Views

Users

Frequent Posters

karankittu thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago
So true
im going to be very honest
I live in the Uk and you know how the english dress and as like everyone else in the world the western society has had a big impact on everyone.
I like to dress in leggings and dresses etc.
But i'm not allowed too.
A woman is allowed to wear what she wants, BUT in the four walls of her own house and not infront of a non mehram.
Obv there is respect boundaries as you will have brothers and fathers in the house.
But when your married and it;s you and your husband there is no problem in dressing sleeveless skirts or whatever you want to dress like.
When my dads at work or he's away on holiday i dress in sleevless or i'll walk around in my pyjamas in my house and it's okay becuse theres only me and my mum at home.
But to do it outside isnt right!!!.

Simialrly with the magrib issue of boys staying out till night.
Ive noticed in the pakistani society boys are given more importance than girls WHY because they carry the generation on SO WHAT?!! big deal!
you need to have both genders for this world to carry on
I dress like some od the models do BUT AT HOME! and my desire to dress liek that is fullfilled.
But i wouldnt dress anything like the actresses do outside.
The world is sucha corrupt a place now.
I dont even know anyone who i turn around to and expect any proper islamic influence everyone seems to be double standards!
And there are no dramas atm or shall i say that have been made for many years about islam or shoiwng islamic importance
its always love stories
or entertaintment types
nothing wrong with them it's nice to watch them now and again
But whats wrong with islamic related stories? If we have them once in a while
like meri zaat zarae beneshaan
Ash_Smash thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: karankittu

So true

im going to be very honest
I live in the Uk and you know how the english dress and as like everyone else in the world the western society has had a big impact on everyone.
I like to dress in leggings and dresses etc.
But i'm not allowed too.
A woman is allowed to wear what she wants, BUT in the four walls of her own house and not infront of a non mehram.
Obv there is respect boundaries as you will have brothers and fathers in the house.
But when your married and it;s you and your husband there is no problem in dressing sleeveless skirts or whatever you want to dress like.
When my dads at work or he's away on holiday i dress in sleevless or i'll walk around in my pyjamas in my house and it's okay becuse theres only me and my mum at home.
But to do it outside isnt right!!!.

Simialrly with the magrib issue of boys staying out till night.
Ive noticed in the pakistani society boys are given more importance than girls WHY because they carry the generation on SO WHAT?!! big deal!
you need to have both genders for this world to carry on
I dress like some od the models do BUT AT HOME! and my desire to dress liek that is fullfilled.
But i wouldnt dress anything like the actresses do outside.
The world is sucha corrupt a place now.
I dont even know anyone who i turn around to and expect any proper islamic influence everyone seems to be double standards!
And there are no dramas atm or shall i say that have been made for many years about islam or shoiwng islamic importance
its always love stories
or entertaintment types
nothing wrong with them it's nice to watch them now and again
But whats wrong with islamic related stories? If we have them once in a while
like meri zaat zarae beneshaan

Well only in this world ..When you die and at the judgement day Allah himself will call you with your mothers name, not the father. if my mom name is ..Aisha, I will be called daughter of Aisha. So what if the boy carry generation in this world ...means nothing. Wese the culture of changing the name after marrige comes from gora tradition. I am not muslim myself, but I am married to a wonderful devoted muslim man.
Edited by Ash_Smash - 12 years ago
MakhannMalaai thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: Ash_Smash

๐Ÿ˜† You have even worse memory then me, ofcourse we have chatted few times, but I forgot you name ๐Ÿ˜†

did u change ur id or something?? my name is my ID..๐Ÿ˜†
Ash_Smash thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Pulwasha

did u change ur id or something?? my name is my ID..๐Ÿ˜†

Is it ?! I did a long time ago, but I remember we talked once, you been to humsafar AT? ๐Ÿ˜†
Edited by Ash_Smash - 12 years ago
starstruckk thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EYMbJXBYOFA&feature=related

That curly haired girl, with the white shirt dancing is Sarwat Gilani and then at 1:28 or so you see her clearer. She seems drunk.

& then of course that idiot, Begum Nawazaish.
cutestar thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Interesting topic.
About a couple of years ago, I read for the first time about celebrities drinking - Humayun saeed in an interview saying he occasionally drinks. I was really shocked, but now I know most of them do ...

Just being rich they think it is justified to have western lifestyle e.g drink , wear the bare minium and see doing all this kind of stuff it is acceptable and are so called "liberal muslims." Although really they use Islam to cover and defend themselves... BUT Islamically drinking is totally forbidden. I think this is forgotten. Sometimes when I see what politicans and celebrities are doing, I wish ( when I work) I have enough money to live comfortably on but not too much of an overload as that tempts to do wrong. You start to think just because you have the money you can do anything.

