Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

-Maha- thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 11 years ago

Originally posted by: --Nida--

I am expecting all our shows to follow turkish shows in near future...if the trp trend continues :P

I am all for romance...don't want to see same depressing stuff but we can't afford to loose the essence of the Pakistani drama either
that is why I said we should have some Mehndi kind of show, alpha bravo charlie and tipu sultan kind a stuff
Show variety but don't loose the realism that our shows offers...that is what makes us different

See whats wrong If we are getting one Romantic show on a channel in a week πŸ˜†.
Except Hum no one is working on love stories so 1 show at a time doesn't make any difference.And thats what i am trying to say.In a week we get 21 different dramas on 3 Channels ,Geo Ary and HUM.and between those 21 shows one is love story thn how it is gonna affect essence of our dramasπŸ˜†
OnlyHope thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3

Maha, I think woh to rumor hi hoga... πŸ˜† Fawad kitne dramas sign karega akhir?! Woh bhi ek sath?

Raindrops. thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: -Maha-

See whats wrong If we are getting one Romantic show on a channel in a week πŸ˜†.
Except Hum no one is working on love stories so 1 show at a time doesn't make any difference.And thats what i am trying to say.In a week we get 21 different dramas on 3 Channels ,Geo Ary and HUM.and between those 21 shows one is love story thn how it is gonna affect essence of our dramasπŸ˜†

You have a valid point
I don't mind if we have romantic shows but they should have some substance to it
However, I see same concepts repeating, more than romance depressing stuff annoys me
And there are actors who mostly do romantic stuff then there are some who only play negative/confused character like Mikaal then there are some who are always crying and doing same depressing thing
The only example I can give of actors who have done everything are Faisal, Fahad and Saba...apart from them everyone is doing same thing
Drama Industry is stagnant because we see same concepts and same people doing same thing over and over again...Something new needs to be tried
-Maha- thumbnail

Originally posted by: OnlyHope

Maha, I think woh to rumor hi hoga... πŸ˜† Fawad kitne dramas sign karega akhir?! Woh bhi ek sath?

Us sy zyadai guess ye 2 rumors hain πŸ˜† coz there is no news on Farhat Ishtiaq's official page .But umera is working on Amar Bial's Script.

Raindrops. thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: OnlyHope

Two of them are tele films
Arman and Nadia Jamil one for Asim Raza...he already shot for one of them ages ago besides I don't think Arman's shooting will take that long
The other film with Ahsan and Sarwat has already finished shooting
Fawad has not done any play post ZGH which I believe he did six months ago...he will be looking for a play now but I don't think he has signed otherwise we would have this news all over fb
Besides Farhat hasn't mentioned on her page and something like FM working would have been all over fb by now
-Maha- thumbnail

Originally posted by: --Nida--

You have a valid point
I don't mind if we have romantic shows but they should have some substance to it
However, I see same concepts repeating, more than romance depressing stuff annoys me
And there are actors who mostly do romantic stuff then there are some who only play negative/confused character like Mikaal then there are some who are always crying and doing same depressing thing
The only example I can give of actors who have done everything are Faisal, Fahad and Saba...apart from them everyone is doing same thing
Drama Industry is stagnant because we see same concepts and same people doing same thing over and over again...Something new needs to be tried

Yea i agree and more thn concepts the The problem is with Casting.We are seeing Same couples ,same faces in same kinda shows . Forget leads even Same actresses are playing Mother's character in every show.
Ignore Romantic stories ,i think in these days on all channels we are watching one show with two wives or two Gf πŸ˜†
BlackStar. thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
What's so wrong in this drama being made? Everyone has their own choice their own likes for a drama or a type of drama.. People like Umera Ahmed yes she's a brilliant writer but sometimes something more light and romantic is fun to watch too.. I don't like Zindagi Gulzar Hai.. I find it a drag and boring, so similarly I can like Farhat Ishtiaq's work. It's nothing special, but nothing bad either. I enjoyed her work. Both Humsafar and MEJ to a certain extent too.
starstruckk thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: BlackStar.

What's so wrong in this drama being made? Everyone has their own choice their own likes for a drama or a type of drama.. People like Umera Ahmed yes she's a brilliant writer but sometimes something more light and romantic is fun to watch too.. I don't like Zindagi Gulzar Hai.. I find it a drag and boring, so similarly I can like Farhat Ishtiaq's work. It's nothing special, but nothing bad either. I enjoyed her work. Both Humsafar and MEJ to a certain extent too.

Mata e Jaan & Humsafar were romantic..but LIGHT? for real? πŸ˜† people were crying buckets in both these shows as far as I know.

Light & romantic is different than what you're talking about. I don't recall any drama in recent times which was romantic and light.

And yes you're free to your own opinion which is what you've been stating..and my opinions have already been stated too so don't want to be repeat it again.

p.s. I love Zindagi Gulzar Hai..it's so real..but hey that's me.
BlackStar. thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: starstruckk

Mata e Jaan & Humsafar were romantic..but LIGHT? for real?πŸ˜†people were crying buckets in both these shows as far as I know.

Light & romantic is different than what you're talking about. I don't recall any drama in recent times which was romantic and light.

And yes you're free to your own opinion which is what you've been stating..and my opinions have already been stated too so don't want to be repeat it again.

p.s. I love Zindagi Gulzar Hai..it's so real..but hey that's me.

Compared to Daagh, MZZB and stuff they are light.
I'm not asking you to re-state your opinion.
You like ZGH, find it real I don't. The drama just doesn't interest me even if I continue watching it.
starstruckk thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: BlackStar.

Compared to Daagh, MZZB and stuff they are light.
I'm not asking you to re-state your opinion.
You like ZGH, find it real I don't. The drama just doesn't interest me even if I continue watching it.

Well you asked why this drama shouldn't be made..and just wanted to let you know that that's not what we were talking about in case you missed the last 6 pages.
& nah I don't think they were light at all. Humsafar sort of reminded me of MZZB in many places..but then again, maybe we have a different definition for what's light & what's not.

And, just like ZGH doesn't interest you, Ishtiaq's writings don't interest me either...glad we can agree to disagree here.