Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

-shabz- thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago

Originally posted by: Ash_Smash

Actually a man can marry christian and jewish women, also known as people of the book. But its recommended to marry a muslim. Well I have a very different backround, my father is christian with Pakistani and Spanish backround, and my mother is half french and half Inidan with sikhism as her religion. Finding my own identity was never easy for me at first place, I got choose my own religion. I have known my husband's family since childhood, our families are very close. His family have always been devoted to Islam, and we always respected each others believes.
My mother-in-law is british and chose Islam as her religion for sake of God, not becuase of her husband. Thats the point if I ever would convert to Islam, I would like to have neeyat to do so, in sake of God, not becuase my husband is muslim. I want to understand Islam the best as I can before I may take the step to convert. Allah told humans to read and understand the Quran, use their own brain, question it and understand it. I feel people today just read it and dont understand it, they just listen to a Mullah, who may himself have very limited understanding about Islam

so true...converted muslims are better muslims as they chose the religion after understanding it...unfortunately people who are muslims by birth dont take the time to understand Islam...they only read Quran in arabic for the sake of reading the quran...ignoring the fact that quran is the word of God.
649486 thumbnail
I don't wanna take this topic into another direction, but while we're debating religion I have a question. If you're lifestyle is inappropriate for a Muslim and knowing that Namaz has to be read, it's not a choice. How does one go about it? Do you first try to sudhaarofy your way of living first & then commit to prayers after? Because it's kinda hypocritical & reeks of double standards if one prays but then goes back to doing the things which are considered haraam
Amara_B thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: 2direct

I don't wanna take this topic into another direction, but while we're debating religion I have a question. If you're lifestyle is inappropriate for a Muslim and knowing that Namaz has to be read, it's not a choice. How does one go about it? Do you first try to sudhaarofy your way of living first & then commit to prayers after? Because it's kinda hypocritical & reeks of double standards if one prays but then goes back to doing the things which are considered haraam

As I understand it you just start reading namaz, because reading namaz will help strengthen your emaan and inturn (inshallah) give you the strength to abstain from the 'inappropriate' things. It's only hypocritical if you're committing the sins and preaching to everyone else, or if you're committing the sins and then read namaz with the belief that 'oh it doesn't matter if I do such and such as I read namaz'. No ones perfect we all make mistakes and sin, but that shouldn't prevent us from practising our religion. Doing innappropriate things doesn't mean you're not allowed to perform namaaz.
Although with alcohol it may be different, I know if you drink alcohol your fast won't be accepted for a certain number of days. Not sure if it's the same with namaaz.
228398 thumbnail
@ 2 direct
Very difficult question, i am not an islamic scholar so i know what i might say may have wrong guidence, and i am a sinner myself but i will try to answer your question...
I'd have to say pray first and everything else will fall into place. Because when you pray you are having a private conversation with allah s/w and there are angels watching. Everytime you pray, your heart becomes soft and humble and makes one's love grow for the creator. Praying takes you a step closer to become a better human, a step closer to become a better human being is a step closer to islam, a step closer to islam is a step closer to allah s/w
Allah (God) says: "Take one step towards me, I will take ten steps towards you. Walk towards me, I will run towards you." Hadith Qudsi.
So every time you pray, you will love islam more and allah will give you the strength to walk a way from things that is unislamic, it may take time and you may face some trials but at the end of the day this life is just an illusion and it will all be worth it. whenever i feel tempted to do something that i know is wrong, which allah no doubt puts ahead for all of us to test out faith and love for him, i think "i may escape the human cameras, but allah will see, feel, hear, and ultimately know that i did this...so how will i face my shameful soul and charcoal heart to him in the next hour when it is time for prayer..and is it really worth it, when in the day of judement this deed will be read out for all to hear, and what shame if allah is dissapointed in me"..
Praying will inshallah guide you and even if you fail at times, allah will know that you tried hard and he is all merciful and grant you the blessings for it...
When Allah loves one of His servants, he calls Jibril (a) 'May Peace be upon him and tells him: 'I love so and so, so love him.' Then Jibril (a) will love him, and will proclaim to the inhabitants of heaven: 'Allah loves so and so, so love him.' So the inhabitants of heaven will love him too, and he will be well accepted by the inhabitants of the earth. If Allah hates one of His servants, He calls Jibril (a) and tells him: 'I hate so and so, so hate him.' Then Jibril (a) will hate him and will proclaim to the inhabitants of heaven, 'Allah hates so and so, so hate him.' Then the inhabitants of heaven will hate him, and he will also be detested by the inhabitants of the earth.' (Muslim)
and allah s/w knows best
sources : the ideal muslimah by Muhammad Ali Al-Hashimi
Edited by aitor-metrowzer - 12 years ago
649486 thumbnail
Thanks Hennu for taking the time out to search all that❤️

Thanks Amara :-)
karankittu thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: aitor-metrowzer

