100 Crooners Celebration Thread!

archanan14 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 12 years ago

Credits: Anjali

Here's to 100 Crooners - and to Priya, who brings them to us!!

Credits: Shweta

Crooner 1 : Dabangg - Advance booking opens ;)
Crooner 2 : Mental Bwoys.. Game has just begun !!!
Crooner 3 : He came, He lost, He conquered...
Crooner 4 : Mr & Mrs Raizada.. completes Full Circle
Crooner 5 : Friday Housefull.. that created Epic..
Crooner 6 : Man proposes, God disposes !!!
Crooner 7 : Well, Ab Khushi meri PATNI hai !!!
Crooner 8 : Deal breakers !!!
Crooner 9 : ASR decide first @#$%^&*
Crooner 10 : Mystery of ASR's haircuts :D
Crooner 11 : RIP White shirt : Answer to abuses???
Crooner 12 : Come... Just do it!!! Part I ;)
Crooner 12 : Sense & Sensibility!!! Part II
Crooner 13 : We part to meet, we meet to part!!!
Crooner 14 : Dilli door nahi... decoding madness
Crooner 15 : Men only have two faults...
Crooner 16 : Appetizing Monday... Game begins !!!
Crooner 17 : What the... 2nd course... Burnt soup
Crooner 18 : Singham - Tossed Salad !!!
Crooner 19 : Chinese Checkers : Diet Entree !!!
Crooner 20 : Celebrating the syrupy dessert !!!
Crooner 21 : Purplicious Monday : Rang barse!!!
Crooner 22 : Kesariya baalam : Sunshine Tuesday - VM
Crooner 23 : Thanks to Sasuraal Genda Phool...
Crooner 24 : Lyrical Rhapsody - Tis' a Love story
Crooner 25 : Detoxifying Friday.. from the heavens

Crooner 26 : Nonsensical Monday.. off to beaches!!
Crooner 27 : Dil baal baal hua.. bathroom tere liye
Crooner 28 : Papa Roach Gutterdom : from Alaska!!!
Crooner 29 : Way to reach a man's heart...
Crooner 30 : The Lion King
Crooner 30 : BIG BANG... and we are back!!!
Crooner 31 : Finallyyy... Dreamzzz unlimited !!
Crooner 32 : King's Speech... Technical Love !!!
Crooner 33 : What Lies beneath...
Crooner 34 : Dumb charades !!!
Crooner 35 : Stupid Love Story !!!
Crooner 36 : Poison Ivy !!!
Crooner 37 : DISGUSTING Equations !!!
Crooner 38 : The Nutcracker !!!
Crooner 39 : A boy named Arnav !!!
Crooner 40 : Boy, Girl and Chillar Party !!!
Crooner 41 : Laal Chadi maidaan khadi !!!
Crooner 42 : Kaho naa Pyaar Hai !!!
Crooner 43 : Angry Birds - BASH THEM !!!
Crooner 45 : Scra-m-bled Singh Raizada
Crooner 45.2: What I missed to see on Friday !!!
Crooner 46 : Honthon pe aise baat : kissed n Sealed
Crooner 47 : Kya yehi pyaar hai !!!
Crooner 48 : Reflections !!!
Crooner 49 : What the... Unpardonable!!!
Crooner 50 : Love Paradox !!!

Crooner 51 : Love Actually.. Swami !!!
Crooner 52 : ASR's Khushification
Crooner 53 : Cough Cough !!!
Crooner 54 : Parichay !!!
Crooner 55 : Mirage !!!
Crooner 56 : The Rage of Love
Crooner 57 : The Tempest !!!
Crooner 58 : Midsummer Night's Dream
Crooner 59 : Forbidden Fruit !!!
Crooner 60 : Arnav Rekha !!!
Crooner 61 : An "Affair" To Remember !!!
Crooner 62 : Broken Frames
Crooner 63 : Fool's Gold !!!
Crooner 64 : Phantom of the Paradise
Crooner 65 : Breaking apart !!!
Crooner 66 : Part 1 - OMG.. it was a ME !!!
Crooner 66 : I'll be gone... Maha Episode !!!
Crooner 67 : MISSING !!!
Crooner 68 : The WILL of hiding ;)
Crooner 69 : Tum pukaar lo..
Crooner 70 : "pArEsHaaN"
Crooner 71 : Ringmaster !!!
Crooner 72 : Eclipse..
Crooner 73 : Messages... do peep in !!!
Crooner 74 : To Kill a Mocking-bird
Crooner 75 : Peek-a-boo

Crooner 76 : Divide and Rule
Crooner 77 : Pseudo Reflections
Crooner 78 : Tum theek ho???
Crooner 79 : The Curse of the White Pearl
Crooner 80 : The Pulp Fiction
Crooner 81 : "WILL" Power !!!
Crooner 82 : "KEY-ing the Chumbak"
Crooner 83 : Strength Based Selling !!!
Crooner 84 : Ocean of Pearls
Crooner 85 : Hope is a waking dream
Crooner 86 : The Crying Euphemism
Crooner 87 : What do you Believe in???
Crooner 88 : Triumph - rising from ashes of Belief
Crooner 89 : Seize-Fire
Crooner 90 : I am. I think. I WILL.
Crooner 91 : Rhapsody of the soul !!
Crooner 92 : Falling Off The Cliff !!!
Crooner 93 : Devil's Advocate
Crooner 94 : Slam Dunk
Crooner 95 : Mending Fences..
Crooner 96 : The Night That Was...
Crooner 97 : Tides of Chaos
Crooner 98 : Whispering Storms
Crooner 99 : Finally the step closer !!!
Crooner 100 : Everything I do, I do it for you !!!

... And continuing ...

Credits: Ishii

An exclusive VM dedication - specially for the 100th Crooner!

[YOUTUBE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kL4qhD40ZPM[/YOUTUBE]

https://i1098.photobucket.com/albums/g376/shailasubu/Arnav%20and%20Khushi/ScreenShot2012-05-24at113948PM-1-1.jpg

Credits: Shy

Credits: Suvi

Credits: Kalpana

And a special look back... at a most loved VM by our own Crooner Queen - Priya!

