Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Amara_B thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago

Originally posted by: karankittu

Every now and again we get to hear news of pakistani actors being drunk or we get to see pics of them being drunk

Mona lisa opnely admitted on Aag she drinks frequently and she said she thought nothing was wrong with it.
I live in the UK and i;ve never even been tempted to drink because my relfion doesnt allow it.
On geo Pakistan on the new years show they showed clippings of people partying for new years.
and sometimes they spoke about partying.
I wanted to ask is there really now clubs and things in pakistan?
Are the youth really heading this way?

Is alcohol openly available.
If it is then what the heck.
It's an islamic state what the heck happend

Also in many dramas they show drinking like it is usual which is annoying. THERE IS NO NEED FOR IT IN OUR DRAMAS!
dramas such as
kinara
and many more i cant even think of.
Iwonder if they drink real alchol but the bottle is always real :\! i am confused to whats going on

Im a Brit-Pak Muslim too, also 20 but I've never been to Pakistan. I've always wanted to visit but my parents have always been pretty hesitant in letting me.
My dad has always told me that you'll find two extemes in Pakistan. In the poorer areas and villages people tend to be embroiled in family politics but won't drink and/or wear revealing clothes etc as much. Wheras in the cities like Lahore you will find Muslims who are immensley more westernised than any Pakistanis living in Britain/America, and drinking, clubbing, dating, dressing promiscuously is normal for them.
I also found it shocking. I mean when I was still at school I always felt like an outsider because nearly all the muslims in my year used to drink and date so I didn't make friends because of that and I had this delusion that my beliefs and personality would fit more with Pakistan but after what my dad told me I think Pakistani's living abroad are actually more mindful of their religion than those in the Pakistani cities.
Although I will say Pakistan is NOT an Islamic state and it never was. One of things Jinnah and Ghandi disagreed on is the validity of a religious state. Ghandi said (if I remember right) state and religion should be one. Whereas Jinnah was of the opinion that religion should not have any bearing whatsoever on government. I actually agree with this I hate to say it, but Pakistan being made a religious state would only cause more problems, it will make room for corrupt religious politics to further flourish within the government. It's why the country's in a mess now, people like Zardari oppress the citizens by twisting Sharia while comitting all kinds of sins behind the scenes (fraud, drinking, assasinations). Which is why I;m praying Imran Khan wins the freakin elections. He won't make it an Islamic state and he'll at least try to rectify the mess the country has become. Honestly I disagree with muslims drinking alcohol - for obvious reasons, but it is NOT Pakistan's biggest problem and putting a ban on alcohol isn't the solution. In the grand scheme of things it shouldn't be worried about. As long as we follow our religion - who cares what everyone else is doing.
Edited by Amara_B - 12 years ago
Amara_B thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: happyviewer

the problem isnt that they are showing people consuming alcohol on the tv...the serials are just showing what is going behind close doors or not so close doors in pakistan...the problem is that people have no more emaan...i have lived in non muslim countries all my life, and on my own,if i wanted i could have experienced alcohol without anyone knowing but i have been told all my life that alcohol is haram...so i would never ever drink it...that is what is missing in todays pakistan....parents do not drill the haram halal concept in their children anymore...tv should show more hadiths and quranic ayats that prohibits alcohol and other behayai, so thay become aware.
people should realize that modernism doesnt mean that you have to shed your clothes and behave like kafirs...you can have a modern thinking within the boundries of the religion.

