* PSF OS Contest : Results *

saher_90 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 11 years ago
Hello & Welcome to PSF OS Contest Results🤗

Well, I firstly want to thank to all the participants for participating in the Contest & for sending out us their beautiful entries! Thank you so much guys for your hardwork🤗 We really appreciate your effort & thanks to the members aswell for taking out their time & for casting their votes🤗

Well, we shall first announce our Runner-up entrie which got 7 votes👏

& Our Runner-Up Os Entry is

In Your Embrace
--------------------

A briefcase in one hand and a coat lazily hung around his arm, he walked down the dimly lit hallway with heavy steps. He managed to get through another day and now, his body couldn't wait any longer to crash the bed. Saying that he was tired may just be an understatement' he was exhausted for more reasons than one. But, he would rather work till he drops to bed feeling numb than come home and face her, the bane to his current life!

Very quietly, he entered inside and switched on the lamp to see the way around in the pitch darkness of their bedroom. As the source of light flickered, his eyes first met her hazy figure leaning back on the backrest, dazed in thoughts. He let out a small curse at himself to find her awake. ' Wasn't it this woman's bed time already?' he wondered. The past months, he had made it successfully without any "clashes" in their timings. Damn it!

As if he had never encountered her, he dropped his belongings on the couch while loosening the grip of his tie. Ofcourse, it helped that she didn't utter a word. Now, only if she keeps this up till he goes to bed. On second thoughts, the study seemed to be the better option to sleep tonight.

"Ashar, you don't love me anymore, do you?" she asked with some lingering hope that only she was aware of. Her voice completely startled him and his hands had stopped midway while buttoning up his kurta. It dawned on him that much time had passed since he heard her talk. He maintained back his composure and continued to feign ignorance.

"Exactly how many more apologies would it take for you to forgive me?" she demanded an answer just as straightforward as her question. But, in her hearts of heart, she knew that all she wanted was for him to talk to her again; scold her or yell loudly if that's all he could do for her. "Say something'please!" she pleaded in desperation. Her head had been tilted downwards all along as she stared in empty space. She drew her knees closer to herself and bowed her head in, enclosing her arms around.

"Go to sleep," he said coldly and walked towards the door.

"You think you're the only one who is hurt?" her voice had once again held him back.

"Shut up, Khirad!" he felt his jaw tighten as he spoke the words with warning.
"Do you know how I survive each day?" she asked with quivering lips. Hot tears formed around the corner of her eyes and slipped down in rows, "'I die a little each day to the point that now it feels as if there is nothing left to me."

Anger rushed through him and with fists clenched, he turned to face her, "you should have thought about these things before." Without making noise, each one of his words conveyed his extreme loathe towards her. He stepped closer barely standing a foot away, "'only if you had not been so selfish'if only you cared about us!"

She shivered at his blatant aloofness. Holding the corner of her dupatta tightly, she gathered up all the bits of courage she could, "I don't want to lose hope. You know we can try again and'"

He cut her in between, "spare the lecture! Do you still not realize what your mistakes have done to our relationship?" he exhaled loudly, "we should just end this once and for all!"

Her eyes looked up to him in shock. It was the first time he talked about a possible separation. Was it really the end? Had his feelings for her disappeared altogether? What happened to the countless professions he had made of his love, trust, and support to her?

They had been married for three years and in that time she had a miscarriage not once but twice! The first one was a careless mistake, but they both had consoled each other and shared the pain of the loss together. She rejoined her Event Planning company and busied herself in work to ease off the misery. Soon, she was expecting again but assured him of her ability to handle things better. However, to their dismay, her over involvement at work had cost her the child. Doctors warned them of further complication in conceiving itself, if they ever plan for a pregnancy. He mainly blamed her selfishness and overtly ambitious nature. She grew tired of apologizing and wished he'd atleast once lend her some emotional support. They drifted apart within a short period' where she quit her job permanently, his work-related schedules and outdoor trips increased drastically.