[YOUTUBE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=keMkKCoL1Lc&feature=plcp[/YOUTUBE]

Edited by arch_nat1112 - 12 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

archanan14 thumbnail

Fireflies on a moonless night, Neath the canopy of trees.
Tiny lanterns all in flight, Carried on the evening breeze.

Like pixies and fairies, in a world of dreams, Flying in their magic realm.
Perpetuating their magical schemes, Your earthly senses overwhelm.

I could just sit and watch all night, the fireflies in the air.
Underneath the stars so bright, Till early light, without a care.

~Juan Olivarez~

In The beloved's sea, fear not the waves,
No matter if your vessel strays,
Toss, it may, side to side, to and fro,
In search of beloved pearl, you must go..
Today in the quiet, the next with noise,
one day in distress, another with poise
The beloved pearl remember
"Fear not, thy heart surrender"

~Rumi~

Then, too, the pearl from out its shell,
Unsightly in the sunless sea,
(As 't were a spirit, forced to dwell
In form unlovely) was set free..

~Thomas Moore~

The pearly treasures of the sea, The lights that spatter heaven above,
More precious than these wonders are, My heart-of-hearts filled with your love.

The ocean's power, the heavenly sights, Cannot outweigh a love filled heart.
And sparkling stars or glowing pearls, Pale as love flashes, beams and darts.

So, little, youthful maiden come
Into my ample, feverish heart
For heaven and earth and sea and sky
Do melt as love has melt my heart.

~Heinrich Heine~

An ocean of blue and clouds of grey,
The gateway of this immortal soul.
Traces of age and scars of life
There's more behind the surface you'll never see.

~Daenerys Targaryen~

Credits for entire post: Shweta

archanan14 thumbnail

"A reel life act got us together,
sharing a bond to last forever.
The smiles, the tears, the claps, the cheers,
Yes, the love for this tale,
Yes, the love for this space,
has given us precious memories
to cherish forever. "

- Suvi

Priya Dii πŸ€— πŸ€—

100th Crooner it it... And as usual I am tongue tied not knowing what to say and what not. I have been racking my nonexistent brain from past one week trying to come up with something, but unfortunately nothing came up.Then I spoke to Archu for advice (She is my friend philosopher and guide, Forced job given by me.. πŸ˜†). Told her my limitations with anything art and crafts.. So she told me I should send a write up.. I was like me and write up never go hand in hand. Archu said you just write something and it would be okay. I was like 😲 😲Okay good one Archu.. I am gonna remember this.. πŸ˜†. So then I decided okay let me do what I am good with that is blabbering. And if I have tortured you for this long, I can torture you for one more day.. I am sure itna to Muje Hakq He 😳..

So here I am trying something I know I suck at but I had to try cause it's 100th Crooner Celebration after all.. 😳 πŸ˜ƒ

I have told you this earlier Dii, but still gonna say it, you have a very special place in my life for various reasons.. First and foremost is you are the first person on IF whom I sent Buddy request.. πŸ˜ƒ Also you are the first person whose Post I commented on and the first one whom I sent PM and first person on my buddy request.😳. .

I was silent reader in my starting days. I had come across your post where you have mentioned about Khushi manipulating Arnav for marriage by pretending she had an affair with Shyam. I was in office and I died laughing reading your post.. Especially the post was made when we had crucial Cricket match going on and Dhoni had us all on the verge of dying with anticipation. You had mentioned about the same in your post too.. I read it and I was relaxed. Somehow your writing always have that soothing effect on my otherwise stressed lil brain.. πŸ˜†. So yeah I read it and then I started stalking your posts... Yeah way back in Feb when you did not even know someone named Ishii existed.. πŸ˜› I always was afraid talking to you.. Somehow you were always one notch above me and you were very popular on IF back then too..😳 So I always used to wonder how would you react if I comment something on your post or send you the PM. So had been silently stalking your post.. πŸ˜†. But then one fine day, you again posted another topic... And this time I decided to PM you.. So I PMed you instead of commenting on your main post explaining how you always make me laugh.. Now as I told you I thought you were biggy of forums and would not reply to me or would accept my buddy request.. πŸ˜•. But when I received your PM, I was at first shocked. Cause I never thought you would reply to a complete stranger like me and would thank me for liking your post and also would accept my buddy request... πŸ˜ƒ I was the happiest person that day.. Not only that day but ever since then whenever you reply to any of my comment or send me any PM, it always makes my day. Not only that but even if you like my post, I would be the happiest person on the earth that day that Priya dii liked my post no matter how silly it is.. 😳 How will I ever thank you for that I don't know..

My journey with Crooner started from 4th Crooner. Yeah dii unbelievable na? but it's true. I have been stalking you from a very long time. πŸ˜†.. I used to be very frustrated those days with episodes cause of that longest run MU in TV history.. But then I started reading your Crooner. Those were always full of positivity. Whenever I read any Crooner I always used to feel IPK is one special serial on TV and there is nothing else like IPK. No doubt IPK is one of it''s kind but you and your Crooner made it more special for me. Your Crooners always makes me feel that world is a better place and everything will is fine. IPK is going great. I still feel if I had not come across Crooner, my life would have been an utter mess. I would be like those frustrated viewers, who can't stop watching the show cause but will still keep on saying nonsense about it. I remember interacting with you once on Crooner. I had asked you how can you always be so positive when and how can you always say such beautiful things about the show whenever y one else is in gloomy mood. I still remember your reply. You had told me, your funda is simple. You watch this serial cause you love it. If you have any problem with the serial you would simply watch something else. No one had that much time to waste now a days. So yeah if you don't like it, you don't watch it. Don't crib about it.. And that day I realised what I have been doing.. Since then I had stopped doing that.. Yeah I do rant sometimes out of habit but never let it affect anything else..