I agree with what others have said. Living in the UK I feel muslims here are more principled about Islamic values to an extent. Like in a lot of dramas and when I went to holiday in pakistan i saw girls walking around in sleevless kameez and 3/4 . Even in interviews of actresses like Iman Ali and veena Malik we see them wearing dresses showing of their bear legs. Looking at the LUX style awards one cannot guess this is an Islamic Republic, stars samjte hai ke vo Hollywood stars hain aur yeh Oscars hain. Pakistani dressing is really beautiful , they could look equally good if not better in traditional clothes. Ab yeh awards dekh bhi nahi sakte with family. But here muslims girls atleast wear leggings or tights. If a muslim girl just walks around in shorts or something even here this isn't acceptable and this is a western country.Also, a lot of girls here wear head scarves,. However, i think this is more about the way we have been brought up ;I know In mosque I was taught even doing work that involved touching aolchol bottles is wrong nevermind thinking of drinking.

Anyhow, We should always ask Allah ( swt) for hidayat and that we should refrain and never do anything forbidden Inshallah.

Edited by cutestar - 12 years ago
karankittu thumbnail

Originally posted by: Ash_Smash

Well only in this world ..When you die and at the judgement day Allah himself will call you with your mothers name, not the father. if my mom name is ..Aisha, I will be called daughter of Aisha. So what if the boy carry generation in this world ...means nothing. Wese the culture of changing the name after marrige comes from gora tradition. I am not muslim myself, but I am married to a wonderful devoted muslim man.

awh wow, your not muslim?
i'm so sorry it might be a bit personal and you might get annoyed.
But can i just ask i've been taught all my life that if a non muslim wants to marry a muslim he or she have to convert.
Have you never been inspired to convert?
I'm just really curious.
karankittu thumbnail

Originally posted by: starstuck

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EYMbJXBYOFA&feature=related

That curly haired girl, with the white shirt dancing is Sarwat Gilani and then at 1:28 or so you see her clearer. She seems drunk.

& then of course that idiot, Begum Nawazaish.

i know. i was shocked when i saw her.
I didn't expect it from her.
but then tbh i didnt expect it from any of the actors or anyone!
and begum nawazish my gosh! he is just a disgrace!
in the dont tell my mother im in pakistan
he openly says he's bisexual and he has no regrets wth!
karankittu thumbnail

Originally posted by: cutestar

Interesting topic.
About a couple of years ago, I read for the first time about celebrities drinking - Humayun saeed in an interview saying he occasionally drinks. I was really shocked, but now I know most of them do ...

Just being rich they think it is justified to have western lifestyle e.g drink , wear the bare minium and see doing all this kind of stuff it is acceptable and are so called "liberal muslims." Although really they use Islam to cover and defend themselves... BUT Islamically drinking is totally forbidden. I think this is forgotten. Sometimes when I see what politicans and celebrities are doing, I wish ( when I work) I have enough money to live comfortably on but not too much of an overload as that tempts to do wrong. You start to think just because you have the money you can do anything.

I agree with what others have said. Living in the UK I feel muslims here are more principled about Islamic values to an extent. Like in a lot of dramas and when I went to holiday in pakistan i saw girls walking around in sleevless kameez and 3/4 . Even in interviews of actresses like Iman Ali and veena Malik we see them wearing dresses showing of their bear legs. Looking at the LUX style awards one cannot guess this is an Islamic Republic, stars samjte hai ke vo Hollywood stars hain aur yeh Oscars hain. Pakistani dressing is really beautiful , they could look equally good if not better in traditional clothes. Ab yeh awards dekh bhi nahi sakte with family. But here muslims girls atleast wear leggings or tights. If a muslim girl just walks around in shorts or something even here this isn't acceptable and this is a western country.Also, a lot of girls here wear head scarves,. However, i think this is more about the way we have been brought up ;I know In mosque I was taught even doing work that involved touching aolchol bottles is wrong nevermind thinking of drinking.

Anyhow, We should always ask Allah ( swt) for hidayat and that we should refrain and never do anything forbidden Inshallah.

humayun saeed drinks. everytime i read something by someone im more shocked!
totally agree with everything you have said.
I dont wear a scarf in the uk
and my father has tried to force me MANY TIMES! in many ways and i hated it i used to go to school crying!
I have islamic boundries and principles i will never do anything agaisnt islam but the one thing i dont want to do is wear a scarf.
I feel really od because all the whites look at you differently i just dont have te courage but other than that ive never dated anyone or drank or anything else.
I try to read all my namaaz but majoirty of times shaitaan always wins.
im still working on trying to read my 5 times.
But when i go pakistan i wear the scarf with joy i love it and all my cousins walk around bear head and look at me like wth take it off!

i'd love to be with my muslim ummah where everyone practices
cutestar thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: karankittu

humayun saeed drinks. everytime i read something by someone im more shocked!

totally agree with everything you have said.
I dont wear a scarf in the uk
and my father has tried to force me MANY TIMES! in many ways and i hated it i used to go to school crying!
I have islamic boundries and principles i will never do anything agaisnt islam but the one thing i dont want to do is wear a scarf.
I feel really od because all the whites look at you differently i just dont have te courage but other than that ive never dated anyone or drank or anything else.
I try to read all my namaaz but majoirty of times shaitaan always wins.
im still working on trying to read my 5 times.
But when i go pakistan i wear the scarf with joy i love it and all my cousins walk around bear head and look at me like wth take it off!

i'd love to be with my muslim ummah where everyone practices

Totally agree with you , it is difficult.

Edited by cutestar - 12 years ago