"You really don't love me anymore'" Khirad's voice cracked as she grasped that this was no more a question. She stood up to walk out but lost her balance from dizziness. Ashar quickly held her back and noticed her eyes rolled back as if she'd pass out any second.

"Khirad!" he panicked and tapped her cheeks, calling out her name several times.

"I've only taken sleeping pills'I won't die" she murmured.

He placed her carefully on the bed and looked through the drawer to find it crowded with medicine bottles; sleeping pills, anti-depressants, migraine relief, you name it!

With eyes widened, he shook her, "how many have you taken? Khirad? Can you hear me?"

She sat up in her stupor to reply before lying down again, "I have only taken as many as prescribed. I need them to sleep!"

Sleep had left him for the night, while leaving clouds of confusion to surround him. Too many questions to ponder over! He traced his hand lightly on her pale face. Was it him that drove her to this state? What has he done! The riddles seemed endless and he honestly felt afraid to discover the answers. He protectively locked his arms around her in an embrace, drawing her closer to him and patiently waited for the arrival of morning.

Its been Written By

khoslakadhokla

Congratulations👏

here's your Runner-Up siggie

& Time to Announce the Winning Entry

& Our Winning Entry Is

Entry # 1

A New Beginning'

Yesterday's ample amount of rainfall continued to pour in throughout the night, in exchange with light amounts of drizzle covering the windows near dawn. The skies hadn't cleared up, it was still dark. Yet a beaming ray of light sunshine was visible through the clouds. Last night was the first time in five years that Khirad had willingly set foot into Ashar's territory. Despite searching for numerous excuses of escape, she knew it had been far too long for her to continue camping out in Hareem's bedroom. Especially since Hareem had recovered almost completely after her surgery and had resumed going to school once again. Even though Ashar himself was just completely ashamed and broken, she could once again see the hope of pursuing a marital relationship in his eyes. His eyes which were full of this existing guilt, embarrassment, and miserableness. There was this never-ending regret present within them for his previous actions and words. As she had firmly decided to stay with Ashar for the sake of Hareem, she knew she eventually had to return back to her regular habits and way of living. It was bound to happen one day or another. Thus, she had carefully packed her belongings and placed them into Ashar's room while he was busy putting Hareem to sleep.

Fate was so unexpected. Despite promising herself to never step back into the life of Ashar Hussain, never having to face an encounter with him, it had brought her back to his doorstep, made her plead to him in order to pay for Hareem's illness. Made her sacrifice her pain, her self-respect, forget her rough and scattered past, just for the sake of her daughter.

Khirad could sense the cold wind in the room, sending a chill down her spine. The open window was welcoming cool air, making its way all across the room. The sound of the raindrops hitting harshly against the windows mixed with the bustling wind caused her eye to awake at a much earlier time than expected. She took a quick glance at the watch on her wrist and decided to continue lying in bed silently along the edge. She was staring at perhaps nothing, lost in deep thought, re-calling memories. Khirad quivered at the thought of all the memories attached to his room; the room which she could once freely pronounce as their room yet now felt limited in doing so.

She conveniently sat up against the headboard making sure not to pull the comforter too hard, careful not to disturb Ashar from his sleep. Khirad undesirably looked across at Ashar. He was laying there in such a serene mood, the way he calmly slept looking so complete, snuggled up warm, sound asleep in his blanket.

Suddenly she felt nauseated and appalled lying on that same bed as Ashar, a place where both of them had shared those familiar moments. Moments that had caused both to evoke and eventually progress into a relationship known as love. She felt uncomfortable by his presence, could experience the olden days, feel his rough touch against her soft skin, inhale his warm breath. Her body shivered, she desperately wanted to bury the past away.

She quickly averted her gaze to slowly observe the state of the room, feeling surreal. It continued to exist in the exact same manner as it did five years ago. Ashar could have never accustomed himself to change; he hated it.

Unknowingly her eyes once again changed direction to face Ashar. In spite of carefully separating herself at the largest possible distance between them, sitting away from him as much as possible, she still felt disturbed. As she turned to face him she saw him breathing lightly, his eyes shut close. A faint smile lit up on her face as she reminded herself of all the nights she had sacrificed her sleep, just for Ashar's sake. Yet now, all those nights seemed completely pointless and empty.