Then my frustration was slowly gone and in it's place a new found love for my most fav serial has come.. I used to read Crooner but never had commented before I got your PM.. I used to read most of the comments on first pages, but back then I never knew how forum works. I did not know people do discussions on Crooner. I though people come, post and go. So that is what I used to do. But then I started learning how it works. I was still uncomfortable getting into discussion. And believe me from the time I became regular on forum and till the time I became goldie, I hardly had any friends on forum. I mean of course I had people in my buddy list cause I used to read their writing, but no friend as such.. but then came the epic wood wa thread.. πŸ˜† And I realised this is how it works. I was silent reader again on Woodwa thread.. πŸ˜† I remember formally interacting with you all on Palka wa and Parda we Crooner.. I mean of course it was not that but we made it that by the end of Sat.. 😳. That day is still one of the best days of my life..

I met you formally that day.. My long awaited dream came true that day that Priya dii finally know me.. πŸ˜ƒ Seriously I so wanted you to know me.. 😳 Plus I met Sadie, Rashmi, Arshiya, Shwetu Dii and others.. After that I became a regular on Crooners.. And then I realised what I was missing. πŸ˜• Afterwards I became regular on Crooners.. Such an incredible journey I had with Crooners. The other day I was reading Crooner 50 and then I started reading Crooner 49th and I did not realise when I finished reading all 97 Crooners... Gosh you are such a talented person. I don' think I can ever say it in my words, even if I was good with words, I don't think I can ever say it..

Dii you have no idea what you have given to me. I was going through really bad time in my life and you know the reason why. But Crooner gave me friends who I never had before. Who are always there for me. If I still get shivers thinking about coping up with all that followed after April all alone. But because of you and Crooner, I had people to support me in that time. I can never ever thank you enough for that. If it was not for you, Crooner or my Crooner buddies, I would still be the same depressed person. Crying half of the time in a day.. But not anymore.. I have something to look forward to daily. And something that makes my day and makes this world a happier place to live. And all this is possible cause of you. And dii I am not even slightly exaggerating here.

Priya dii I really don't know if I am making any sense here but all I wanted to say is Crooner is an important part of my life.. I can't think of passing my day without coming to Crooner. I have made friends on Crooner.. I have ranted here. I have dene vallapanti, guttergiri, some times by mistake serious discussions too. These things are part of my life. And the only reason why they mean so much to me is cause of you. You gave us Crooner.. And again I can't thank you enough for the same.. And the journey that started with Crooner one has reached to 100th Crooner now.. And I am sure this is just another milestone in this great journey of Crooners..😳

I think I have blabbered enough and I should stop now.. I just wanna say.. Congratulations dii for completing 100 Crooners.. πŸ€—.. Happy 100th Crooner's Day... Let's πŸ₯³ πŸ₯³ πŸ₯³ πŸ₯³..

P.S. Priya dii, I did try to do something.It's my first for your 100th Crooner. Here I am putting it for you. Hope you would like it.. 😳

- Ishii

Credits: Suba
archanan14 thumbnail

"In every crowd are certain persons who seem just like the rest, yet they bear amazing messages."
~Antoine de Saint Exupery

"Raah Pe Kaante Bikhre Agar
Uspe To Phir Bhi Chalna Hi Hai
Do Pal Ruka Khwaabon Ka Kaarvaan
Aur Phir Chal Diye, Tum Kahaan, Hum Kahaan

Hum Bhi Hai Josh Mein
Baatein Kar Hosh Mein
Yun Na Aankhein Dikha"

These were the verses in your very first Crooner, sweetie.πŸ˜ƒ "Dabangg: Advance booking opens ;)"was the title to that Crooner!! Needless to say, your spunk & unparalleled penmanship got me hooked to your thread(s)!πŸ˜† One show. One couple. One purpose. Above all, one INGENIOUS mind. The Crooner: a place to come together, to share, and to learn. Always welcoming with a kind word, and a touching endearment. Even in the darkest of days on the show, you infused each of your posts with anecdotes, satire, vivid imagination, quotes, and music. You embraced different opinions while always being respectful of each person who visited your post!

I remember when the Crooner was a "small" affair; few of us commented as time permitted. "Reserve" did not exist, and we were contained to about 8-10 pages! Looking back, it is as if I've watched a baby grow in front of my eyes when I see the ever-growing band of friends who join us in discussions. Truly a testament to this fabulous space which you have created, hun! You have never let us forget the "essence" of what it means to be here: the positivity, laughs, and utterly precise analysis that you offer us on a daily basis serve as inspiration to each and every one of us!

This is our home where we discuss and understand this show which, at times, seems to consume us! Ultimately, it requires us to understand the "subtle nuances" in relationships on several levels. To understand human nature. Change. And love. Comprehending the "subtext" that the CVs have laid out for us so poignantly only makes this "epic" tale that much more significant for all of us! You are pivotal-a cornerstone-in helping us synthesize all that we see...You give us such brilliance each and everyday, without fail. Life happens but in spite of your busy schedule, you never falter in delivering what you promise! Ever.

You have served as motivation for many to write and "say" their piece. You've encouraged all of us to share our thoughts and think "beyond" the norm. Yes, all this for a show. But who said this is "just a show, and yours is just analysis?"😊

To have created such a multi-sensorial space where we can read, see, hear, write, and even "feel" what we see on-screen is a testament to the power of words and audiovisuals. A seeming justification for every emotion that we carry with us even after we are done watching an episode. And its only gotten better over time. Since that day in February when you posted Crooner 1, to the eve of your 100th masterpiece, every one of your works has been nothing short of magnificent in integrating this sensorial platform. Your creativity within the Crooners is a note in and of itself. Amazingly flawless VMs--how can I forget "Piya Tora Kaisa Abhimaan"-where you so beautifully portrayed Khushi's pain through Gulzar's poetry and Mudgal's soulful voice? Or your spectacular, soul-stirring verses of the "Evening Fireflies"--inspiration for all things Jugnu on the show!! Not to mention those gorgeous picture collages which transport us to another realm the minute we set our eyes on them. And every quote...chosen meticulously to give us a glimpse into what is to come in each of your posts. If only the literary masters could read your work!!

