Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

-Maha- thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 11 years ago

Originally posted by: starstruckk

I don't care about Sanam or Mahira doing this project..our stories focus more on women anyway. Men have more options then they do..Faisal Qureshi or Fahad Mustafa ring a bell? I love Fawad, and I don't want to see him doing the same story. We already have him in ZGH..he's ALSO doing Armaan..and then he's supposedly going to do Nadia's project on Ishq..and now this? Is Fawad not capable of anything else?

I understand Fawad & Mahira fans could care less about what kind of project it is as long as Fawad & Mahira end up together..but I rather see Fawad doing something more worthwhile even if that means having Mahira in it..as long as it's MORE worthwhile then this.

I haven't read the novel, and don't plan to..but I never said I knew the story..but the details here are enough for me to know that this is romance..and Farhat Ishtiaq's name is enough for anyone to realize that. Moreover, I don't like this whole concept of two sisters and one guy..it's too far fetched now and I personally think Fawad should decline this.

So what if its Romance ? Arent we watching same kind of depressing dramas and concepts again and again? So what If there were two sisters ? Theme could be different execution can be different.It was not a story of 2 sisters :) The second one was there for just few paragraphs.
I was the first one here to say that Mahira is not suitable for this character.I said that i dont want her to do this Character.But this was a beautiful story and if you have not read this than kindly stop your speculations about it :) thank you
OnlyHope thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: --Nida--

Fawad is turning out to be another Humayun 🤣

looks like they only want him to do romance
although I also wish to see him do romance but the character should be demanding
Fahad and Faisal always get to show variety
our makers over use a person so much so that either he gets annoyed doing same thing or we get annoyed lol

In this case, WE are annoyed! 😆
Recently, Humayun did Kaafir which was totally different than his usual..but Fawad needs to pick something like that now!
Fahad
starstruckk thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: OnlyHope

Star, I do find this one not as exciting/new as the untitled one..plus it's the same trio...that's just, weird, to say the least?

A couple doesn't repeat too much in these dramas, heck, a trio is far from reality! 😆
I'd rather them decline this than the other one... 🤔
Let's see..for all that we know, ALL of this might be just rumors 🤣 like both shows...

I know..I am more excited for that than this. Even though it's the same people..😆 but that just has this suspense and Nadia is not a novel writer..I expect her to have a different take than the normal Pakistani writers. I don't know..this isn't exciting me.

To make it clear..I'm more of a Fawad fan than any of the actresses mentioned. He's such a big star now and I don't like him doing the same stuff consecutively. I still remember how he said he didn't want to do Humsafar because the story seemed typical to him but he eventually gave in because of the young cast etc..I don't want to remember Fawad doing romantic roles all his life. 😆

I found Humsafar a bit too afsani and I found the same problem with Mata e Jaan. I will never understand the whole deal with Haniya going back to Pakistan after Ibaad's death..and that whole second half..it was so far fetched. Farhat Ishtiaq's work is great for romance but for television romance? It's a bit over the top..that's why I love Umera's work as a writer..her work is apt for not just her novels but also television.
OnlyHope thumbnail
MeJ was beyond me..I didn't even watch all of it -_- and Humsafar was just a good PACKAGE..isliye hit hogaya..story was typical from the very beginning.. And yep, I'm excited about the other one because we have so much suspense..plus so many crazy predictions 😆
-Maha- thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: starstruckk

you mentioned this:

I would love to see FM together but mahira as saba:O
And mahira doesnt look younger than sanam at all.forget 3-4 years age difference.
Saba was a 14-15 year old when story started.and irtaza was of 22-24.
It was such a beautiful novel.wth they are ruining it.there are so many new nd young actresses why cant they take someone else for saba's character.
We can get FM in some other show

So what was Saba's age then?

And I don't care about that..but if that a girl of that age feels she's in love with an elder guy, then I don't get that? Also have a problem with this story. I don't like afsani love stories on television. They are too unrealistic for my liking.