👏
This is 100% true. I had a very 'liberal' upbringing in the sense that I was allowed to go out and about with mates, I was allowed to go abroad alone etc. But my parents ALWAYS made the concept of haram and halal very clear to me. To the point that if I walk past a pub even the smell of alcohol makes me feel sick, I can't even imagine actually drinking it. That's the problem now, parent's don't bother teaching their kids the rights and wrongs in Islam, Pakistan being an Islamic/non-Islamic state has nothing to do with it. It's to do with the upbringing. Give your kids full freedom BUT ALSO teach them what they can and cannot do according to Islam, and the Islamic reasoning behind it - it's no good saying don't drink it's haram, don't wear revealing clothes it's haram. That means NOTHING. For a kid to really take something in they need to be taught why its haram and what it's consequences are, and the benefits of abstaining from that particular thing. It's basic common sense, our religion isn't rocket science it's very simple Muslims just like to complicate things.
Edited by Amara_B - 12 years ago
BlackStar. thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
I'm not here to give any Islamic lectures, but I just wanna say one thing which people seem to neglect, and that is that Hijab is mandatory for ALL Muslim women but NOT by force. Especially if you're pubertized, it's upto you and not something your parents should consistently remind you of. The part about wearing Burqa's is voluntary though.. it's not essential. People choose to wear a Burqa, because it helps covers them up better and not show they're body shape. Some people still wear tight Burqa's though. Wearing a Hijab and then taking it off, or wearing one at random times, is not something good to do. It sets bad examples, and a person should just not wear it. It's
Not about a person feeling awkward for themselves, but you do it for the love, fear and sake of Allah.

And I don't even wanna comment about certain sectors of Pakistan or that video. Yuck.
-shabz- thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Sana.B

I'm not here to give any Islamic lectures, but I just wanna say one thing which people seem to neglect, and that is that Hijab is mandatory for ALL Muslim women but NOT by force. Especially if you're pubertized, it's upto you and not something your parents should consistently remind you of. The part about wearing Burqa's is voluntary though.. it's not essential. People choose to wear a Burqa, because it helps covers them up better and not show they're body shape. Some people still wear tight Burqa's though. Wearing a Hijab and then taking it off, or wearing one at random times, is not something good to do. It sets bad examples, and a person should just not wear it. It's
Not about a person feeling awkward for themselves, but you do it for the love, fear and sake of Allah.

And I don't even wanna comment about certain sectors of Pakistan or that video. Yuck.

I actually wanted to write something but erased it as i thought it might come off as a lecture...but you are right...all i want to say is you are either a muslim and believe in the Quran...or you deny the Quran which makes you a non believer...if you say you believe in the Quran then how can you disobey the ayah's which tells the women to dress modestly from head to toe and for the men to lower their gaze?...how can you deny the ayahs that prohibit alcohol?...so we are either muslims(believers of the Quran and its rulings) or non muslims...there is no in between....we cannot pick and chose from the great book...take it or leave it.😊
228398 thumbnail

awh wow, your not muslim?

i'm so sorry it might be a bit personal and you might get annoyed.
But can i just ask i've been taught all my life that if a non muslim wants to marry a muslim he or she have to convert.
Have you never been inspired to convert?
I'm just really curious.

It is permissible for a Muslim man to marry a Christian/Jewish woman (who does not need to convert)

but it is not permissable for a muslim woman to marry a christian/jew...

Edited by aitor-metrowzer - 12 years ago
karankittu thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Amara_B

Im a Brit-Pak Muslim too, also 20 but I've never been to Pakistan. I've always wanted to visit but my parents have always been pretty hesitant in letting me.
My dad has always told me that you'll find two extemes in Pakistan. In the poorer areas and villages people tend to be embroiled in family politics but won't drink and/or wear revealing clothes etc as much. Wheras in the cities like Lahore you will find Muslims who are immensley more westernised than any Pakistanis living in Britain/America, and drinking, clubbing, dating, dressing promiscuously is normal for them.
I also found it shocking. I mean when I was still at school I always felt like an outsider because nearly all the muslims in my year used to drink and date so I didn't make friends because of that and I had this delusion that my beliefs and personality would fit more with Pakistan but after what my dad told me I think Pakistani's living abroad are actually more mindful of their religion than those in the Pakistani cities.
Although I will say Pakistan is NOT an Islamic state and it never was. One of things Jinnah and Ghandi disagreed on is the validity of a religious state. Ghandi said (if I remember right) state and religion should be one. Whereas Jinnah was of the opinion that religion should not have any bearing whatsoever on government. I actually agree with this I hate to say it, but Pakistan being made a religious state would only cause more problems, it will make room for corrupt religious politics to further flourish within the government. It's why the country's in a mess now, people like Zardari oppress the citizens by twisting Sharia while comitting all kinds of sins behind the scenes (fraud, drinking, assasinations). Which is why I;m praying Imran Khan wins the freakin elections. He won't make it an Islamic state and he'll at least try to rectify the mess the country has become. Honestly I disagree with muslims drinking alcohol - for obvious reasons, but it is NOT Pakistan's biggest problem and putting a ban on alcohol isn't the solution. In the grand scheme of things it shouldn't be worried about. As long as we follow our religion - who cares what everyone else is doing.