I have always said yours is a gift which needs to be shared with the world. In all honesty, the forum is a miniscule platform for your insights. I only hope I have the pleasure of reading your words for a long time to come. I came here because of the show and this new home, but what I cherish the most is having you as a friend! Thank you for everything you've given me and all our pals here, Priya! My words of appreciation don't do you justice at all! CONGRATULATIONS, SWEETHEART! Let the good times roll!!!πŸ₯³πŸ₯³

πŸ€—πŸ€—πŸ€—~Anjali😊

VM Flashback - one of Priya's most beautiful!

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kg1K74gD7Yc&feature=plcp[/YOUTUBE]

Hi Priya πŸ€—

IF and crooner go hand in hand for me. Like many others, the crooner is the first post I look for every single day and then spend all my time hanging around at the crooner. I really appreciate all the efforts you put in to getting the crooner out day after day. I know its a tiring job to do but I commend the hard work and your dedication that goes behind making each crooner a masterpiece. Your posts are always filled with positivity. You always ensure your views on the characters and storyline are balanced and unbiased. You show us light when we lose hope. There has not been a single post that has left me disappointed.

I want to thank you for creating this special place for all of us, welcoming me into this beautiful space and for spreading happiness throughout this thread πŸ€— πŸ€—. I am looking forward to reading many many more crooners πŸ˜ƒ

Love,

Nishita

100 photos of BS for Priya and her 100th Crooner!

Credits: Kalpana

archanan14 thumbnail

Credits: Beena Di

I Hope It is not Good bye

We were going about our business,
Impressed by our busyness,
Eating our dosas and our samosas,
Saying Hello to the gals and the fellas,
Thinking life is great,
Nothing to complain,
Nothing to tax the brain,
We've achieved! we've earned!
We're mellow, we're chilled
'

When suddenly we felt Unchilled, Unmellow, Unnerved!
Our complacency was disturbed.
A glow appeared,
A voice was heard,
"O ye that are so chilled, Arise!
Now's not the moment to feel refrigerated.
Get heated , Get invigorated.
Enjoy the glow, Dance the passion,
Soar on the wings of your imagination,
Tremble with the shivers of the mysterious,
Laugh hysterically at the hilarious,
Come away from your corners of the world,
Walk a new bridge, try this new space,
Walk a new pace.
So we did'

O, Priya, we're glad we did.
We're glad we took a break from our usual waltz
And tried this new dance'with the Crooner!
With the Crooner, you've transported us
To a magical realm.
We're now in a Show within a Show,
As we wait breathlessly for the next edition
In breathless anticipation
Of the Crooner's revelry!
There's definitely no going back
To the monotony
Of our lives before the Crooner!
Hail Queen Priya, Queen of the Show that you Survey!
A small token of my love.
Beena

Dearest Priya,
Congratulations to you girl,you hit the century thought only Dhoni and Sachin could.
You know friendship is like peeing on yourself. Everyone can see it only you get the warm feeling that it brings.Thank you for bringing warmth in my life with your crooner.
You have bought your optimism , enthusiasm , pizzazz to the forum. You have the right Kodak to capture the essence of each episode for us.
Your thread is alive for an important reason...none of us takes life seriously, nobody gets out alive anyway.
The success is always under construction, But I would rather walk with a friend in the dark than alone at night.
I have met some amazing and talented women at the Crooner thanks to you.
Anjali and Shweta you two were my inspiration to write the poem love you dearly.
Anu, Sejal and Nishi thanks to take me on a tour to the place where most of the time you'll reside.
Archu thanks to you to jump start the oxidation process in my brain where rust collected over several years.
Thanks to Suba, Ishii, Sudha and Divya to listen to my pravachan .
Suvi dear thanks for always supporting me in defending our man . Love you girl.
Khushi, Indrani Di, Ghandari , Sri , Avni and Shivani for always having good words to say and supporting me.
Thank you Kalpana for bringing color in my life.
A big Hug to my dear friends Shalu and Zoha for making my weekends enjoyable.
Friend ( C) you know I love you
Beena Di

A special dedication from a special friend!

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=El_jgCmL_k0&feature=youtu.be[/YOUTUBE]

Priya jaan...100th Crooner...Wow.

I will define IPKNND as a "Celebration of Relationships"...both On-screen and Off screen...I love the cast of IPK on-screen and I love the Crooner and the buddies off-screen..I love the relationships and bond between each characters and I love the bond among Crooner buddies...
I am grateful to you for making me a part of the Crooner and giving me such wonderful friends...who not only used to discuss the story, but supported me during my tough times...
It is indeed a celebration of friendship for me...You made an introvert like me talk, your words of encouragement help me write posts...
Your quotes...You know how much I love them..some made me happy, some made me think...some healed me... and some enriched me...Thank you so much for the Crooner...It another phase of life for me...

You were born with potential.
You were born with goodness and trust.
You were born with ideals and dreams.
You were born with greatness.
You were born with wings.
You are not meant for crawling, so don't.
You have wings.
Learn to use them and fly. - Rumi

And here is my Wish upon a star...Oh Lord, please make Priya rethink her decision. IPK won't be IPK without her Crooner..

Jaan...I know the time constraints. We just need a quote daily... and don't forget We Love you...

- Sudha

archanan14 thumbnail

Credits: Suba

Priya, heartiest congratulations on 100th crooner. πŸ‘

I would like to take this opportunity to share a few words with my buddies. When I joined this forum I used to visit priya's post quite often. And one thing I understood about d writer was her immense love for d show. Then slowly when I started commenting on this thread I was amazed at her dedication, when crooner started it was another feeling'IPK moved to more dramatic level and a major dramatic turn of events in my life. I decided to leave d job'for d first time donning d hat of homemaker and I knew it's a different role altogether.