I wrote "when the story started" 😆 I did not say that she fell in love at that time.It was started When Irtaza was a friend of her.Realization of Love was in later part of novel.The age difference was of 7 years and in our society as much as we hate,such marriages/Love stories are common
soapsick thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Most novels are adapted for TV. I'm sure the makers are conscious of the fact that MK and SB don't look like teens and will make changes accordingly. Like with Humsafar, where Ashar was 8 years older than Khirad but I don't recall this being the case in the play..probably because FK doesn't look 'old' compared to MK..

Having said that, its the cousin angle that doesn't sit well with me. It's one thing when you marry a cousin you don't know or are friends with..but someone you've grown up calling 'bhai'? 🤢
starstruckk thumbnail

Originally posted by: -Maha-

So what if its Romance ? Arent we watching same kind of depressing dramas and concepts again and again? So what If there were two sisters ? Theme could be different execution can be different.It was not a story of 2 sisters :) The second one was there for just few paragraphs.
I was the first one here to say that Mahira is not suitable for this character.I said that i dont want her to do this Character.But this was a beautiful story and if you have not read this than kindly stop your speculations about it :) thank you

Same kind of depressing stuff on our televisions don't include the same, brilliant actors and actresses and they shouldn't.

I'm not too sure why you're getting offended? I think there are other people here who have also read the novel and they're not objecting to my views..and I never said the novel is bad..I never even read it..I said Farhat Ishtiaq's writings from whatever I HAVE SEEN is more fairy tale like..and while that's great to see once in a while on television screens..I don't want to see good actors being roped in the same kind of projects again & again.

Just because it was a beautiful story in her books doesn't mean it'll stay beautiful when they make an adaptation. Mata e Jaan was along the same lines..and I didn't like her work a bit..and I said it then too..I don't like Farhat Ishtiaq's work for television..and yes, I haven't read any of her novels but the two dramas I HAVE seen are enough for me to make my judgement.

It's not like they're going to take our thoughts into consideration before adapting this novel..but it's fair enough for us to share our views. And as mentioned, I want Fawad to do something different than the fairy tale romance. Yes, romance is there in more or less every project..but this fairy tale love isn't always going to do it for me when it comes to Fawad.
OnlyHope thumbnail
Star, in your previous post, I think I missed that last bit..
Umera is just..I honestly run short of words when it comes to her writing...PLUS even the dramatizations of her writing comes out to be the best (of course if we exclude a few that had the wrong choice of cast)...
I think this is the wrong place to appreciate Umera, but Zaroon ki zubaan mein, "main dheet hoon" 🤣
Raindrops. thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
According to me Umera has no comparison to any other writers...her is a different level altogether
Farhat is a good writer though...I mean compare her to some of the others like Faiza, Sarwat and Maha and all they also write same depressing story over and over again
atleast Farhat has a different style...to me she is better than a lot of other writers
I also want to say that Umera is doing bit too much work at the same time ...she should really take some break
Kankar's story is great but concept is nothing new either...Fahad has played this character over and over again in recent past however Fahad and Sanam's acting + Umera's dialogue will make it stand out
The other drama she is writing is not as exciting
starstruckk thumbnail

Originally posted by: OnlyHope

Star, in your previous post, I think I missed that last bit..

Umera is just..I honestly run short of words when it comes to her writing...PLUS even the dramatizations of her writing comes out to be the best (of course if we exclude a few that had the wrong choice of cast)...
I think this is the wrong place to appreciate Umera, but Zaroon ki zubaan mein, "main dheet hoon" 🤣

I love Umera honestly..she makes me watch Pakistani shows. They could put the worst of people in her dramas..and I will try my best to watch it. She offers something new and refreshing..even with ZGH though Zaroon & Kashaf will fall in love..the story doesn't revolve around that dreamy romance..it's more real and easy to connect to. Her characters are so much more easy to connect to.

I personally don't like Farhat's writings..they could even put Sanam Baloch + Fawad Khan in every corner of the drama..I wouldn't want to see them doing a fairy tale love story that I can not relate to in any sense. I have bollywood for that. 😆