Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Rabz_14 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 11 years ago
even Saba got so popular as Saman...im surprised to see that Mahira won over her...woahh
starstruckk thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
I'm glad Sanam Baloch wasn't nominated for DeS

Mahira would've still won regardless.
Raindrops. thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Best Actress should not be about how much you improved but rather how popular your character was relative to others or either your performance was best of the lot
soapsick thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: starstruckk

I'm glad Mahira fans find this deserving because I'm not too sure what's funnier this or her winning over everyone else. 😆

I know it isn't the best choice in the world..and I'm in no position to compare as I haven't seen Maat etc, but I'd read the book (SZ) and thought they killed it when they chose Mahira..but I was surprised..pleasantly at that..so yeah, if it has to be dumb (considering their reasons for not nominating Humsafar and forgetting Durr e Shahwar) am glad its Mahira 😊..
Rabz_14 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

I'm glad Sanam Baloch wasn't nominated for DeS

Mahira would've still won regardless.

how did she win...becoz of votes right?? it was upto the public for whom to vote..
starstruckk thumbnail
best actress should be about who acted the best out of the lot of nominees not about who did well in one half of the drama and overacted in the other half, also not about who you like more..but sadly this was popular choice..and if Mahira really won by fair means (though I have my doubts as this seems mind boggling)..then I'm sure people went to no ends to give her the highest number of votes possible..there was no limit to voting anyway. 😆
starstruckk thumbnail

Originally posted by: soapsick

I know it isn't the best choice in the world..and I'm in no position to compare as I haven't seen Maat etc, but I'd read the book (SZ) and thought they killed it when they chose Mahira..but I was surprised..pleasantly at that..so yeah, if it has to be dumb (considering their reasons for not nominating Humsafar and forgetting Durr e Shahwar) am glad its Mahira 😊..

Well if you haven't seen Maat I don't think we should even go further.
starstruckk thumbnail

Originally posted by: Rabz_14

how did she win...becoz of votes right?? it was upto the public for whom to vote..

did you see the responses on Hum's awards page/Hum's official page?

Saba was actually leading in terms of responses..Nearly every other person had Saba Qamar as their choice for best actress.

Even if it was public choice..then the public responses seemed pretty different than the winner here.
soapsick thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

best actress should be about who acted the best out of the lot of nominees not about who did well in one half of the drama and overacted in the other half, also not about who you like more..but sadly this was popular choice..and if Mahira really won by fair means (though I have my doubts as this seems mind boggling)..then I'm sure people went to no ends to give her the highest number of votes possible..there was no limit to voting anyway. 😆

One can debate over awards endlessly IMO, when it's the jury we say its biased and when there's voting there's cynicism over the methods used and arguments over the audience being unable to understand the dynamics of a technical job (editing etc)..

But here's the deal, as long they haven't been 'rigged' it doesn't matter if Joe Bloggs registered on Hum TV's website to vote for (e.g.) Fawad & Mahira 420 times. Because there HAD to be something special about the duo that pushed Joe Bloggs to this level of madness, too bad if someone else couldn't inspire this level of pagalpan..😳
Edited by soapsick - 11 years ago