Priya I thank you from d bottom of my heart for providing me this oxygen of MY CHOICE in my life. I cant tell you how refreshing is this crooner. As IPK was not enough I got into this addiction too. Sorry sorry no addiction its meditation(effects of IF plagiarism)πŸ˜†πŸ˜†. Apart from persuing my favourite show with detailed analysis, symbolism and lotsa offscreen mango, it enriches me sometime intrigues too'so many view points..so many different style of writing and point of views, vms, gif' omg so many new terms to learn. Actually am learning every moment here'

When you refer to paradox, I remember Dickens, you quote neruda, I remember poetry workshop at CU. Thanks for making me revisit my university days.

I was taken aback by d warmth you exude when I cme back frm holidays and posted something on d crooner the first response I got was frm you saying tomar kotha bhavchilum( I was thinking about you) aww that was so sweet. Immediately crooner became my home in d forum.

i was apprehensive about joining a forum I would be interacting with faceless, nameless ppl. but look at now I have lotsa frnds in mumbai, all over India and across seven seas too. you all r a part of my life. though I stay in mumbai which is not my home town still I don't feel alone anymore.

I love d posts, vms, kalpana's pic, checking out each others siggies, lotsa chats, me going to gutter with PB and Nish, priya's effort to keep us afloat, our daily morn hello hi to our goodnight bye bye. The more I became closer to priya, spoke to ppl who knows you for little longer I am surprised to know your schedule. Take a bow girl how do you manage so many things'.i mean your days are of 36 hours or what?? I am very bad in time management so you know where its coming from.

Talking about 100th crooner I have to talk about my buddies:πŸ€—

My bong connection: Khushi, gandhari, soni and indranidi: you all don't know what a big smile you bring back with your posts starting with Mou.

Beena, who makes me feel so at home

My gutter sis PB, Nish

My sms buddy Suvi

My sweet sis, Ishii, divs, archu, sudha,shivani any more chota bacchhas around???

My pink magician Kalpana

Ppl whom I trouble most with my pms Shwetha and Anjali

My early morn partner Sri and Avni

Zoha who was d first one who wanted to know me personally( don't know whether she is reading this long post)

Don't worry its not an end speech of film fare that I would thank my radio partner too.

Ok I guess I said enough'. A big big huggy from me.

Keep crooning dear'.it means a lot to me.

this one is for you...managed after much hardshipπŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

- Anu

congratulations Priya on the 100th crooner...πŸ˜ƒ

unlike most of the amazingly creative people in this space I am not very good with my words...but I THANK U with all my heart πŸ€—for creating this beautiful & positive place ...Initially I used to just silently appreciate ur posts but after ur assurances of welcome for all I started commenting & then slowly making posts...Love ur balanced insights into the track...

Love all my other crooner buddiesπŸ€—this space gives me the much needed break from my daily stress...love interacting with u all...my day is incomplete without visit the crooner & talking to u all...may the crooner continue for long
Love u all...πŸ€—

- Sri

A favourite song for many - and a perfect VM - by, of course, Priya!

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mp8M_zBOYHM&feature=plcp[/YOUTUBE]

Phan-gurling Crooner

Dec 2011: I joined IF with one and only reason to find out more about IPK. I literally felt like I'm standing at a crossroad with multiple branching πŸ˜•

So many opinions some pure cacophony 🀒and some really great but too preachy😲'I was looking desperately for a thread with balance where the discussion was about the episode from in-depth analysis to pure fun with one important criterion: ability to take difference in opinion as an adult . I had the harrowing experience of offending a poster by supporting ASR to the point that she said my "type" women give too much leeway to men!!😑😑

'.oh I did reply her !😈

'.But that left me with a bad taste and I resorted to being a silent reader.

Then I happened to find some threads (not Crooner) of someone called "Honeypriya' really interesting. And then one day the magic of Crooner touched me. Don't remember the Crooner number or the episode it was based on but remember it had a theme of weekly Dinner menu. Very unique! With one important ingredient: a key. A key to decode IPK cryptic scenes. Bingo I hit the jackpot!

I scouted the forum everyday to find the Crooner and then after months of reading one day had the courage to write a few lines. Priya acknowledged it and responded. Then my real life habit of joining an active discussion forced me to write a paragraph long post with a "Gandhari" at the bottom to try break the ice . "Welcome Gandhari, I'm Anjali" was the 1st welcome. Followed by a bunch of welcomes.

Phew! Since then Crooner has been my 'home' in IF.

I'm not one of those creative geniuses we see daily here at the Crooner. So my contribution to the 100th Crooner is my observation about the people I interact with regularly in the Crooner. The ones who add to the entertainment quotient or attraction quotient :

Priya: the quintessential Crooner Queen'more like bzz bzz queen bee who somehow manages with so little sleep and yet come up with the same brilliance everyday in her writing. First one to notice Barun's need for a haircutπŸ˜†'.some people in the forum thought she's Barun's wife Pashmeen, hence we call ASR as her 'swami'. She is the perfect concoction of insightful thinking, objective writing style, lots of positivity and a dash of PhanGurl which sort of defines the USP of the Crooner.

Anjali: the philosophical one'her posts reflects a calm personality with the thinking depth similar to our hero's English namesake 'ocean''.her pinch hitting during Priya's break left a lot of us awestruckπŸ‘

Indi : the 'wordsmith' as coined by Anjali'in her signature all lowercase writing she weaves the magic that makes you visualize vividly anything she describes 'her favorite subject though is ASR, the one with attitude!πŸ˜‰

Shweta : the poetess with a touch of Jhansi ki Rani'whose fiery gif kicks could throw her erstwhile 'Swami' Shyam into oblivion.

Chotey: our savvy MOM queen who shows equal panache in whipping up lyrics remix in a sec

Kalpana: she always finds the perfect lyrics to go with some creative pic collages for every episode and still finds time to make us custom IPK pic siggies'the ones you see in this thread with our names are all Kalpana's creation.

Archu: writes in such a precise style that it never fails to amaze me.