I totally agree with you. I hadn't thought of that. Islam now a days is so divided everyone has their own thoughts to how they should follow their relgion.
Some people are giving in the "liberal" label while others are being to extreme.
But things like alcohol being provided openly means people will have the urge or temptations to go out and drink. If it isnt available then people won't be tempted too.
i know its not pakistans biggest problems but i dont know. i really want a society where the ummah can really represnts islam.
karankittu thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: aitor-metrowzer

It is permissible for a Muslim man to marry a Christian/Jewish woman (who does not need to convert)

but it is not permissable for a muslim woman to marry a christian/jew...

Yeh i asked my dad about this. There was someone who rang into alim online on GEO i think 2 days ago asking to convert to islam because she wanted to marry a muslim. And she converted on TV. I then asked my dad why did she have to convert when im pretty sure she doesnt have to convert because she was christain but my dad said no the woman has to convert.
Are you sure about this.
Why doesnt the woman have to convert? But the man does?
-shabz- thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail

Yeh i asked my dad about this. There was someone who rang into alim online on GEO i think 2 days ago asking to convert to islam because she wanted to marry a muslim. And she converted on TV. I then asked my dad why did she have to convert when im pretty sure she doesnt have to convert because she was christain but my dad said no the woman has to convert.
Are you sure about this.
Why doesnt the woman have to convert? But the man does?

here is the answer,

http://www.islam-qa.com/en/ref/21380/marriage%20to%20non%20muslims

Ash_Smash thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail

awh wow, your not muslim?

i'm so sorry it might be a bit personal and you might get annoyed.
But can i just ask i've been taught all my life that if a non muslim wants to marry a muslim he or she have to convert.
Have you never been inspired to convert?
I'm just really curious.

Actually a man can marry christian and jewish women, also known as people of the book. But its recommended to marry a muslim. Well I have a very different backround, my father is christian with Pakistani and Spanish backround, and my mother is half french and half Inidan with sikhism as her religion. Finding my own identity was never easy for me at first place, I got choose my own religion. I have known my husband's family since childhood, our families are very close. His family have always been devoted to Islam, and we always respected each others believes.
My mother-in-law is british and chose Islam as her religion for sake of God, not becuase of her husband. Thats the point if I ever would convert to Islam, I would like to have neeyat to do so, in sake of God, not becuase my husband is muslim. I want to understand Islam the best as I can before I may take the step to convert. Allah told humans to read and understand the Quran, use their own brain, question it and understand it. I feel people today just read it and dont understand it, they just listen to a Mullah, who may himself have very limited understanding about Islam
Edited by Ash_Smash - 12 years ago
saarahkhann thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: -Afridimalikk-

LOL yeah pakistan main chichore, english they can hardly speak, but culture, thoroughly follow karna hai goron ka! =P

overdose of drunkards in pakistani dramas and pakistan aajkal i havent been to pakistan from quite a few years, but yes, the dramas show it a lot and yes, our celebrities drink too 🤔
except well fahad does a lot of roles where he drinks, but in real life, he thankfully doesnt! =P

How do you know he (Fahad) doesn't drink alcohol?