Mere Charagar(GEO TV)Review

chaha_khan thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago

Mere Charagar, which is based on the novel of same name, starring some of the biggest names in the business today, is the drama we are dissecting here for you. This 7th SkyProduction hasn't been able to garner the kind of ratings it deserved, thanks to the volcano called Humsafar.

Before continuing with the review, I must mention that I am not a huge fan of having all the big stars in one serial, no matter no strong the characters are.

Now moving on with the serial; this is the story of Abeeha(Ayesha Khan). Abeeha who is madly in love with her cousin, isforced out of her house when a misundertstanding seeds in. She is thenmarried to her cousin Rafay(Ahsan Khan), by her mother. lot. The serial then turns into a roller-coaster ride of emotions, which keeps you entertained and hooked

The serial also has some side-tracks, which truly do not work. The whole Gia Ali track stands like a sore thumb. It actually spoils the happenings, and wasn't required at all. Alishba Yusuf's track is very weak too. How I wish both these were totally avoided(or atleast restricted), as that would've given us a faster-paced serial.

It might have its weaknesses, but the serial also has high-points. The lead character keeps you glued. Ayesha Khan does total justice to the character. Yes, she does look old, but does total justice to it. This is her best performance in recent times. The serial showcases her great talent. I must mention that the actress also looks beautiful.

Ahsan Khan hasn't done anything remarkable recently, and this is another addition to his ever-growing useless characters list. This remarkable talent does play his role well, but doesn't get much to do. Sawera Pasha is the scene stealer. The scene where she breaks down is exceptional.The actress makes you cry.

Javed Sheikh is an asset. The actor has done variety of roles in 2011, and this is another great performance from him. His dialogue delivery is great. Rubina Ashraflooks the part and is great like always. Gia Ali gets nothing to do and move here and there. Shagufta Ijaz is likeable in a small role. Jibran is boring.Alishba is getting better with every role. Saba Faisal and Hashim Rehman are themselves. Azzfarneeds to work on his dialogue delivery.

As far as the script is concerned, it is powerful, but as I had pointed it out earlier; it could've been better if the Gia Ali track was removed as it looks forced. It only gets exciting once she resumes the relationship with Javed Sheikh. The serial might remind you of MZZBN, but it has a soul of its own. The dialogues are powerful. The OST should've been better. The serial surely deserved a better one. The serial has a different look which goes fine with the story.

The editing is okay, but a good BG music is missing. Director, Siraj-ul-Haq, leaves a mark. He tells a simple story, in a very simple way, which works. Rukhsana Nigar hasn't done many changes in the script, and lifts most of the things off her novel.

Over all, there is certain glitches, but this serial is surely better than most of the serials that we have on-air these days. Unfortunately, it didn't live up to the mark, but I am sure you will love it if you are a fan of tragic serials, with strong emotional element.

Rating:

http://www.tvkahani.com/WEBSITE/Dramas/Mere-Charagar/review.html

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

karankittu thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago
The drama just started in the UK. and i love it we're on the second episode!
sounds good.
does she fall in love with ahsan khan or not?
i guessed she'll marry him! Does ahsan khan like her?