Nishita and Anu: self-described gutter sistersπŸ˜†'.who are the 1st to notice *ahem* things or suggest endless possibilities which crack me up. Two of the people with best sense of humor in the Crooner.πŸ‘

Sri : our resident OB/GYN with witty one liners'she has promised to be on call the day Khushi goes into labor'we hope with enough smelling salts for the fainting ASR and ear plugs ( possibility of hearing 1000+ khushi/tum theek ho?/do something dammit/I'm so sorry khushi for putting you through this etc)

Beena: the wise one with a touch of sweetness who tries to always welcome new posters 'she's also one of those people who religiously comment on write ups

Sejal: has surprising ability to find the perfect GIFs to express what she feels

Divya: sweet baby of the crooner'.love her "di" always and her ability to scout the forum for posts that range from funny to downright outrageous and entertain us

Soni and Khushi: my bong connection (we're all Bengalis) who I'm getting to know more...amazing writers

Hoping to get to know some brilliant writers: Suvi, Subics, Sudhanya, Avni , Shivani and Ishi some more as we bump into each other more often.πŸ€—

Together you make Crooner THE happening place for me in IF. Thank you phanngurls! Love you all! Here's to 100th Crooner and hoping for atleast 100 more!

[Disclaimer: This is a very personal reflection of my fangirling in Crooner. So if you don't like anything here, please PM me... don't express your displeasure in this celebratory thread. I may have inadvertently missed some names which in the words of ASR 'Main jaan bujhke nahin.." kiya... so chappals et al that only I deserve, please PM me]

- Gandhari

archanan14 thumbnail

Credits: Archana

"hai re nand kissore!"

with those words invoking the ultimate consciousness began the most dabangg serial of our times, to borrow a word from the universe's very first crooner.
on 13 february 2012, honeypriya wrote her synopsis on the episode she'd just seen, she'd loved the whole shebang, she named her post as you see above and put it up on india-forums in the iss pyaar ko kya naam doon pages.

today, on 14 july 2012 we are all getting ready for crooner 100. and honeypriya is the our most favourite priya in the whole wide world.
"arnav singh raizada ka nishana kabhi nahin chookta."
the first words spoken by the man who'd leave us dizzy and unconscious.

100. because priya's crooners never ever missed the mark. and more and more phangurrls just fell in love with it. the crooners kept coming. i visited the first time on a bleak day when it looked like even chanting "hey devi maiyya" a million times wouldn't restore heavenliness to iss pyaar ko. as i read through i started to grin. i turned the pages and was astounded by the giggle, chatter, ribbing, cribbing, analysis, no paralysis, and cool i found there. that was crooner 53 - cough cough. by crooner 73: messages... do peep in, i was addicted, no other word for it.

she said: hum tab se sabko samjhane ki koshish kar rahein hain ki humey kuch nahin pata, hum yahan galati se aa gaye the, dekhiye please humey ghar jane dijiye... humey... humey bahut der ho rahi hai.

he said: jawab de do, aur chali jao.

many of us might have come here by chance or even galati a la miss khushi kumari gupta on that magical day they met, but now, even if priya says "chali jao," we're here to stay. can't imagine my day without quick dashes to the latest crooner. office, bus, home, restaurant, i take my crooner along with me everywhere; thanks to my other ultimate man mr steve jobs's little creation, the iphone.

"pehle do kadam chalna seekho, phir mooh kholna," thus spake the suited man in a temple.

priya, i have no idea where you learnt to take your do kadam in thinking, analysing, putting your thoughts cogently together, and writing. or how you do it so consistently five days a week. this week it will be six days, right? but you do it with such aplomb and energy, i am floored. if i kholo my mooh, it is only to praise.

"har kaam tum khud nahi kar sakti."

"haan, hum kar saktey hain, bilkul kar saktey hain."

"tum theek ho?"

what has been really wonderful about crooner and its maker, is the extreme generosity and welcome extended to all here. here's a pretty rare space where everyone is free to share their thoughts without any fear of being ridiculed, there's no pressure to conform, and everyone is of equal importance. all phangurrls are created equal, 23 or 52, tall slim and fair or short dumpy and curly haired, engineer, doctor, trader, it czar, housewife, secretary, dancer, cook, whatever. oh, we are still looking for a lawyer, anyone out there? priya, i love the fact that you instinctively understood that more the contributors, more the fun, cool, and value of crooner. there's no need to do everything by yourself. but you do the most important thing. you lead the thought and prod us into thinking madly.

"ar-nav-ji?"

"hmm?"

thank you also for giving us a space to swoon over the boy. within crooner guidelines of course. 😳

"waise achha hua mein gaya... pata to chala ki mujhe kitna miss kiya jata hai."

i often feel, one day we'll really get to appreciate the value of this thread. pata chalega how significant all these crazy conversations have been. it will likely become vibrant and invaluable material for research in communications, new media, the contemporary woman, her new cadence, her new confidence in discussing men, oh many subjects. and why one day? today itself i read discussions on how crooner was influencing the choices of a certain gh and his team. way to go, dear priya.

congratulations, mazal tov, badhai ho, dear dear priya on your 100th baby. may your crooners remain strong, happy, healthy, and always ready to roll.

you have immensely added to my enjoyment of iss pyaar ko kya naam doon.
i will leave you with a few words that make all of us smile.

"what if i lost you?"

"farq padta hai, kyonki..!"

"dekhiye yeh hamari awaaz nahin hai.""matlab haan, hamare naam mein bhi 'a' hai... khushi kumaaari guptaaa - aaa."

"hamara dupatta chhoriye."
"kyon?"

"jo main karoonga, kya tum wo kar paaogi?... lagi shart?"

"mujhe is duniya se koi matlab nahin, meri asli duniya to aap ho."

"bas! jab hum kono decijan le levat hai, to hum apni bhi nahin sunat hain."

"khushi, kya kiya tumhare mangetar ne? did he try to hurt you?"

