Articles
Trailers
Full Episodes
OST+Lyrics
Review
Trivia
Fanclub

Review

When the first promo of Mein Chaand Si came out, I was quite excited. It is undoubtedly one of ARY's most well promoted show. Promos introducing lead characters were interesting, and did evoke interest in me at least.

The serial that is directed by Babar Javed has a story to tell differently. It is the tale of four characters namely:

Farhan(Fahad): Farhan is in love with Irsa, but he has a deep,dark secret that he wishes to hide at any cost. He is 'badtameez' and has no control over his words.

Irsa(Saba) : She is a beautiful, selfish and straight forward girl. She is rebellious and will not take anyone's orders.

Salar(Sami) : He is the loving husband, and 'bechara miyan' at the same time.

Fatima(Sana) : She is the religious, outspoken girl, who believes in her values. She is loving and caring.

This is the story of love, faith, betrayal, and revenge. The story, which is told in flashback mood, opens slowly, but you are fortunately not bored as there is so much happening in the present too.

This is mainly about Irsa, who was happily married to Salar, but due to some domestic issues the two have to end their relationship. Both move on with their life with Salar marrying Fatima, and Irsa ends up with Farhan, who is his cousin, and has loved her for years. The story moves with the past opening up rather slowly, and the present moving at the right speed.

I must mention that all four characters are different and very nicely sketched. Brownie points to the writer for that, but then there are negatives too. The secrets take out forever coming, and by the time it is out; it does not leave the impact it should have. i.e.: Everyone and their dogs could've guessed the 'hiv' case. The suspense builds up, but opens too late, and at the wrong time.

The dialogues are very real, and not look forced which is a good thing. The OST is different, and hard on lips, but definitely good to listen to. The editing is hazy at places, but the background is superb.

Having pointed out certain positives and negatives, I must mention some brilliant scenes too. When Babar Javed is handling the command, you know the emotional quotient is going to be high. For instance,

The scene where Irsa blames Salar of beign impotent, or when she breaks down realizing Farhan has ruined her life is amazing. Babar Javed is a name to reckon with. The man is in full form; only he could've given this touch to this serial. Babar has done many different dramas in the past, but this is among one of his most difficult work, and he passes with excellent marks.

Now to the acting; the serial belongs to two actors: Saba Qamar and Fahad Mustafa. Fahad is an exceptional talent. The actor, who has done variety of roles over the years, plays a character which has grey shades to it. I honestly took time digesting him in the role, but he grows on you thanks to the powerful performance. Saba Qamar on the other hand is another talent who deserves a standing ovation. I always had full faith over this power house of a performer, but here she proves her again. The actress has carved a niche for herself, and is there in the A-League. She is amazing in all scenes, especially when she breaks down. SUPERB!

Sami Khan has been, and again is, repetitive. The actor plays the devdas kinda role again, but this time there looks to be a sincere effort. The actor is acceptable.

Sana Askari, who is seen in numerous dramas these days, is also getting type cast. The actress, who sounds same, no matter what character she is playing, is getting boring to watch on screen now. Personally, I did not like her get-up in the serial either. Acting wise, she is good, but I know she is capable of much more.

Rest of the cast is good. One of the best things about this serial is that everyone acts well. Over all, this is a different serial from one of the most popular production houses. This is not for the masses, but for those who like quality. Yes, it has some flaws(mainly from writing point of view), but this is an earnest effort which deserves to be applauded.

Ratings :

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

BlackStar. thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago
I lovee this drama! <33
Taify thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
wat do u love abt it ?
cutestar thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
I'm following this one . Agree with the article in that the only plus points are really Saba + Fahad's acting. Sami is playing the same character type as in every other of his dramas. I'm actually liking Sana Asghari's getup though ...

Its getting interesting. Irsa has HIV. Her brother doesn't want her in the house. Wonder what will happen next. BUT the thing that still hasn't been answered is why did irsa and salar get divorced > 🤔

Usman. thumbnail
never followed it regularly.. happen to watch y'day's epi.. and i really liked SQ's acting.. she was mindblowing.. and the story seems good too
Taify thumbnail
Saba bohot accha roti hay. LOL =P
notavailable thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
I personally enjoy this serial every week. My fave scenes are of Fatima when compared to Irsa... Saba Qamar is much better in Maat!
Taify thumbnail
Irsa has shades of Saman.
Dimdim thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Thanks for the heads up will try to watch it .