Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

slanka thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 12 years ago
I won't call HiM a HYPOCRIT,, it leads me to look in to a different angle of a poor fellow with SHATTERED DREAMS,, HIS WORDS SOUNDED AS IF THOSE CAME FROM HIS DREAM WORLD,,A WORLD OF FANTACY WITH PERFECTION,, but the bitter TRUTH happened to be entangled with the REALITY,, He wishes that everything was fine in his life,,(which never happened) , He wishes there are no Cheaters in the world, he wishes the husbands would love and respect wives and their families,,THAT IS HIS DREAM,, JUST A DREAM ,, HE FEELS WOULD NEVER COME TRUE,, BUT HE ALWAYS WISHES TO BE LIVED IN.

He is the same poor boy who suffered since childhood, the same guy who was aftraid of certain things (marriage,losing his sister,death of near ones) due to his past experiences,,an
d today ,,he is the same man who is at the verge of the ruining of his only dreams,, so it sounds as if those words uttered ( seems as a preach without practising) came out of a pure heart,, as if he blubbered his heart's feeling in his dream-- The way he wishes to be...

He always loved his family , respected his wife in his own way,,
THINK...
he never tolerated anyone insulting her (remember how he spoke to those women who came to give blessings to the newly wed bride) ,
he was always protective and possesive towards her(diwali- when an unknown man was trying to dance with her,,he became very angry and possesive)
he doesn't even bear anyone looking at her (Nk looking at her loosen outfit)
he doesn't bear anyone misbehave with her( beating the goons - Nanital)
he cannot see her tears,, he would go beyond his principles to make her happy (saying sorry)
he always cares of her public reputation (Heer-Ranjha)

he is not ready to accept any insult towards his in-laws (Does recent GH track prove that although he is not ready to forgive her and make her his wife, but he has already believes in the relationship that he has become the son in law of GH?)
He couldn't stand the groom's party insulting his in laws and their kith and kin.

IT SEEMS,,
HE may be believing in his words..but something (MU) drags him back and prevent him from practicing this preach..he is repenting time to time as he is not able to put this in to practice,,,as if it reflects ---if there had been no MU, he would have easily practiced this preach..

On the other hand , this may be the scars of his old wound,, what he wished his brother in law would be,, what he wished every husband would be ,after undergoing the unbearable sorrow of mishap with his only world- Anjali di & Kushi

If there comes a day he realizes his MU, then ther will be no hurdles or boundaries for him to show how to respect her ( and her family),but alas!! till he cleares this MU his heart will keep fighting over the practice and preach.

All these are because of love,, hate is also playing one aspect of this love-- embraced with jealousy of not letting anyone owe which he believes is his!! He behaves with her in his own manner,, sometimes rough and hard on her, one may say it is insolent or rude,, but seems it is also ASR style of showing his concern and love. He shouts on her because he loves her, but he himself is not ready to accept it sometimes,,

It's true that he entered into a sudden marriage to save his sister's marriage and teach shyam a lesson -showing him that now he is the owner of what the latter wanted to get.(didn't he warn Shyam to stay away from her, because now she is his wife)

But y? anyone doesn't get a feeling that he has married her not only due to the above stated two reasons, knowingly or unknowingly he has saved her. May be once again he has been possesive towards her. (Dare nyone look at her;))
SO, ISN'T THIS LOVE??

Even he knows (due to MU) what sort of a destrution his wife has created , what sort of face he is believing she has, he still can't stop himself caring and being softened towards her, and even tries to give life to her dreams...That is what he wishes ,but when he faces the bitter truth, the prince turns to be a beast.

He tries his best to avoid disrespecting her, see how he asks her to come out, instead of talking about the theft of his vehicle's spare parts.

It's not what I mean : that she is totally innocent and not desereve to be treated in this harsh manner,, but yet from his angle he is desperate as much as she is!!

Remeber his own wors (Heer -Ranjha)
He says THERE IS SOME OTHER WORLD WHERE THEY CAN BE UNITED.

Isn't this what he always wishes??

ISN'T THIS HIS DREAM WORLD, WHICH HE LONGS TO LIVE IN??

A man who doesn't believe in God due to mishaps happened in his past, those mishaps have been the strenght in his life to build self-respect, upon this base he has moulded his life to become what he is today - a man who works with his brain.
The way he behaves towards to world, perhaps is a rflection of what he has undergone thoughout his life,perhaps it made his attitude insolent, but not his heart.

The sworrows he underwent perhaps make him forcefully forget that he has a kind heart, so that he tries to behave in his manner- putting his head to no 1.

But yet as if every cloud has a silver linning, he bears those sweet human qualities inside his heart--which most of those who behave sweetly outside do not posses( compare with Shyam).

Edited by slanka - 12 years ago
riti4u thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 7
lovely additions to character traits of one of most interesting characters written on TV...yes indeed arnav has soft heart beneath ..he saw that bride's face and may be is reminded of his di..who had to face humiliation at her wedding bfore ..he was not able to do nything then and may be thats why he tried to safeguard situation here...his behavior towards khushi may be not be that nice but he has always maintained great respect towards her family..even in anger he toned down to answer Garima's question that was indeed very mature act... I love him so much...and thanks for such lovely post once again...
381490 thumbnail
Well said, everyone.
I also think that his doubts in relation to Khushi now are understandable -- considering the way that she's been behaving [all the comedy]. Plus, his fear of disappointment and being hurt prevents him from trusting someone who has already hurt him once. It's not that she'll need to prove her innocence as much as it's how everything has happened lately, and how Arnav can't quite figure her out anymore.
After such a huge confrontation on the roof, she pretended as if nothing had happened. I think that what Arnav needs in order to truly allow himself to believe her is her being really serious about things and her own situation.
He has a good heart. It's just coated in ice to protect it from breaking.
cutelilshortie thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
Wow, that was an amazing post.🤗 So good that I had to create an account just to tell you. I have been searching for some articulate, analytical posts about the show,they haven't been easy to find, but yours just hit the nail in the head. Great job.

How can people accuse Arnav of committing rape? He is callous, but that does not necessarily entail immorality. I can't ever imagine him doing that, because I remember the guy that averts his eyes when Khushi's dupatta falls off. ( Nanital scene when Khushi's clothes get stolen + New Years on Khushi's bed). So there is no way on this green earth, that he could do that.
charlotte74 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 7
Posted: 11 years ago
I remembered this post suddenly and wanted to read it all over again. I am not sure if I commented on this earlier but just wanted to let you know the you done such a great job of the analysis.

ASR after this has changed so much but your post reminds us what he used to be and that is why i wanted to read it again.