Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Meeph thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 12 years ago

Originally posted by: -Afridimalikk-

@meepha: he doesnt! ๐Ÿ˜Š

We know him well, and plus, woh hamesha drunkards ka mazaaq wazaaaq uraa ta hai, he doesnt, i know it pretty well!

Ohh acha.

-shabz- thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
the problem isnt that they are showing people consuming alcohol on the tv...the serials are just showing what is going behind close doors or not so close doors in pakistan...the problem is that people have no more emaan...i have lived in non muslim countries all my life, and on my own,if i wanted i could have experienced alcohol without anyone knowing but i have been told all my life that alcohol is haram...so i would never ever drink it...that is what is missing in todays pakistan....parents do not drill the haram halal concept in their children anymore...tv should show more hadiths and quranic ayats that prohibits alcohol and other behayai, so thay become aware.
people should realize that modernism doesnt mean that you have to shed your clothes and behave like kafirs...you can have a modern thinking within the boundries of the religion.
Usman. thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
celebrities drinking is not much of a shock.. and about a common man... drinking is a normal thing in elite class families in Pakistan.. but that does not mean the majority of people drink here...
Innocent_eyes thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
drinking is common not only in elite classes, even ppl belong to low class also use to drink, its just the parents did not taught their children the exact dofference b/w halal n haram, thy only kow this isn't allowed, don't aware about the consequences thy will come acroos not in life here also here after...i'd idea abiut industry the ppl r too much use too of drinking n all such stuff...n tv p a k aisa behvae krtai hain k un sai ziada sharif to koi aur hi hi nahi...waisai m shocked abt Mahnoor n Rahat fateh...
Arwen11 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Drinking is fairly common amongst the elites and the poor... Elite drink all those foreign wines and the poor the local made-in-tubs variety (and dying of alcohol piosoning ) Yes drinking is shown on dramas but not ALL of them ... Mostly it goes with the characters... as in characters depicting the section of society where alcohol is accessible ... be it a politician (Mera Saien) rich brats .. poor, unemployed, care less fathers ...

You won't find all the characters in all the dramas drinking bcos alcohol is only consumed by a certain section of society ...

Heard the saying "morals iare for the middle classes?" Its true ... alcohol is predominant in the elites or the poors .. not the middle classes ... even amongst the elites and poor ones, its only a certain sector that drinks .. Not all of them ...

So don't judge an entire nation based on the cross section depicted in the dramas .. Yes some people drink, go to clubs .. have sex .. that isn't necessarily bcos they aren't brought up well or whatever... some people were born to good god-fearing parents and brought up with those same values and still indulged in haram stuff ... others have parents who drink etc but they themselves have never touched alcohol ... For my part, i have learnt to judge people on their conduct towards other people ... U can be drunkard and still show common courtesy to a poor beggar .. U can be a panch-waqt ka namazi and still be a part of the white collar crimes ...Religion has nothing to do with how we are as a human ... our personality and behaviour

And oh, based on what i have heard, middle east countries have the highest rate of alcohol consumption etc... and they are the ones policing the morals of the rest of the Muslim Ummah .. goes to show you huh?
Ash_Smash thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Pulwasha

i know you?? ๐Ÿ˜•

๐Ÿ˜† You have even worse memory then me, ofcourse we have chatted few times, but I forgot you name ๐Ÿ˜†
karankittu thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: rahmona_pakswe

Nothing of this surprises me at all. Despite only visiting Pakistan 3 times as a kid which was over 20 years ago (yes I'm old so shush! ๐Ÿ˜†) I have pretty good knowledge of what's happening over there (gosh! I sound like such a smarty pants). Actors/actresses drinking and other stuff doesn't come as a shock. Likewise the info about prostitution. By God...there's a book written about Heera Mandi; 'The dancing Girls of Lahore' by Louise Brown. No I haven't read it only heard about it.

It's funny how pakistanis living outside Pakistan sometimes seems to be far more religious than them living in Pakistan. ๐Ÿค”

EXACTLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! MY POINT!!!!!!!!!!
OMG YOU HAVE SAID WHAT I THINK!
when my dads come over from pakistan to visit my dad always boast about how relgious they are and im like no they are not!
my baji's wear low necks show there back and legs and im like WHAT RELGIOUS!
ive never even allowed to wear half sleeves!
So true outside pakistani's SEEM more relgious
karankittu thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Yeh most of you are right.

It's just weird i was watching a few dramas where most of them had some sort of alcohol in them and i was like okay maybe it's just a one off but then i must have watched about 10 dramas which characters are drinking for fun of it or when they are stressed or depressed etc.
Most of the times dramas are an inspiration of true stories so is all this really going on in pakistan.
People should really talk to children about islam etc hadiths.
God knows where the good islamic upbringing has gone!!!!
And all this about Liberal islam
Honestly wth!
There is no such thing as liberal islam
Or harsh islam
it;s just
ISLAM!!!!!
I guess everyone should have the free will to do what they want because everyone will pay the consequences in the here after
but i feel it's a duty of another muslim to guide another muslim and all this isn't happening in pakistan
everything is just getting worse
How an earth are girls allowed to walk half naked!
even on the ramps do their parents not care!!!!!!!
my dad would kill me if my shalwaar has gone up while im sitting down and you can see a bit of my ankle and leg!
Innocent_eyes thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: karankittu

Yeh most of you are right.

It's just weird i was watching a few dramas where most of them had some sort of alcohol in them and i was like okay maybe it's just a one off but then i must have watched about 10 dramas which characters are drinking for fun of it or when they are stressed or depressed etc.
Most of the times dramas are an inspiration of true stories so is all this really going on in pakistan.
People should really talk to children about islam etc hadiths.God knows where the good islamic upbringing has gone!!!!
And all this about Liberal islam
Honestly wth!
There is no such thing as liberal islam
Or harsh islam
it;s just
ISLAM!!!!!...well said
I guess everyone should have the free will to do what they want because everyone will pay the consequences in the here after
but i feel it's a duty of another muslim to guide another muslim and all this isn't happening in pakistan....rightly said, but now ppl don't think about others srf apni pari hai yahan p sb ko
everything is just getting worse
How an earth are girls allowed to walk half naked!
even on the ramps do their parents not care!!!!!!!...seriously how their parents allowed them to do such things
my dad would kill me if my shalwaar has gone up while im sitting down and you can see a bit of my ankle and leg!...same in the case with me, n if dad won't say anything it ur inner tells u k yar its not right...these all values comes from ur home, ur mom dad taught u about all the things n if u're deviating from them, they should tell beta it isn't right...but i've seen evn in my family parents don't bother to say anything to their childrens n saying k we've full faith in them...to kia our parents don't trust us

where as u talked about that parents should taught their children about Islam n suunah, thy r blindly following the so called culture which includes all the wrong thing,

well here in Pakistan being a democratic state everyone has right of doing what they want bt that doesn't mean u cross the limits which u're ot suppose too...u r a muslim n u should be aware about the limits, their is a very fine line b/w the right n wrong, we should take care not to cross it

Ash_Smash thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
Innocent_eyes I totally agree with you, I also feel that culture and the religion get mixed up, and people choose what fits them, and forget the rest. Thats not right, boys stays outside until midnight and girls have to come home before maghrib...why ? The rule applies for both genders ...