Meharbano aur Shahbano (HUM)Review

chaha_khan thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago

Review
Mehar Bano aur Shah Bano is the story of two sisters played by Mahnoor and Mona Lizza. When I first saw the promo of thisserial, I was interested. Why? Simplybecause It had two beautiful girls, and thenawabi setting. I thought we'd see a story based in haveli about something different, but what we got was truly different, in a very negative way.
The serial tells the story of two sisters who live in a village with their family. Life takes turn when their greedy brother sells the haveli to a businessman,Faraz(Noman Ijaz), without informing anyone.
Noman Ijaz falls in love with Mehar Bano, who is married to her cousin living abroad, who denies to take her responsibility. Twist in the tale comes when Shah Bano falls in love with Faraz, e ventually eloping home. Story takes a U-Turn with both sisters going their separate ways.
Does the story look different? Well, on paper it might look interesting, but what we see on screen is totally bland falooda. The writer(Seema Ghazal) mixes up all the twists possible to make the story interesting, but it backfires. The initial episodes are gripping with too much happening, but once the sisters elope the story goes downhill, declining to see any improvement.
I was actually very surprised as I had great expectations from Seema Ghazal, who has carved a niche for herself, but she fails and how.
The serial was originally shot few years back, and it looks very obvious. Directed by Faheem Burney, it fails to leave any mark on you. This is yawn worthy thanks to a dull storyline, boring screen play, and stupid twists.
Another thing that ruins it even more is the presence of too many characters. The serial has far too many character roaming around aimlessly, irritating you. A good OST is missing.
Even though at has some of the biggest names in the industry, it is ironic you don't have performances worth talking about. Mahnoor Baloch is acceptable here. This is one of her better performances. Mona Lizza is weak and emotes poorly, but looks pretty neverthe less. Noman Ijaz is there too, and I have no idea why. Why did he accept this role? It offers him nothing. A total waste. Adnan Siddiqui also bores you to death with the mediocare acting.
Hazy editing, good-to-bad dialogues, weak acting, pathetic screenplay, and despicable making ensure this one goes down in the history as one of the worst serialsever made. Please, give this one a miss.

Rating :

http://www.tvkahani.com/WEBSITE/Dramas/meharbano-aur-shahbano/review.html

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

cutestar thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago
good job I didn't watch this one then !