"ham drama nahin kar rahein hain, dhaga humey zabardasti thamna pada, humari marzi nahin thi lekin ab jo bandh diya hai to..."

still my favourite
"jab tum mere pas hoti ho, to tumhare dil ki dhadkano ke saath saath, meri dil ki dhadkaney bhi tez ho jaate hain... humari dhakaney... ek ho jaate hain. jo tum mehsoos karti ho, wo main mehsoos karta hoon... humari dhadkane ek ho jaate hain.

and with that
hello hi bye bye

- Indi

A big big BIGGG Congratulations to everyone for successfully completing a century!! πŸ˜ƒ

Crooner is now my virtual home away from home. I joined in quite late after the half century of crooner. But journey from then has been wonderful. Thank you everyone for welcoming me with so much warmth.. Its sheer joy to come here everyday and share your thoughts. From sharing such in-depth knowledge to having fultoo phan gurlism moments... This place has it all. And I'm proud to be a part of it.

IPK has been such a craze from the beginning... But that craze has multiplied infinite folds due to Crooner. We love, we hate... We criticize, we praise... We laugh, we cry... For the show, with each other. The fun just increases tremendously.

Don't have much words to describe the feeling... But I'm very happy to be a part of something which makes life more enjoyable and watching the show more fun.

Hope to see Crooner marking a double century in future.. I would not want to think of it not being there the next morning I wake up..

Love you all and this place very much..
Let the celebrations begin

- Shivani

My journey with the crooner:

I was a silent reader of every crooner since the start, just one comment now n then till like two months ago! I hated reading long posts n also writing one! But one day accidentally started reading all the comments on the crooner n had so much fun that I started posting more than one comment on the crooner! N I remember the day I broke that record in the crooner no 74!!! From then on I became a frequent visitor, only few comments then too but after the anniversary celebrations of IPKKND, I'm on the crooner completely, almost 24X7!!!!

It may sound that I'm exaggerating everything, but believe me I've turned a complete optimist!! The positivity we have in the crooner, it made me think positively in each n every aspect of my life!!!

I feel so proud to be the part of the crooners!! I met many wonderful here- Priya di, Chotey ji, Anu di, Shweta di, Soni di, Beena di, Archu di, Indi di, Khushi di, Anjali di, Nishi di, Suvi di, Suba di, Sri di, Sanju, Shivani di, Gandhari di, Avni di, Sej di, Sudha di, riti, sorry if I missed any names!!πŸ˜’ I know I'm very bad at this one but still trying to write something!!😳

Adha Adha aapse seekha

Positive rehna ka tareeka

Timepass aap nahi, meri aadat hai aap

I love u all!!!!! πŸ€— πŸ€— πŸ€—

(Adha coz the remaining adha i learnt from my engineering life!!πŸ˜†)

Thank you Priya di for creating the parallel world called crooner!! N everyone else for accepting me as one of the phangurlss!!!πŸ€— Hope the crooner completes more centuries!!!! Party time now!!!!! πŸ₯³ πŸ₯³πŸ₯³ πŸ₯³

- Divya

Priya,

The beauty of life is that sometimes, when it's in an exceptionally good mood, it presents you with unexpected little drops of joy as a beautiful surprise. Joys that you didn't know existed but soon becomes an integral part of your life.

Your Crooner is one such lovely surprise that life gave me' completely unexpected but such a magnificent gift! And today, on this very special day for all your crooner buddies and I hope, also for you my Queen Bee'I wanted to share with you how I embarked on this wonderful journey of finding friends and sharing mind and a little bit of the heart.

I was a silent reader on this forum for a quite some time, trying to find a place that appealed to my sensibilities. Then one very fine day, I stumbled upon your crooner and was amazed by the quality of the post, the intelligent discussions and the camaraderie between the members. It was such a lovely place in this vast forum that I was hooked.. a silent reader of your post and mostly stuck to the 'Like' Button.

It was one such exceptional crooner & episode, that I couldn't help myself and clicked on "Reply Post' Button. I still remember writing, that the lovely crooner made me want to croon a little today J!

Then after 2 posts on 2 consecutive Crooners and an introduction to you and Anjali..I couldn't trace the crooner for a couple of days. And I searched, looking for a glimpse, an peek into that experience of reading intelligent & thoughtful insights laced with a smile & positivity.

May the good Lord bless Anjali forever (I will be eternally grateful to Anjali for this favour ' that she PMed me and hunt me down to re-welcome me into this sanctuary. Miss interacting with you more often Anjali. πŸ˜’)

And I was back..into a haven where opinions were shared respectfully yet honestly, people had fun, they swooned, they giggled like teenaged fangurlz, went Woodwa Ve (i hope you like the surprise from one of our buddiesπŸ˜‰) but turned contemplative when required. Bong toh.. tai intelligence & articulation, wit, insights ei shob ektoo beshiii bhalo lagey.. Amar Nijer nei ak phontao, but appreciate kortey besh laagey).

I think your crooners have helped me, provoked me to understand the serial at multiple levels I had always felt the show had the layered potential to peel off and appreciate the diverse nuances that I admired but couldn't always confirm with anyone. Your crooners not only provided that platform Priya but encouraged me to think of other angles that I would have missed. The chess theory is an immediate one I can think of. Not something my limited grey cells would ordinarily throw up.

I loved IPK a little more through your crooners Priya. Loved it's characters more, appreciated the story, was able to reconfirm my instincts on its technicalities, loved Nani, Buaji, Mami, Amma, Lakshmi & HP πŸ˜† through your posts. I always loved Anjali, Khushi & ASR. But got into the actors like Akshay, Abhash, Daljeet, SI & BS through giggling & slightly insane conversations on Crooners.🀣

And the buddies I found here, was an extra joy, another surprise gift that Life shared with me. Every single PM, message, chat & call has given a nice sigh-worthy moment.

Thank you Priya for all these lovely experiences & Memories that you gave me in my journey with IPK, I do hope you decide to continue. I am not sure what I will do without this. I told you at the beginning of my message..this is a gift I didn't earn, but now a part of life without which my IPK addiction is quite unthinkable now.

