Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

charmingsoni thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago
for me the simply thing is that islam prohibited alcohol and all these types of things.so if some one want to drink then he/she can simply leave so-called tag of Muslim and can enjoy their so-called life.they like to call themselves Muslim and one some one ask about their religion they proudly call themselves Muslim.They must think about works they have done in their daily life.
karankittu thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: -tehreem-

Wow how come I never crossed this post 😲 but an amazing post I must say after reading all your comments I gained alot of knowledge about things I didn't know before

One thing I like to add from my side is that I used to wear scarf (not hijaab) when I was 10 or so but after sometime I stopped, my mom always wanted me to wear it and she keeps telling me that I was a better muslim before than I am now but I disagree with that because I know why I started wearing it, I didn't wear willingly but my teacher threatened me (if thats the word ) to wear and I never liked wearing it so I stopped after sometime. Girls these days think doing hijab is fun they wear it when they want they stop when they think it's right to "show themselves". Hijaab is to protect you from "Na-mehram's nazar" and that applies to your brother's friend too but girls only wear it while they are going to their school/college and take it off. And those who do 97% of them are wearing short shirts underneath and after taking it off they go on a date 🤢 This all is a fact I have seen it with my own eyes but I am not saying that every girl who wears hijaab is like that, most of them act like this. We can't mold islam the way we want ...
Another thing how many people here who pray know what they are saying or understand the meaning of namaz ?? reading namaz doesn't mean you fulfilled the requirement because you don't even know what you said...

Hi yep exactly my dad tries to forc eme to wear a scarf but i've never said yeh. I still practice but im not comfortbale in wearing it. I do think that because of these men we women have to suffer like wearing a scaqrf and being fully covered. Fair enough it is respectful to wear it.

And i know gilrs who wear skirts and 3 quarters ON TOP OF A SCARF and my dad and people in the surroundings dont care you know why. "oh atleats they wear a scarf" My dad sometimes gets annoyed when i wear leggings and when on the way to uni i show him girls who are wearings scarfs and 3 quarters showing their legs and sleevless he says sos what they are wearing a scarf.

This society is so messed now a days.

So wear a scarf but do what you want and you are shareef
but dont wear a scarf read your namaaz dont date guys wear leggings but your not ilsmaic anymore!
karankittu thumbnail

Originally posted by: Tereliye06

Wow this is such a nice topic now I'm not an Muslim or Pakistani but an HIndu and from India ofcourse and I had this discussion with one of my pakistani friends and he was like it's funny how pakistan main "sharab" banned hai magar it's not written in terms of government wise. Now I'm not sure how accurate that is but I told him it's my belief that if you go anywhere in this world if something is banned people tend to do more of that and don't think if it's good or bad. For example, I'm from Gujarat India which is a dry state meaning no alcohol is consumed however there's a lot of alcohol consumption in Guajrat then other states that is legal at. In fact all the alcohol comes from Punjab and Rajasthan in Pakistan. I totally understand I don't know why everyone wants to become modern shodern and do things like what the Americans or Britishers do. It's pretty sad where "our" Indian and Pakistani culture is going to and I live in US. I know many muslims who drink and many Hindus who don't so not judging just thought I put my 2 cents into this topic. It's a very nice topic by the way. :)

Hi it's nice to see non muslims also participating in the topic :)
yeh i know i think now is the time where everyone is doing things their culture or relgion doesnt allow. And people are being infulenced so much.
I am the same i love to wear jeans and tights and leggings and i would wear it if i were allowed to. I still wear jeans and leggings but with long dresses.

So it looks like im wearing a kameez with churidaar a little.

I don't see whats so good about the british and americans
but as you see in our cultures the "whites" are praised so everyone wants a white daughter in law and kids. White girls are said to be more prettier i have a cousin who is married to a doctor she doesnt have nice features ATALL! but she is white.
So they think she is aishwairya rai.
people literally are so uneducated they are probably running after the white skin colour of these english american people and same time wanting to be like them so are influenced by their culture.
karankittu thumbnail

Originally posted by: aitor-metrowzer

welcome 2 direct and karankittu, it didn't take any time at all, they were just my fav things from hadith...

