Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

jasw thumbnail
Anniversary 20 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago
This is awesome man! You are TOO GOOD! 👏

You have brought out his character with such clarity! Bravo!

Zoyafan thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Hats off to a brilliant post...loved it :)
charlotte74 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 7
Elysia,

Believe it or not, I had also prepared an analysis of ASR about a week ago. But I never posted it because it looked like people in the forum weren't really interested in serious character analysis. They seemed to be bashing up the character left right and center without really understanding him. And like you I thought my post will just get lost. But I truly appreciate you for not giving up and managing to get this analysis across the forum. What you have written is way better than mine is because you have drafted in the form of Q & A. That was a great idea. You have also covered a lot of of points that I had missed in mine. But the point I wanted to make was the same as yours - "Any person who experiences a traumatic incident in his childhood is likely to have psychological scars as a grown up. Issues of distrust, views about money being the most important thing, disregard for social norms, relationships and traditions stem from childhood issues". Believe me I know this from personal experience. In real life some people come out of such trauma on their own, some never come out at all and some might come out of it if there is some one who could guide them with true love.
As you mentioned he hasn't had anyone to guide him so far. The person who will do this for him will be Khushi. As I had mentioned in an earlier post, she will be his salvation. So yes, lets wait and watch how Arnav goes through his journey of redemption and ultimately his salvation along with his true love Khushi.
Once again, awesome post and looking forward to more!
381490 thumbnail

Originally posted by: --Anna--

Dint you just love Arnav yesterday!? 😍😍 - Especially the Shyam and Arnav confrontation!? 😍

Love doesn't even begin to describe it, yaar Day Dreaming I need more of those Shyam-Arnav, bulls facing each other wala scenes. I imagine Khushi standing in the middle with her blood red dupatta, egging them on 😆
@jasw and @pals13: Thank you 😳 I'm glad that you found my post insightful. I know it's really long. I thought that most people would give up before they'd even started 😆 I know that I probably would have.
381490 thumbnail

Originally posted by: charlotte74

Elysia,

Believe it or not, I had also prepared an analysis of ASR about a week ago. But I never posted it because it looked like people in the forum weren't really interested in serious character analysis. They seemed to be bashing up the character left right and center without really understanding him. And like you I thought my post will just get lost. But I truly appreciate you for not giving up and managing to get this analysis across the forum. What you have written is way better than mine is because you have drafted in the form of Q & A. That was a great idea. You have also covered a lot of of points that I had missed in mine. But the point I wanted to make was the same as yours - "Any person who experiences a traumatic incident in his childhood is likely to have psychological scars as a grown up. Issues of distrust, views about money being the most important thing, disregard for social norms, relationships and traditions stem from childhood issues". Believe me I know this from personal experience. In real life some people come out of such trauma on their own, some never come out at all and some might come out of it if there is some one who could guide them with true love.
As you mentioned he hasn't had anyone to guide him so far. The person who will do this for him will be Khushi. As I had mentioned in an earlier post, she will be his salvation. So yes, lets wait and watch how Arnav goes through his journey of redemption and ultimately his salvation along with his true love Khushi.
Once again, awesome post and looking forward to more!

Thank you so much, Charlotte. Even when I posted this thread, I was certain that either it would drown amongst all the others, or no one would read it because it's too long. But I'm not the one to keep silent - regardless of whether my voice is heard or not. I had to write the analysis and post it. I had to at least try. Because people were going as far as to turn the male lead into a rapist.
You're right on. Khushi is going to help him redeem himself.
I think that people, when they watch this show, should allow themselves to delve deeper into the characters and attempt to see them from more than just one angle. Because the characters have more than one layer. They're multidimensional. It's not fair to label them or slip a flaming letter around their necks to mark them.
The writers, and especially the actors, put so much hard work into giving the characters life and shades that it isn't fair to simply hate or love. I know that Barun has worked hard on giving Arnav a vulnerability (in his eyes) that adds a layer, a shade to Arnav's otherwise seemingly conscienceless character. We should be able to see it, understand it, appreciate it. Because it tells us something vital about Arnav - it explains a lot about him.
Edited by Elysia - 12 years ago
charlotte74 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 7
[QUOTE=Elysia
Thank you so much, Charlotte. Even when I posted this thread, I was certain that either it would drown amongst all the others, or no one would read it because it's too long. But I'm not the one to keep silent - regardless of whether my voice is heard or not. I had to write the analysis and post it. I had to at least try. Because people were going as far as to turn the male lead into a rapist.
You're right on. Khushi is going to help him redeem himself.
I think that people, when they watch this show, should allow themselves to delve deeper into the characters and attempt to see them from more than just one angle. Because the characters have more than one layer. They're multidimensional. It's not fair to label them or slip a flaming letter around their necks to mark them.
The writers, and especially the actors, put so much hard work into giving the characters life and shades that it isn't fair to simply hate or love. I know that Barun has worked hard on giving Arnav a vulnerability (in his eyes) that adds a layer, a shade to Arnav's otherwise seemingly conscienceless character. We should be able to see it, understand it, appreciate it. Because it tells us something vital about Arnav - it explains a lot about him.

I agree, Barun has done a wonderful job in portraying Arnav's character. Its a very complex character with shades of grey. He has portrayed it with so much restraint without going over the top or becoming melodramatic about it. Its true that his eyes do play a very important role in conveying the vulnerability. But we also need to give credit to those lips that that he draws into a thin line to convey restraint, be it anger or tolerance toward the many antics of our KKG :-)
381490 thumbnail

Originally posted by: charlotte74

I agree, Barun has done a wonderful job in portraying Arnav's character. Its a very complex character with shades of grey. He has portrayed it with so much restraint without going over the top or becoming melodramatic about it. Its true that his eyes do play a very important role in conveying the vulnerability. But we also need to give credit to those lips that that he draws into a thin line to convey restraint, be it anger or tolerance toward the many antics of our KKG :-)

Word, Charlotte 😳
vahgar thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Wonderful Analysis Ana ...
I have enjoyed reading your Analysis on Patil Saab before...so was pleasantly surprised seeing your post here, looking forward to them everyday... :) (Just too greedy I guess 😃 )
Am mostly a silent reader on this forum... but had to applaud your ananlysis...👏👏👏
--Lalitha
381490 thumbnail

Originally posted by: vahgar

Wonderful Analysis Ana ...

I have enjoyed reading your Analysis on Patil Saab before...so was pleasantly surprised seeing your post here, looking forward to them everyday... :) (Just too greedy I guess 😃 )
Am mostly a silent reader on this forum... but had to applaud your ananlysis...👏👏👏
--Lalitha

Hi Lalitha,
I remember you from the LTL forum. I always noticed that you'd pressed LIKE on my posts. Thank you for the support then and now 😳
It's been hard to find another character/show to analyze in depth since LTL's awesome time, but Arnav comes damn close to Patil Saheb for me 😉
Once again, thank you for breaking your silence to respond to my analysis 😳
381490 thumbnail
Minor addition to the analysis: In recent episodes, in spite of all the comedian drama, we've seen another side of Arnav in relation to Khushi's family. We've seen him grow as a human being in terms of acknowledging the difficulties of a middle class family and how hard it can be on them, and we've seen him be considerate about it.
We've seen a freshly gentle side of him whenever he communicates with Buaji, for instance. A kind of care and respect that verges on genuine love. It's a development that was a long time coming, but it finally did come and amidst all the comedy too -- at least there's that 😃