It's your space Priya ' so you do what your heart and mind together tells you to do' but my humble request, be open to the idea of being convinced otherwise too πŸ˜›πŸ˜‰

Below is a song I thought of while I was writing this dedication, this mambo jumbo, the usual unstructured scrambled thoughts ... ..somehow just a favourite and something I would feel if the crooner wasn't there from Monday! (No Pressure Priya.. 'Yeah you wish πŸ˜›πŸ₯Ί)

[YOUTUBE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HBKcAc8VpIw[/YOUTUBE]

Cheers Girl' Congratulations on your 100th Crooner. Your hard work, dedication & commitment for every Crooner just Dazzles me!! Onek onek virtual hugs Babes.

Khoosi. 😊

Credits: Archana
archanan14 thumbnail

Credits: Ishii

A special something for you Priya... Apologise for the voice quality! πŸ˜•

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AcXDHedwF_U&feature=youtu.be[/YOUTUBE]

A number of thanks are due here:

First and foremost Shweta - the backbone of this entire post... That's her beautiful themes post you see above, and she's been spending sleepless nights to get the index together and to review this thread. Shwe, jaan, you are our rock!

Next Suba, who is always available for consultation, calls and ideas! Her beautiful collages added to the feel of this post!

Ishii, who is our resident darling - she patiently put together the collages of pictures from the Crooners!

Suvi, who is a great sounding board and such a calming influence - and apparently quite a cool collage maker as well!

Anjali, who got us kick started on this with her collage and her write up - the enthu just flowed after that!

Beena Di, who has been so forthcoming with ideas, and always ready to cut across time difference to make this post better!

Shy, whose amazing VM is on the main post - it was a special request on our part and we are very thankful to her for the VM!

Kalpana - her collage of 100 pictures was just completely *thud thud* - everyone of us who saw it just fell in love with it!

Sejal, who collected all the videos from across the Crooners for the post - it was her idea to put in the videos, which really added to the posts!

Everyone who has contributed here - all the write ups that have come in - Anu, Sudha, Indi Di, Gandhari, Khushi, Nishita, Shivani, Sri, Divya - thanks for patiently putting up with multiple PMs and sending in your stuff so promptly!

And finally to the lady herself - whose quotes, pictures and VMs we have used so liberally... Love you Priya - and we are so proud of you for reaching this landmark!

Ladies, it's PARTY TIME!!! πŸ₯³πŸ₯³πŸ₯³

shwetachauhan thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3

Deba .. this is a special dedication to you on this special day!! And it is also for all my darlings here!!! 😊

Your Crooner is your labor of love.. and you let us all share in it!! This that you see below is my labor of love, and I want all of us to share in it too.. Photography, my passion!

Here's for your Arnav.. in its hues and tints and shades..

A little to share in this special day for all of us!! And to let you know that I love you!! ❀️

Yes.. Congratulations to you for coming this far, and staying strong all along! When we started, I never actually thought we would be celebrating the 100th someday.. but here we are!! And am I glad!! You know better!!

Thank you Deba.. for giving us such joy, such excitement, such fun, everyday! Thank you for all your efforts, your hard work, your passion, your time!! Thank you for all your love!! ❀️

Thank you also for giving me this special place where I have met these beautiful, rocking, admirable, feisty, fiery, talkative, fun loving, emotional, romantic, creative, talented, amazing girls.. all special in their own ways!! Life is just so much more happening!! Love you all!! ❀️

Edited by shwetachauhan - 12 years ago
archanan14 thumbnail
I have no clue where the journey even began... sometimes it feels like yesterday, and other times it feels like forever! I do recall though a decision made - to rarely come back to a forum that was ready to take off on everything and everyone - and for a person who loves the show completely, and loves both Arnav and Khushi madly and deeply, it was really hurtful after a point! 🀒

I had seen a gang of girls though, who seemed to be as madly in love with the show as me... and the best of all, they had a sense of humour about the whole thing, to boot! Most of them were commenting on posts made by "honeypriya". Now she was one of the hot shots of the forum - and here I was: an apprehensive, confused soul who just wanted a place in which I could be proud of the fact that I love this show without having to justify what, who, why and how! And so I tentatively sent her a buddy request so that she could send me PMs when she updated her writing... and she accepted - such joy! πŸ‘πŸΌ

Suddenly then the Crooner became my home on IF - for all kinds of passionate discussion, analytical calm thinking, madcap writing and joyous idiotic spamming... And it didn't matter what you thought and loved or hated - so far as you expressed yourself properly and correctly. People here have such varying opinions, and yet this post holds together! We are all from different places, different backgrounds, different situations in life - and yet we just gel together - somehow, somewhere - in the love for this space and this show. In some ways the Crooner is like our show - some drama, some action, some comedy, some romance, some horror, some sentiment, some thriller... and complete unending fun!

Priya - you have a special talent girl... Your writing is just brilliant - and I am enthralled by the quotes you manage to pull out everyday. You make me think, and you make me laugh - and it's not anyone who can do both! There is magic created when you put pen to paper (or keys to cursor?) - a magic which is exceeded only by those two, who kill us with their chemistry on weekdays for 24 minutes from 8pm onwards . It's a pleasure to read your posts everyday - like I told you before, even if I come to Crooner for 15 minutes - they are the best 15 minutes I end up spending in the day (again, other than between 8 and 8.25! πŸ˜†)

Also never did I ever think that people I met on an online forum to discuss a TV show, could become like a second family to me - could become some of the best friends that I've ever made, even if I haven't met them... A day cannot go by for me without speaking to them - I get so restless! They are people I turn to in moments of joy and sorrow, who I share with and who share with me, who have my back when it's needed, who make my days that much brighter, just knowing that they are there. Thank you to the Crooner - for these extremely special people in my life for whom I am eternally thankful every day! A big shout out to my darlings! πŸ€—

Alright, bahut ho gaya senti - I will end my post here! Hope you all enjoy the thread!! 😳