Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Zuzana thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 12 years ago
Hey that was one fabulous post and great analysis. I feel pity for the writers...unlike many other shows here the writers have spent a long time establishing the characters but I feel very bad for them when people forget understanding they totally misunderstand it. Arnav rape , lust..are we watching the same show? He who cannot take a scratch on her whatever she does..he can never imagine harming her physically. You have beautifully put about his past..each has their own way of dealing it..I am one who feel bad for this guy as he is completely lonely in this world..he needs kushi badly for healing his wounds and bringing that joy he so much deserves. yes he is making mistakes I dont blame him seeing the circumstances and as you say who doesnt...and he is completely capable of redemption ..and thats why destiny has brought these two together time and again..he the protector and she the healer ...whats love without angst and pain ..this track will only strengthen their relation..I for one am enjoying this..hope the CVs dont squash this track becos of so much out cry...peopleshould stop interfering and telling the writers what to show..they know their job.

I am eagerly waiting to see how he handles Shyam..his intellect brain is one of the things which attracted me to this show. Please keep writing..just enjoyed thoroughly.
riti4u thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 7
👏 wonderful analysis ..This character has so much depth and writers have displayed it b'fully ..I was shocked myself at the reaction of this forum for him..but good to see posts like this .You dont know how much you made me happy..I just wish that there are ppl like Arnav in real world too..I wish they get help and love that could really heal them and show that life is not really that hard and good does exist.. This character has captivated me a lot and is what motivates me to watch this show..as I say it I must say though I love khushi a lot ..still for me ASR is the reason I am hooked on.. not bcoz he is hot lookin well he is ..no doubt about it but b'coz beneath that hard cold monster ..there is a lil innocent child craving for love ...
khushik thumbnail
Thank for this amazing analysis for arnav love this piece of writing must say Mohobbat ke siva or bhi gam hai is zmane mein and you depicted them really beautifully :)
Edited by khushik - 12 years ago
Shalini76 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 3
Thank you a sensible view of Arnav Singh Raizada! :)
This is brilliant..
I SO agree.. wait n see how the story unfolds before judging him or even Khushi for that matter.
Newbiesoapfan thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Great analysis... much needed. Arnav and Khushs are what they are because of their pasts and the way they handled the trauma in their pasts... all their reactions are tied to the past.
Both Anjali and Arnav are damaged because of their past and trust only one another ( I think if Arnav had told Anjali about Shyam - she would have trusted him). They think of each other as the only family they have and hence are willing to do anything for the other person . It may seem that Anjali is clingy and possessive of Arnav... but he is all she has... Arnav too reacts the way he does because his sister ( somewhat a mother figure who replaced their mother) is all he has ...
Complex individuals with multiple facets... and Khushi is the one who seems to be the one who is one-dimensional and not complex -- but there are layers there too -- she buries issues away and she looks for the good in the bad ( even if it is a hopeless scenarios.
Layers and layers in all of these personalities... waiting for them to be peeled off to see what lies underneath ... hope that the story of Anjali's and Arnav's past is handled well by the CVs so that we understand the character and his reactions better!
sunflower52 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4
Loved your analysis and we have agreed we think the same about ASR.

I do not understand the double standards regarding Anjali and Khushi. Everyone feels bad for Khushi and understands her but does not understand the fact that Anjali is way more damaged then Khushi is, i.e why we see her behave in such a way.

Anjali is physically disabled and Khushi is not. People like Anjali have a severe complex, because people are cruel to physically disabled girl.

I want you to make an post on Anjali.

Rest about ASR I agree. I have been wanting to say this for a long time but could not write it properly.

star1315 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Elysia, Brilliantly written post... I always loved your posts [ know u from LTL forum ] ...perfactly written...analysis is in very detail... u penned down Arnav's character with sharp dissection... his fears, his limitations, his mind-set, his beliefs about people & world... in all his mental status & perspective to deal with situations & surroundings... u r right... by blackmailing Khushi, making her agree to be part of his plan [though Khushi is unaware of his plan ] to keep Shyam in check, he is hurting her.. he is aware of that, deep down in his heart he may dislike his deed... but to fight back to Shyam in the current situation, according to his mind-set to deal with the problem & make his Di safe from any further trauma, he has to do this, rather say, he is compelled to do this. He took a step out of emotional distress & calculative reasons. This doesn't excuse his actions, but it explains them... well said... we don't believe he is right in forcing Khushi this way... but he has to do that according to his belief, his mind-set, for him this is the only solution for the problem at that time... soon in few days only, he will realise how big mistake he has done... how much damage he has done to their relationship will dawn to his mind, when he will think calmly, sencible thinking will make him doubt whether Khushi is really linked with Shyam... unhappy with her engagement...her pain & emotional distress when she was introduced to Shyam... her fiance had cheated her, his name also Shyam... he will connect all the links... then his remorse will engulf him... in future, we will face not only khushi's but Arnav's pain also...
Edited by chandrika1315 - 12 years ago
381490 thumbnail

