REVIEW: Dil Tou Bhatkay Ga - Geo

chaha_khan thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago

Dil tou bhatkay ga, is a good name to me at least. This is the only thing that attracted me towards this drama, which is set in the back drop of a haveli, revolving around a family of Thakurs and all. This GEO TV presentation is aimed at a different section of viewers.

The serial deals with extra marital affairs, prostitution and the feelings going inside a woman. Well, I must say it is a very difficult topic to present, so, bravo to the makers. The serial has its own loyal fan base.

It tells the story of three brothers and their wives. The story takes a turn when the elder brother dies, and his wife, played by Resham, is left alone. The family wants him to marry her devar, for the sake of keeping the property, but the story takes a turn when she ends up giving birth to someone else's, the servant's, child.

The serial, I agree, must have been a difficult one to write. Asghar Nadeem Syed does a good job, but at places loses the grip. I must mention some scenes, like the introduction of Natasha's character, or the initial pain suffered by Resham is written well. The dialogues are strong to weak. Some are really hard hitting, and brave. I personally liked the definition of a wife that was given by Natasha's character. Ditto!

The serial has a strong beginning but then things start going haywire. Mehwish Hayat's track is one thing that had a potential to attract eyeballs, but it goes downhill midway. It could've been the highlight of the serial. The whole servant's, Shamoon Abbasi's, track also gets irritating at times. The make-up was necessary to add, but it hurts your after a point of time. From storyline point of view, it holds your interest to a certain point.

I personally found Natasha's character really attractive and waited for it to play a major role, but unfortunately it just never happened. The character stopped growing after a point. Resham's storyline is a mess. This is one serial where side-tracks over-shadow the main one. Sad!

Directed by Haseeb Hassan, this one has sparked on various controversies, but is it worthwatching? Well, not really. This isn't for the masses, and this does not mean it is for the intellectuals. There lies a thin line, somewhere in between.

The Production values look hazy too, at times, which come as a surprise. Resham plays the lead role, and looks the part, but her role is weak. There are no layers to it. It is simplya boring character, but the actress does justice to it. Mohib Mirza is strong. The actor has a great personality, and talent that someone needs to unearth. Aijaz Aslam gets less screen time (thankfully). Asad Malik is okay in a cameo, whereas Natasha gets a chance to steal the show, mainly because of the powerful, and easy to like-hate character she got, bu then she goes overboard at times. This is Natasha for you!

Mahwish Hayat is taking giant leaps as an actress. She is great in this one once again. Saba Faisal is good, but her dialogue delivery could've been better. Aiman Tariq is very expressive, and does her role well. Shamoon Abbasi irritates. A few kids I know were even scared looking at him (true story!). The rest of the cast, huge cast, is okay.

Over all, this is not your run-of-the-mill kind of serial. It has a different, weird, strange, and odd story to tell, and the director takes the brave step of telling it bravely. But is the serial entertaining? Well, it lies somewhere in between; starts off well and then loses steam. Not a must watch, but if you're watching it then try finishing.

Ratings:+1/4

http://www.tvkahani.com/reviews/dil-tou-bhatkay-ga-review-geo.html

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

it amazes me how u manage to analyse all these shows!! Do you actually watch all of them?:O
And what is up with geo...itne bold dramas:/
Thanks for the review:)) i was wondering what this drama is all abt, thanks to u its clear now...enjoyed reading!
cutestar thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
I must say this drama deserves more than those ratings !
It is actually a VERY good drama once you get into it. Dare I say one of my favourites from the ones on air right now. I would watch this over maata e jan on a friday.

yes it is bold but I've liked it and found the story to be somewhat different. Especially how Resham's character unveiled. BUTinteresting what Yasmeen is saying. Granted she has done wrong with that Jano guy but what her husband used to do wasn't good either but then women are always blamed and it is about finding out the circumstances that led her to do what she did... The story has picked up in recent weeks too 😉

One criticism is of the Mehwish hayat track. It had a lot of potential to develop but has become sort of dead. If her bf has found out why doesn't he dump her ? and are her parents asleep , do they have no idea where she goes ?

Resham's acting is impressive though and I love the title song, it's sung nicely

51559 thumbnail
Adult drama.. concept is very bold.. Not a family drama.. !
cutestar thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
^ Thats true too.
I guess I'm used to watching dramas on my laptop so it's not a big deal for me but yeah you can't watch it with family... too bold topics

Taify thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: _QueenofHearts_

it amazes me how u manage to analyse all these shows!! Do you actually watch all of them?:O

And what is up with geo...itne bold dramas:/
Thanks for the review:)) i was wondering what this drama is all abt, thanks to u its clear now...enjoyed reading!

Well not all.. it becomes difficult!

Originally posted by: cutestar

I must say this drama deserves more than those ratings !
It is actually a VERY good drama once you get into it. Dare I say one of my favourites from the ones on air right now. I would watch this over maata e jan on a friday.

yes it is bold but I've liked it and found the story to be somewhat different. Especially how Resham's character unveiled. BUTinteresting what Yasmeen is saying. Granted she has done wrong with that Jano guy but what her husband used to do wasn't good either but then women are always blamed and it is about finding out the circumstances that led her to do what she did... The story has picked up in recent weeks too 😉

One criticism is of the Mehwish hayat track. It had a lot of potential to develop but has become sort of dead. If her bf has found out why doesn't he dump her ? and are her parents asleep , do they have no idea where she goes ?

Resham's acting is impressive though and I love the title song, it's sung nicely

actually, if u go to the website u will see it has almost 3 stars =)
The person who posted it didnt post the ratings correctly here