Jannat Say Nikali Hui Aurat (GEO)Review

chaha_khan thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago

I had no interest in this serial, given the low-key promotion. My mother suggested me towatch this one, as it had the rona dhona(she loves it) and all. I did my research and turned out this is GEO's answer to ARY's Maaye Ni. A lot is riding on this one. So, let's see how it fares.
JSNHA is the story of Sabiha(Sameena Pirzada). The lady has a fun relationship with her husband Mansoor(Sajid Hasan), who is a loud-mouth, i-don't-know-what-i-am-saying man. The couple is living happily when due to a misunderstanding; Mansoor divorces Sabiha in the heat of the moment. The two of them are then left to repent.
Yes, the serial has resemblance to Maaye Ni, as in both the serials the lead character is named "Sabiha", and the bechari maa goes to live with her children-but the similaritiesend just here. JSNHA is nowhere close to Maaye Ni, but it has its own charm. The serial starts off well and you are drawn into the turbulent world of Sabiha and Mansoor. You instantly feel for Sabiha and shed a few tears for her. This portion is brilliantly directed by Yasir Nawaz, who is among one of the most under-rated directors we have today. The director extracts great performances out of everyone, taking care of minute details.
The story(Rabia Razzaque) looks intriguing initially, but then goes downhill due to the lack of twists(or exciting ones…) for e.g: Mansoor Qureshi's angle is totally useless in my opinion; it is written poorly. The dialogues are neat and nice.
I also have one little problem. Why did the channel decide to not promote this one, and when they decided to promote it why did they give away everything in the promotion itself? You watch the first episode and you know what's going to happen next. WEAK!
The OST is okay and the editing is sluggish [understandable]. The serial lacks the crisp,but one of the better qualities of this serial are the very real characters. The woman instead of sobbing goes to work, the bahu is very real and so are the sons. The fake, plactic, imaginal characters are not there which definitely is a big plus.
From acting point of view, Sameena Pirzada shines in her role. The actress gets a meaty role after a long time and does full justice to it. Her crying is controlled and she looks natural. Sajid Hassan does what he has been doing for a while now; and does it well like always. He is a legend.
Mohib Mirza needs to step up. He is a great actor with a great personality, but isn't doing the right kind of roles. Imran Patel is a revealation. He has improved by leaps and bounds and we are surely going to see more of this actor. Aimen Tariq is among one of my favorite newcomers thanks to her effortless portrayal of various roles. She does it easily here too. Natassha doesn't get much to do. Manzoor Qureshi irritates to say the least. It is great seeing Mishi Khan back on screen; she might not suit the role but plays it sincerely.
Over all this is a good time pass. The serial would've been much much better had they incorporated more and better twists in the script. Watch it for the acting if nothing else….

Rating :

http://www.tvkahani.com/WEBSITE/Dramas/jannat-say-nikali-hui-aurat/review.html