She noticed the lines on her forehead. He'd grown old. Perhaps it was the smoking or the sleepless nights. She herself had been so tired having to face the brunt of so many accusations, tired of all the challenges and hurdles; having to carry the burden of her pregnancy alone in those dreadful and uncomfortable nights. She finally needed someone; needed him.

Khirad decided to step out of the comforter, wanting to catch a moment of fresh air for herself. She carefully put her foot down onto the floor, making sure she'd cause as less of a distraction as possible. Her tresses fell down onto her back perfectly, as she began to untie her bun, wanting to comb it. She examined her plain hands. They were once adorned with those beautiful bangles. The one's Fareeda had offered to her when Khirad and Ashar had decided to commence their married relationship.

Khirad wanted to get up at once feeling restless and agitated, yet she felt a strong force holding onto her arms, preventing her from leaving. She was absolutely startled at the way he had grabbed her wrists without any prior permission to do so.

"Khirad!" she hesitated to look back, merely listening to his voice. She didn't want to face him. Didn't feel like answering any of his false words.
"Kahaan jaa rahi ho?" he asked her. She still remained unresponsive, continuing to look downwards onto the floor.

"Idhar aao, yahaan betho", he made room available for her right next to him. Yet, Khirad ignored him once again.

There remained a moment of silence, a long pause, before he tugged onto both her arms and pulled her closer to him. She didn't look up to his face. She just wanted to close her eyes and be gone from here right this instance.

She could hear him opening his drawer, searching through his belongings. He was holding a box.

"Yeh main tumhaare liye laya tha", Khirad intently glared at him and then looked the other way, as he opened the deep blue box and offered her a set of bangles.

"Khirad!" she could tell he was constantly looking at her, waiting for her to answer. But she didn't respond. Instead, she moved across the bed, ready to leave, when he cautiously grabbed her arms and adorned them with the heavy gold and topaz bangles. She looked up at him; her gaze was deeply studying his face. Ashar apologetically looked towards her. He didn't know what to say, whether he was in the position to do so as well. He let go of both her arms and silently sat there. He knew he didn't deserve her forgiveness, yet he felt like slightly easing her pain, perhaps spreading some joy in her life.

Khirad's eyes widened becoming moist with water. Her arms now looked so complete. She swiftly walked across the room, leaving, shutting the door behind her. She couldn't understand what had just happened, feeling strangely perplexed yet happy. Her eyes were radiant with a smile, yet her heart remained tangled with disappointment and annoyance at Ashar.

Was this the start of a new relationship? Were both Ashar and her ready to commence into their married life once again? Could they move across from the past and build a new future. Khirad began thinking of a thousand different questions, trying to seek answers. Yet, she knew it was inane to do so. She smiled while looking at her arms. Perhaps there was hope. Maybe they could discover and build a new relationship instead of searching for the old one. She looked towards the room door, silently pulling on the doorknob. She wanted to speak with Ashar. She had to express her gratitude for this gift.

Its been written by

BlackStar.

Congratulations👏

here's your Winning siggie

Cr for winning siggies goes to aichuu😳

PSF DT

Edited by saher_90 - 11 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

618043 thumbnail
Congratulations dear! 🤗 Loved ur OS too much! <3
BlackStar. thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
😳 😲

I seriously did not expect to win especially because I felt my OS was lacking something, but thank-you to everyone who liked it and voted for me, and you all get the biggest hugs and loudest thank-you's from me! 🤗
khoslakadhokla thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Woah! This is cool!

Thank you for everyone who voted for "In Your Embrace" ...it was quite an impulsive move to write that one out. And thank you to whoever voted for and liked Story #3 as well...that was my submission too (😳), the only one I was planning to send for this OS thing before I wrote #5. 😆

PS: Congo BlackStar...just read your OS now, it was well deserved! 👍🏼