@an33sha: Thank you 😃

@areeba_blossom: Thank you, hun. You're right. Arnav's character is easy to relate to once you understand his mind and heart.
@Namita.Murti: Thank you 😃
@Grendel: Thanks a lot 😳 I'm glad that you enjoyed it.
@aakanksha09: Indeed. It's important to consider the characters, understand their layers, in order to experience the full impact of their choices, sorrows, etc. At least that's what I believe. What's the fun in watching a show where you can't connect with the characters? 😊
@julieariwala: Thank you! 😃
@Saatschi: Thank you, hun 😳 Do return soon with your response. I'm looking forward to reading your thoughts.
@sorcha: Ditto, hun. I had a bit too much of the rape/domestic violence and villain posts on Arnav. But it got me thinking about his character. I thought I'd give it a shot with the analysis. But I didn't expect anyone to actually take time to read my long post 😆 It was four pages long in Word.
@rani-lucky: Thanks, hun. It was revealed in one of the earliest episodes (can't remember exactly which episode) after a conflict between Nani and Mami.
@Poonam786: WORD, Poonam 👏 The character is flawed but not beyond redemption! Perfectly put. And I'm thanking YOU for taking time to read and reply. My post was really long. Lol. Thank you so much 😃 I can't hurl out abuses in relation to any characters. Not even Shyam 😆 I only enjoy analyzing them.
@riti4u: Exactly! There's a child in Arnav who wants to be loved, to be shown love, and to rest in himself. Find peace.
@khushik: Thank you! 😃
@ShaliniDp: Thank you 😳
@siamesecat: Thanks 😳
@sunflower52: Wow, thanks, hun 😳 I will definitely consider making a post on Anjali at some point. You're very right about her. There are reasons for her dependent demeanour. Will consider her character on a deeper level. Thanks for the suggestion!
@chandrika1315: Thank you so much for responding 😃 You put it so perfectly yourself. The gravity of his mistake will dawn on him and he will connect the dots eventually. But like you said, at the time he felt that this had to be done.
381490 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Harshiti4Lyf

I wanna give u big hug 🤗

LOL. Naw, hun. Here 🤗
U nailed it with the thought that he is a Man committing mistakes and doing wrong, but it goes back to the way he was raised and guided, truth is he had no one (anjali doesn't count cuz she was broken as much as he was) and life is a cruel and veil place, a place not meant for a teen boy roaming around alone, Life and this world turned him the way he is, Now He needs love and comfort to heal the wound life gave him!! The trauma of your parents dying, abandonment, rejection, helplessness, loneliness, will leave a bitter bitter taste in anyone's mouth and ASR was just a mere teenage boy!! I don't condone his actions and sayings either, but he needs a chance to redeem himself to understand that he has done wrong and then he will make up for that!!
Word. In addition to that, we cannot forget that he was initiated into an industry, a model industry, that objectifies women. He has been around women who are cold and selfish most of his life - with the exception of Anjali/his family. Working in an industry where you treat women like objects is bound to leave a mark on a man. Even so, he understands the line between using and abusing women. In his work, women are used to make money - though the women choose the gig themselves. But he never abused any woman. And he never will. Despite all accusations, his character isn't dheela.

Word Count: 1

381490 thumbnail

Originally posted by: ipkknd37

But I still have a niggling doubt/concern. I hope you'll clarify with u r amazing analytic skills. Despite what you said, what I cannot come to terms is, ASR being rational & ruthless why would he succumb to Shyam's taunts & emotional black mail. Yes everything you said about ASR getting to know about Shyam would have been a shocker. But the way ASR has been portrayed would he recover much quicker? Was there no way that he could have confronted Shyam directly being devious/ruthless (after all he is a self made business man) rather than resorting to pick on someone weaker than himself?

I think that what one needs to keep in mind is that Arnav, deep down, is an emotional person, just as much as he's a rational person. When it comes to his sister, emotions often overwhelm him. He loses control. He allows himself to lose control, because he knows that with her, he can show his weaknesses.
When he faced Shyam, Arnav had already been stripped down to his emotions. If you recall the scene before he confronted Shyam in which he paced in his room, stressed and frustrated and in pain, unable to calm down and think. He was vulnerable, open - too open - when he faced Shyam. He wasn't in control of himself. That is the first thing.
The second thing is that his relationship with Shyam was based on admiration - the kind of admiration that a son has for his father. He sees Anjali as a mother and he saw Shyam as a father. He has often allowed Shyam's words to have more power in his life than his own ideas. For instance, in relation to Lavanya (when Shyam had come to speak to him in his room - he listened and took it in).
Arnav saw Shyam as the ideal husband, the ideal man. The kind of man that, well, maybe he wished to become one day. That image, it was shattered in one moment. In just one moment, his whole perception of Shyam, of what a man is (a father, a brother, a husband, a son-in-law) it was all shattered.
That hurts. Probably more than the infamous hug between Shyam and Khushi. He could deal with the hug. But when Shyam pulled off his mask, shattering the image that Arnav had believed in, humiliating him and his sister beyond words, and not showing even an ounce of remorse - it left Arnav utterly speechless.
In this most vulnerable moment, when Arnav realized that he might not be able to protect his sister, Shyam pushed all the right buttons - questioning whether Anjali would be able to deal with the truth. Arnav, knowing how frail his sister is, couldn't allow it to happen. Because he knows that Shyam is right. Shyam lies with the truth. That's why his words fester in people's mind.
However, Arnav managed to put away the emotional blackmail for a moment as he went to speak to Anjali - tell her the truth. We all saw how hard it was for him to get the words out. When he finally got them out, she fainted. Another shock to Arnav's system who thought she'd fainted because of the truth.
In the end, he decided not to tell her. 1) because he was scared for her, 2) because she was pregnant, and 3) because he's human, and just like any other human, a part of him sought an excuse to procrastinate the inevitable, just for a while.
Shyam's words did fester in his mind, but ultimately - they're not what controlled his actions. They, however, add fuel to his fire. The thing is just that Arnav couldn't counter Shyam because 1) he realized that he has no idea who Shyam is, and 2) he has always seen and experienced Shyam as a father figure. The man left stunned.
I hope this explain it 😳