DonnaHarvey thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 11 years ago

Madhubala Shamsher Malik knew the feeling all too well. All her girlfriends had been through it and all her male acquaintances had wailed about it. The one time she entered and successfully existed the dark pit of neverness called the friendzone, she pledged never to go back.

Her current boyfriend was a placeholder, a ritual for social conformity. She was a hipster at heart, a girl who would fit seamlessly in thriving communities of Metro weirdoes. But, this was suburbia and she had to play by the rules of the white picket fences.

The only boy Madhu ever liked was the high school robotics team captain; the kind of nerd everyone hates but secretly wants to become. The boy would never acknowledge an attractive female  when he saw one. So, she became his friend and remained one for as long as two years. Then, one day Madhu decided she had had enough of pretending to care about machines and programming "when there are real issues in the world".

"Like what?", the boy asked. "What could be more important than the lego robot sitting in your basement?"

"What could be more important? Children are starving, there are wars. I do not want to build a robot. I want to be with you".

And, when she least expected it, the boy whom she least expected it from, said the dreaded words, "I have a girlfriend. But, we can still remain friends".

This was the pivotal moment she had prepared for. If she said yes to continuing friendship, there was no going back. The truth was out and he would make her his errand girl. Like she had not been one already.

"No, we cannot be friends".

"Why not?"

"Because I value myself too much to partake in activities of your choosing even though we share no common grounds".

Madhu pulled her hair out in frustration; a crowd of onlookers powered the rumour mill. Within days, Madhu became the girl who was a bigger dork than the robotics nerd.

"Yeah, I would rather not talk about my high school days", she told a very curious Mukund.

Pardon the forgetfulness, I treaded away from the chance to introduce Mukund. For now, we shall refer to him as the boyfriend. Yes, the placeholder I was mentioned earlier. Now, Mukund was only good for smiling in camera shots, kissing and posing as arm candy. Really, without Madhu, he was the most boring person one could meet. The man you would be interested in learning about, was Mukund's home town friend: Rishabh Kundra.

A/N: This is a NOT light hearted story because I changed my mind. Eagerly waiting to hear what you think.

Index:

Chapter 2: www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=3450788&PID=76803881�

Edited by iiDona - 11 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Sonali92 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 4
wow loved the start...oh Mukund a placeholder i like that but waiting for heroes entry
Aphrodyte thumbnail
luved the start jasleen...continue soon.
Vsoujanya thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
haha Mukund's friend Rishab? Nice, oh yay! I am so excited right now to know what happens next. you know about my impatience, but I like it so far, I like light-hearted things. Loving Madhu already, she is quite comical! lol ðŸ˜†

PS: Just curious did you predict that I would like this already?
simikr thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
Fabulous start. It goes without saying that I love all that you write. I do like Mukund though.. I have a thing for nerds.😆 Most of my heroes are nerds or geeks. ðŸ˜³

DonnaHarvey thumbnail

Originally posted by: Vsoujanya

haha Mukund's friend Rishab? Nice, oh yay! I am so excited right now to know what happens next. you know about my impatience, but I like it so far, I like light-hearted things. Loving Madhu already, she is quite comical! lol ðŸ˜†

PS: Just curious did you predict that I would like this already?

Yes, I saw this coming. No, I was not trying to be comical. Amazing how I only sound comedic when I do not try😕 My life would be easier I stopped trying. meh
These are your good hearted people with the petty problems, the kinds we are comfortable viewing human nature through.
Vsoujanya thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: iiDona

Yes, I saw this coming. No, I was not trying to be comical. Amazing how I only sound comedic when I do not try😕 My life would be easier I stopped trying. meh
These are your good hearted people with the petty problems, the kinds we are comfortable viewing human nature through.

Oh you know me too well! Well it sounded comical to me, well her thought process is very entertaining you know what I mean? hahaha I guess things turn out better when not planned? being comical when not trying, but not being comical when trying. Story of my college life. I am excited for this story! ðŸ˜ƒ
DonnaHarvey thumbnail

Originally posted by: simikr

Fabulous start. It goes without saying that I love all that you write. I do like Mukund though.. I have a thing for nerds.😆 Most of my heroes are nerds or geeks. ðŸ˜³

There are different kinds of nerds. There are your mental protype of star trek loving, video game playing physics nerds. Then, there are the literature nerds, movie geeks, fashion dorks (hard to believe). This story will not build on the jock hates nerd stereotype or high school love for that matter. BTW you are not alone. Mama find me a nerd boy😊 What do you think I go to the cons for?
DonnaHarvey thumbnail

Originally posted by: Vsoujanya

Oh you know me too well! Well it sounded comical to me, well her thought process is very entertaining you know what I mean? hahaha I guess things turn out better when not planned? being comical when not trying, but not being comical when trying. Story of my college life. I am excited for this story! ðŸ˜ƒ

Did you watch Perks?
Tanmaya1 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Nice Start Jasleen