alcohol in dramas and pakistan

karankittu thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago
Every now and again we get to hear news of pakistani actors being drunk or we get to see pics of them being drunk
Mona lisa opnely admitted on Aag she drinks frequently and she said she thought nothing was wrong with it.
I live in the UK and i;ve never even been tempted to drink because my relfion doesnt allow it.
On geo Pakistan on the new years show they showed clippings of people partying for new years.
and sometimes they spoke about partying.
I wanted to ask is there really now clubs and things in pakistan?
Are the youth really heading this way?

Is alcohol openly available.
If it is then what the heck.
It's an islamic state what the heck happend

Also in many dramas they show drinking like it is usual which is annoying. THERE IS NO NEED FOR IT IN OUR DRAMAS!
dramas such as
kinara
and many more i cant even think of.
Iwonder if they drink real alchol but the bottle is always real :\! i am confused to whats going on
Edited by karankittu - 12 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Meeph thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Yes,in Islamabad Many clubs etc have opened up but i guess its ones personal decision to drink or not to drink.

Coming to dramas,basically they show the consequences of drinking,for eg,Pul-e-Siraat!Fahd Mustafa,A drunkard,realised what drinking leads to...so maybe the dramas are trying to teach a lesson to the viewers because they know ppl are getting inclined towards drinking in Pak.

I think its Nestle's juice inside the bottles,but the bottles are real ..😉
serendipity. thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 6
LOL yeah pakistan main chichore, english they can hardly speak, but culture, thoroughly follow karna hai goron ka! =P
overdose of drunkards in pakistani dramas and pakistan aajkal i havent been to pakistan from quite a few years, but yes, the dramas show it a lot and yes, our celebrities drink too 🤔
except well fahad does a lot of roles where he drinks, but in real life, he thankfully doesnt! =P
karankittu thumbnail
yeh like Ayesha khan , mona lisa, and some others.
It's weird.
Because if it is an islamic state then why an earth is alchol allowed.
And yes i understand that they are trying to show the consequences of drinking, but to an audience who shouldnt be anywhere near alcohol and a country where alcohol shouldn't be served.
Aah right, it's really weird. In Kinara i dont know if you have watched the drama or not, but Tooba was sitting in a pub drinking i nearly puked i thought omg!.

I don't know why people are persuaded to drink. Just don't see it. :\!
Alot of people i went college with drink infact many muslims in england do.
what is the muslim ummah coming too! :\!
649486 thumbnail
I've heard from my cousins about the high flying life especially in the GT Road area in Lahore, it was there last time I visited I even attended an event there enough alcohol to nourish a whole city in Pakistan [not that I was complaining:)] I hope I can be there this Summer.
Ash_Smash thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
Have you seen old Pakistani movies from 50 and early70's ?? I think that says it all. When Pakistan was founded in 1947, alcohol was not banned in Pakistan until mr Zulfikar Ali Bhutto came to power, ironically mr Bhutto used to drink himself. Pakistan even used to have its own Playboy magazine, but was banned later. Take a trip to Karachi, Lahore and ISB , you find lot of clubs, prostitution etc. Pakistan's main red light district area is next to badshahi masjid...what Islam in Pakistan ?? Mullah's are the worst in Pakistan, doing even worse things and hijacking Islam

Originally posted by: karankittu

yeh like Ayesha khan , mona lisa, and some others.

It's weird.
Because if it is an islamic state then why an earth is alchol allowed.
And yes i understand that they are trying to show the consequences of drinking, but to an audience who shouldnt be anywhere near alcohol and a country where alcohol shouldn't be served.
Aah right, it's really weird. In Kinara i dont know if you have watched the drama or not, but Tooba was sitting in a pub drinking i nearly puked i thought omg!.

I don't know why people are persuaded to drink. Just don't see it. :\!
Alot of people i went college with drink infact many muslims in england do.
what is the muslim ummah coming too! :\!

Edited by Ash_Smash - 12 years ago
karankittu thumbnail

Originally posted by: Ash_Smash

Have you seen old Pakistani movies from 50 and early70's ?? I think that says it all. When Pakistan was founded in 1947, alcohol was not banned in Pakistan until mr Zulfikar Ali Bhutto came to power, ironically mr Bhutto used to drink himself. Pakistan even used to have its own Playboy magazine, but was banned later. Take a trip to Karachi, Lahore and ISB , you find lot of clubs, prostitution etc. Pakistan's main red light district area is next to badshahi masjid...what Islam in Pakistan ?? Mullah's are the worst in Pakistan, doing even worse things and hijacking Islam

OMG ARE YOU SERIOUS!!! ALL this is so new to me. I have only visited pakistan 3 times in my life. I'm 20 now alhamdulilah and each time ive gone ive only gone for two weeks. Ive never had the chance to go visit anywhere. But the things i see on Tv are like :O!.

I cannot believe all this!
I'm shocked tbh gobsmacked.!

I'm speechless.
So do the majority of pakistan drink or the minority?
in the geo pakistan programme on new years they showed girls wearing mini skirts and hiding there faces coming out of a club! i was shocked!
i was htinking these types of girls must be those who live in hostels and do it behind their parents back.
How can someone drink knowig it is gunah!
And the molanas why what are they doing?!

im shocked to bits!.

My dad always goes on about how rleigous pakistan is and he taunts british born muslims and i have never shown skin ive never been allowed to wear three quarters and nor have i worn anything out of the house behind my parents back as i know Allah is watching me!

and prositutes :O! i obv know that there must be some but it sounds like theres loads! No wonder there is alot of azaab in pakistan
karankittu thumbnail

Originally posted by: karankittu

OMG ARE YOU SERIOUS!!! ALL this is so new to me. I have only visited pakistan 3 times in my life. I'm 20 now alhamdulilah and each time ive gone ive only gone for two weeks. Ive never had the chance to go visit anywhere. But the things i see on Tv are like :O!.

I cannot believe all this!
I'm shocked tbh gobsmacked.!

I'm speechless.
So do the majority of pakistan drink or the minority?
in the geo pakistan programme on new years they showed girls wearing mini skirts and hiding there faces coming out of a club! i was shocked!
i was htinking these types of girls must be those who live in hostels and do it behind their parents back.
How can someone drink knowig it is gunah!
And the molanas why what are they doing?!

im shocked to bits!.

My dad always goes on about how rleigous pakistan is and he taunts british born muslims and i have never shown skin ive never been allowed to wear three quarters and nor have i worn anything out of the house behind my parents back as i know Allah is watching me!

and prositutes :O! i obv know that there must be some but it sounds like theres loads! No wonder there is alot of azaab in pakistan
And omg are you joking about a playboy magazine! :o :o :O :O WTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Alu- thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
Haan check out Restruants in Karachi if you ask for alcolhol they serve you.
Elite class people are always drinking
Just Keep a look out many Restruants have it these days
karankittu thumbnail
oh god!. if you ask! you get it. this is getting worse! flippin hell! im shocked and upset! what happend to the islamic state! :(!!!!