Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

ipkknd37 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago
What a brilliant post 👏. Thanks for sharing your analysis for Arnav with us. You made me understand ASR a lot better 😊. Every 1 of u r points were analysed with excellence.👏 You just made ASR more real for me than just a fictional character.

But I still have a niggling doubt/concern. I hope you'll clarify with u r amazing analytic skills. Despite what you said, what I cannot come to terms is, ASR being rational & ruthless why would he succumb to Shyam's taunts & emotional black mail. Yes everything you said about ASR getting to know about Shyam would have been a shocker. But the way ASR has been portrayed would he recover much quicker? Was there no way that he could have confronted Shyam directly being devious/ruthless (after all he is a self made business man) rather than resorting to pick on someone weaker than himself?
julieariwala thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
ma'am you nailed it 👏👏👏👏

hats off to you for an apt and befitting analysis of asr/arnav's character...

hasina

Nibelungenlied thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Elysia, once again, your post leaves me speechless. I really REALLY liked the way you have analyzed the character.

I have to reserve a place and get back to this soon. In the middle of a crazy submission:-((( This post was a huge infusion of cheer in this totally lacklustre weekend...
sorcha thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Just Brilliant! 👏 Very logical and one of the best posts this week. You did an amazing job in writing and getting your points across...Thank god there are some sensible people in the forum...i was getting tired of reading all the bashing, irrational whines, and the pathetic posts on threatening to stop watching the show this week. Truly a mind freshening post. Thank you for the post 😊
thechaigirl thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
Elysia Brilliant post!!!

This my first reply/response on this forum. I liked your analysis so much that could not bear to be a silent reader...

The way you solved the mystery of Arnav is totally logical. I always felt that the marriage was not about Khushi at all but more like damage control or an immediate response to erect defenses for his sister..

I totally agree that Arnav's past is what has formed his thinking..I think that his action comes from the fact that he spent his life gaining power and money so that he can erect a strong wall around him and his sis so no one can hurt them again...but what shyam has done opened his eyes to the fact that his money and power also couldnt stop his sister from getting hurt...I think blackmailing khushi into marrying him was an action taken by a man who has realised his defense wasnt strong enuff to avoid what he feared the most...
rani-lucki thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
damn now thats what u call detail :-) purrrfect analysis but just 1 question--when did mami say she sold her jewellery for asr, was it near the begining of the show?
Bibliobibulus thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 5
Fantastic post!
I was completely shocked to see this sudden flood of marital rape and domestic abuse talk on the forum.. I've been watching this show from the beginning, and in my mind these ideas were a huge jump! I mean, the character is obviously flawed, but certainly not beyond redemption.. It's evident in every time we've seen him hurt Khushi, only to realise his mistake, show remorse and apologize. We've seen a gradual softening in the character so that we can now see beneath the hard shell to a tortured soul.
I especially liked your analysis of the reason behind the blackmail. You're right. With everything that had happened to him in the space of 24 hours, any normal person would react in a bit of a drastic fashion. There was an interview of Barun Sobti recently where he was saying (jokingly) that if all of that had happened to him, he would have fainted five times. And of course, we know our ASR isn't any old regular guy. He is a man who has not yet learned to defeat the demons of his past.
Thanks for taking the time to do such a thorough character study. It's nice to see someone thinking about the character in depth for a change, and not hurling abuse!
Once again, loved your post. Kudos on a fantastic analysis! 👏
thechaigirl thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
@rani-lucki...check out the June17th 2011 episode...its in there ...
prathikri thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Elysia

I generally dont read very long posts but yours caught my attention because of the title , Have to apologize i initially thought its another bashing post ... 😳

I really loved the way you have described his character & why he behaved in the manner he did to get Kushi marry him..

I just wish people in the forum read your post..

You'll find people such as Arnav. People who don't manage to move past the scars their past has inflicted upon them. People who become emotionally detached and downright cold. Naturally, there are external factors in their circumstances that played a part in the way they've been shaped. For instance, in Khushi's case, she lost her parents, but then she was taken in by her mother's sister who provided her with love, safety, and a family. Khushi didn't need anything - emotionally and physically (looking at the bigger picture). The traumatic loss became easier to bear with the support of a loving family and a positive outlook on life. ---This is the main reason i fell in love with this character since i very much relate to this & i want to see how he comes out of this.
5) For the love of God, what went on in Arnav's head when he decided to blackmail Khushi?
For starters, I'd like to point out that Arnav is entirely aware of the fact that his blackmail is hurting Khushi. It's also an evident fact that he doesn't find any pleasure in causing her this pain. His eyes, the tone of his voice was enough proof of that.
He blackmailed Khushi because he needed to shut Shyam up. He blackmailed her because he could not form one coherent retort to throw back at Shyam. The snake left him speechless. Shyam humiliated Arnav, humiliated his sister, and Arnav could say and do nothing. Arnav realized, in that moment, that he has no idea who/what Shyam is or what the man is capable of, or even how the man thinks.
How do you blackmail someone who is so confident, smirking at you over your sister's shoulder, as if he doesn't fear anything? Shyam laughed in Arnav's face. He disrespected both him and Anjali. He dared. Arnav doesn't know a thing about Shyam - he cannot tell the mindset of his enemy. Here's a creep who doesn't fear being exposed - in fact, Arnav fears the truth being exposed at a time when Anjali is so vulnerable. Shyam emotionally blackmailed him. Arnav, despite his ability to access a situation rationally, had experienced way too many hits in one night and took a step out of emotional distress as well as calculative reason. This doesn't excuse his actions, but it explains them. --

I don't know if anyone else would agree with me , a person in an emotional situation does not & cannot think straight & makes blunders This is what happened to him also.

6) Now what?
Now, we wait. Before we call Arnav a rapist and mark him as a wife-beater, we wait and see where the story takes him and Khushi. I have analyzed Arnav from my own observations and thoughts as well as I could and I refuse to believe that he'll physically damage Khushi in any way. In fact, I don't even believe that he'll mentally damage Khushi. He might hurt her, unintentionally, because he's hurt and frustrated too. But right now he's focused on his sister and Shyam. Let's give the man a break. -- I completely agree with you that he will not hurt Kushi .. The man is in love & we did see in Friday's episode too that he cannot see her in pain.. So how can anyone think that he will hurt her is beyond me.

Word Count: 1

neverbefore thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Wow! If only more of us could think and articulate like this...we'd have a rocking forum to match the rocking show! Brilliant analysis and so well written...thank you for taking the time to share it.

Just one thing...you've said that he doesn't feel Anjali could ever betray him...now I know this is hypothetical and may never happen on the show, but what if she does betray him?...what if she did make up the news of the pregnancy (which would have to be revealed sooner rather than later) or at least confess to him that she did hear him when he told her about Shyam's 'dhoka' and chose to ignore it?

What would that do to him?

Edited by neverbefore - 12 years ago