@ 2 direct

Very difficult question, i am not an islamic scholar so i know what i might say may have wrong guidence, and i am a sinner myself but i will try to answer your question...
I'd have to say pray first and everything else will fall into place. Because when you pray you are having a private conversation with allah s/w and there are angels watching. Everytime you pray, your heart becomes soft and humble and makes one's love grow for the creator. Praying takes you a step closer to become a better human, a step closer to become a better human being is a step closer to islam, a step closer to islam is a step closer to allah s/w
Allah (God) says: "Take one step towards me, I will take ten steps towards you. Walk towards me, I will run towards you." Hadith Qudsi.
So every time you pray, you will love islam more and allah will give you the strength to walk a way from things that is unislamic, it may take time and you may face some trials but at the end of the day this life is just an illusion and it will all be worth it. whenever i feel tempted to do something that i know is wrong, which allah no doubt puts ahead for all of us to test out faith and love for him, i think "i may escape the human cameras, but allah will see, feel, hear, and ultimately know that i did this...so how will i face my shameful soul and charcoal heart to him in the next hour when it is time for prayer..and is it really worth it, when in the day of judement this deed will be read out for all to hear, and what shame if allah is dissapointed in me"..
Praying will inshallah guide you and even if you fail at times, allah will know that you tried hard and he is all merciful and grant you the blessings for it...
When Allah loves one of His servants, he calls Jibril (a) 'May Peace be upon him and tells him: 'I love so and so, so love him.' Then Jibril (a) will love him, and will proclaim to the inhabitants of heaven: 'Allah loves so and so, so love him.' So the inhabitants of heaven will love him too, and he will be well accepted by the inhabitants of the earth. If Allah hates one of His servants, He calls Jibril (a) and tells him: 'I hate so and so, so hate him.' Then Jibril (a) will hate him and will proclaim to the inhabitants of heaven, 'Allah hates so and so, so hate him.' Then the inhabitants of heaven will hate him, and he will also be detested by the inhabitants of the earth.' (Muslim)
and allah s/w knows best
sources : the ideal muslimah by Muhammad Ali Al-Hashimi

THANKYOUUU SO MUCH FOR THIS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
228398 thumbnail
welcome 2 direct and karankittu, it didn't take any time at all, they were just my fav things from hadith...
Tereliye06 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Wow this is such a nice topic now I'm not an Muslim or Pakistani but an HIndu and from India ofcourse and I had this discussion with one of my pakistani friends and he was like it's funny how pakistan main "sharab" banned hai magar it's not written in terms of government wise. Now I'm not sure how accurate that is but I told him it's my belief that if you go anywhere in this world if something is banned people tend to do more of that and don't think if it's good or bad. For example, I'm from Gujarat India which is a dry state meaning no alcohol is consumed however there's a lot of alcohol consumption in Guajrat then other states that is legal at. In fact all the alcohol comes from Punjab and Rajasthan in Pakistan. I totally understand I don't know why everyone wants to become modern shodern and do things like what the Americans or Britishers do. It's pretty sad where "our" Indian and Pakistani culture is going to and I live in US. I know many muslims who drink and many Hindus who don't so not judging just thought I put my 2 cents into this topic. It's a very nice topic by the way. :)
tehreemm thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
Wow how come I never crossed this post 😲 but an amazing post I must say after reading all your comments I gained alot of knowledge about things I didn't know before
One thing I like to add from my side is that I used to wear scarf (not hijaab) when I was 10 or so but after sometime I stopped, my mom always wanted me to wear it and she keeps telling me that I was a better muslim before than I am now but I disagree with that because I know why I started wearing it, I didn't wear willingly but my teacher threatened me (if thats the word ) to wear and I never liked wearing it so I stopped after sometime. Girls these days think doing hijab is fun they wear it when they want they stop when they think it's right to "show themselves". Hijaab is to protect you from "Na-mehram's nazar" and that applies to your brother's friend too but girls only wear it while they are going to their school/college and take it off. And those who do 97% of them are wearing short shirts underneath and after taking it off they go on a date 🤢 This all is a fact I have seen it with my own eyes but I am not saying that every girl who wears hijaab is like that, most of them act like this. We can't mold islam the way we want ...
Another thing how many people here who pray know what they are saying or understand the meaning of namaz ?? reading namaz doesn't mean you fulfilled the requirement because you don't even know what you said...
Ash_Smash thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: -tehreem-

Wow how come I never crossed this post 😲 but an amazing post I must say after reading all your comments I gained alot of knowledge about things I didn't know before

One thing I like to add from my side is that I used to wear scarf (not hijaab) when I was 10 or so but after sometime I stopped, my mom always wanted me to wear it and she keeps telling me that I was a better muslim before than I am now but I disagree with that because I know why I started wearing it, I didn't wear willingly but my teacher threatened me (if thats the word ) to wear and I never liked wearing it so I stopped after sometime. Girls these days think doing hijab is fun they wear it when they want they stop when they think it's right to "show themselves". Hijaab is to protect you from "Na-mehram's nazar" and that applies to your brother's friend too but girls only wear it while they are going to their school/college and take it off. And those who do 97% of them are wearing short shirts underneath and after taking it off they go on a date 🤢 This all is a fact I have seen it with my own eyes but I am not saying that every girl who wears hijaab is like that, most of them act like this. We can't mold islam the way we want ...
Another thing how many people here who pray know what they are saying or understand the meaning of namaz ?? reading namaz doesn't mean you fulfilled the requirement because you don't even know what you said...

Maybe one should call Maya Khan 😆 She will run after them 🤣