely for all of television where perhaps we can start acknowledging technicians, cameramen, the supporting cast etc too..so basically we're just left with these glamorous awards which are either way over the top or too hard to believe. And, if perhaps we were to have a jury..given their past record..that may not be helpful either
starstruckk thumbnail

It certainly isn't, but there has to be some authenticity given to the audiences. You and I may always differ from the general audiences view, but I think gaining popularity is a very tricky thing, being able to click with the audience. So in a way the audience is a tough critic as well. I may personally have wanted both Fahad and Faysal to win, but perhaps the audience saw something more in Faysal's performance than Fahad's? Of-course everyone has there personal favourites, voting for that reason. But were going to have to accept that these award shows aren't going to be pleasing us any time soon. Even if a separate award show was made just for television, I can bet it'll always be unfair and biased to an extent. That's just the way it is around the world, especially in India and Pakistan.

your points are completely valid.

Of course there is some authenticity given to the audiences, that's exactly why they're left to judge. And I completely agree - everyone can't always be happy with such awards and that's fine..but there has to be some way to acknowledge those who lose out because of popular choice? At the end of the day, public voting has more to do with favorites than anything else. It's like if tomorrow, Katrina Kaif started winning the best actress award in Bollywood's main awards show b/c the decision was based on public choice. While, I'm not against public voting..as it's a way for people to voice their choice regardless..but at the same time, there should be some means of acknowledging those deserving folks who'll lose out because the public didn't choose them for whatever reason. And as mentioned, those reasons may have not even pertain to their acting abilities or performance in question. Also, the reason why I brought up how LSA should just perhaps have a jury section too for television is because these awards seem to be our main awards of the year.

Like you said, LSA is more focused on glamour and fashion, given that...I feel Pakistan should just try investing in a prestigious awards show solely for television. Public voting is more than welcomed..but then which awards show is NOT based on public voting or has a set of awards that are not jut based upon public voting? ..None except PTV awards..which is why one's left to expect much from these LSAs. ..and I find that unfair as Pakistani television is our main asset in terms of entertainment..and so many people don't get the recognition that they should (and this goes beyond just the actors etc)

starstruckk thumbnail
and yeah you're right even with jury awards, in our part of the world those will always be unfair somewhere down the line..but I feel we don't even acknowledge anyone besides the lead actors/actresses and directors in terms of drama. Add best writer to that..and that's basically it. While those awards may never be pleasing either..at least, we could see the other side of the picture as well..and not just what the public thinks.
Edited by starstruckk - 11 years ago