Usman. thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 12 years ago

Originally posted by: 2direct

You're yet to watch a lot of things 😆

elaborate please..😆😆
649486 thumbnail
^Dramay yaar 😊 I remember you unintentionally admitting you've hardly seen any drama serials, just like I don't see any whenever I'm at Defense sector in Lahore, the only place I can see them is at H Karim Buksh
Usman. thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: 2direct

^Dramay yaar 😊 I remember you unintentionally admitting you've hardly seen any drama serials, just like I don't see any whenever I'm at Defense sector in Lahore, the only place I can see them is at H Karim Buksh

ohh okay my dirty mind 😆😆
btw, what an example 👏😆
infinity00 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
I am surprised that everybody is praising the drama but no body mentioned the main purpose of this drama, why the wrote this , weaving a love story but a very very strong message through out the serial, which made me cry out loud many many time, not because of the lead pair,s jodi or romance, but the question which haunted me for several days, " this country was made by people who gave there lives, dignity, soul , wealth and what happened afterwards, eik gulami say nikal kar dossri feudal gulami kee taraf???? What was the point of partition when non of the reasons our ancestor gave for separation fulfilled at the end???? Has anybody thought about that.
I love Dastaan because I could see my ancestors part of the characters played, my Dadi, Naani use to tell me the stories which I saw on the screen. But sorry to say we are just engrossed about the actors who played the role but not the characters who went through this for the future generation who is too busy to celebrate valentines day !!!
No offence to any one please, as I am one of the majority who is in sleeping mode like everybody else, I am targeting myself too.
FaizaK thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Daastan is one of the epic serials os all times...Fawad and Sanam rocked the show with thier powerful perfrmnces..
-Aliza- thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
I lovee Dastaan.. have watched the first few episodes like a million times.. Hassan and Bano were awesome..😳
-Aliza- thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
Great review btw 👍🏼
starstruckk thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
I loveee Dastaan. It was such a different drama..as someone mentioned, the message it had within the drama was just something totally different all together. Razia Butt is the one who wrote the novel, Bano I believe (as this drama was an adaptation of that novel)..and wow, I can only imagine how brilliant the novel must have been if the drama turned out to be so wonderful.

Everyone acted to well..I seriously found nothing wrong with anyone's acting in any way. & of course, Fawad & Sanam in particular were just mindblowing. Their chemistry as Hassan & Bano was just something else, it really was. I haven't seen any other couple deliver the same kind of chemistry in recent times. With all that said,, I feel Dastaan is quite underrated. I feel that's because a lot of people probably didn't wanna give this drama a shot because it was mainly about the time of partition..which probably threw some people off while noticing the promos etc.
sami01 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
ok guys sorry to get into ur thread but i have watched dastaan myself and i agree about flawless acting by lead pair and few others but its one side story which should not be allowed to be discussed on a indian forum...i have never seen a indian film or drama which was so biased ,showing hindus way u guys showed and all...partition is a sad story where we also lost our families as a matter of fact all lot of our gurdwaras..i hated how they showed bano threw away that sikh symbolic kara(iron bangle) she was wearing..i mean shame on them for insulting some one else's religion..i have never yet watched her drama ever since..i stil watch fahd's call me hypocrite but he is too good looking so i ignore his stint as hassan..not his fault... may be growing up in india i never was taught how to insult other people's religions how they insulted sikhism ,i guess they dont know about our culture so they showed us all looking like cartoons,hindus wearing tilaks all the time...well i have so many hindu neighbours ..yet to find one with tilak all the time...it was one sided story which shouldnt have been allowed to be discussed on a indian forum..it insult to our nation and fact that we lost a lot too in partition including our daughters as well,,,,,,, also lastly i would like to add i am from ludhiana ..city where they showed bano is from...there r many muslims in that city ,many were my friends...its a different country folks from what u portray in ur dramas...every time i see glorifying things discussed it hurts me...yes i understand it was a tragic story of a girl and was acted very well as a human being i felt for bano same way i felt for my friend's great aunt who was finally located in a village in pakistani punjab 50 years after partition..but i hated the aspects lik throwing away the kada...that is our religeous symbol and we respect it a lot and she insulted it as if it is nothing to millions of people on other side of border
Edited by sami01 - 12 years ago