I really liked thehadithyou posted where Allah says take one step towards me and i will take ten
It is so beautiful made me cry.!!!!
Edited by karankittu - 12 years ago
MairaKhan1180 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
What is wrong with Pakistan? It is called the Islamic Republic of Pakistan, isn't the country suppose to be religious? People don't follow the Islamic rules anymore, pisses me off. I live outside the country and yet I don't wear revealing clothes or drink alcohol, not trying to show off or say I am better but simply trying to say we should follow the Quran and the steps of Propher Muhammad(SAW) and inshAllah we'll enter Jannat-al-Firdaus.
MairaKhan1180 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: karankittu

I really liked thehadithyou posted where Allah says take one step towards me and i will take ten
It is so beautiful made me cry.!!!!
Oh, how beautiful! Thanks for sharing KaranKittu:D May Allah(SWT) reward you, Ameen.

sunhero thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
we can wear whatever we want but in our homes not infront of all people.i think there is no need to show off our clothes to people.we should fashion for ourselves not for others.
karankittu thumbnail

Originally posted by: sunhero

we can wear whatever we want but in our homes not infront of all people.i think there is no need to show off our clothes to people.we should fashion for ourselves not for others.

exactly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
be fashionable but at home. I guess in our culture how we live with inlaws and parents its hard for a girl to wear a skirt or leggings even infront of her dad and inlaws etc
thats why gilrs choose to hide and wear it outside!!
BlackStar. thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
It's extremely important to understand religion and then practice it. Why preach about things if you don't practice em yourselves? Islam says, to practice what you preach first. What's the point of praying, or wearing a hijab if your heart doesn't feel satisfied? It's not making a difference towards your Iman. I think what's lacking in a lot of Muslims today is basic knowledge of religion. Majority of people don't know what the meaning of prayer is, or what the meaning of wearing a Hijab is. For goodness sake, some people don't even know the Kalimah and it's translation. What's your belief then? How do you know the Shahadah? I pity such people, because your creating your own hell. (Perhaps I should stop. I can Provide you with Authentic Hadith, but some of you might get scared, because you might not have been aware of it earlier.)
Yes I'm not a perfect Muslim at all, in-fact not even close to perfect, but that doesn't stop me from understanding or practicing my religion. I read the Quran, follow Hadith and Sunnah, listen to scholars, etc.
We should always make an attempt at knowing religion. Non-muslims question us, and we don't even know the answer. What type of an ummah are we?
If you know your religion and it's beliefs, yet you still choose to ignore, then your the worst Muslim ever. Not knowing about it is different.. However, if you choose not to know your religion and act ignorant, then your just an idiot.

Now I will say, Pakistan is not an Islamic State. There's sins happening there, adultry, and much worse which were not even aware of, and that is why there being punished by all those catastrophies that fall on them. It's time for them to wake up and realise why Allah is punishing them, instead of questioning to Allah. However, they're choosing to be ignorant, which is why they're suffering.
larki_punjaban thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
im a muslim girl aswell i live in europe ihv never thaught abt dirnking or smoking in my life

but if some of the paki celebs are doing this then first of all woh unki marzi hai agar karenge to jwab bhi denge

dusre baat yeh k, shrab peena smoke karna etc etc its being fashion in the whole world, its sounds awkward and i can realize apko thora sa ghussa mujhe p a raha hoga,

lekin u c v live in 21st century and pakistan ab inta bhi purane zamane ka nahin hai, its 2012 so its a free country and i think everyone has the right to do and to decide what the person wants 2 do,
humein apni energy zaya karne ki zarurat nahin hai
v just can pray k Allah sab hidayat de AMEEN