Mere Charagar(GEO TV)Review:|

chaha_khan thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago

Review

Mere Charagar, which is based on the novel of same name, starring some of the biggest names in the business today, is the drama we are dissecting here for you. This 7th Sky Production hasn't been able to garner the kind of ratings it deserved, thanks to the volcano called Humsafar.

Before continuing with the review, I must mention that I am not a huge fan of having all the big stars in one serial, no matter no strong the characters are.

Now moving on with the serial; this is the story of Abeeha(Ayesha Khan). Abeeha who is madly in love with her cousin, is forced out of her house when a misundertstanding seeds in. She is then married to her cousin Rafay(Ahsan Khan), by her mother. lot. The serial then turns into a roller-coaster ride of emotions, which keeps you entertained and hooked

The serial also has some side-tracks, which truly do not work. The whole Gia Ali track stands like a sore thumb. It actually spoils the happenings, and wasn't required at all. Alishba Yusuf's track is very weak too. How I wish both these were totally avoided(or atleast restricted), as that would've given us a faster-paced serial.

It might have its weaknesses, but the serial also has high-points. The lead character keeps you glued. Ayesha Khan does total justice to the character. Yes, she does look old, but does total justice to it. This is her best performance in recent times. The serial showcases her great talent. I must mention that the actress also looks beautiful.

Ahsan Khan hasn't done anything remarkable recently, and this is another addition to his ever-growing useless characters list. This remarkable talent does play his role well, but doesn't get much to do. Sawera Pasha is the scene stealer. The scene where she breaks down is exceptional.The actress makes you cry.

Javed Sheikh is an asset. The actor has done variety of roles in 2011, and this is another great performance from him. His dialogue delivery is great. Rubina Ashraflooks the part and is great like always. Gia Ali gets nothing to do and move here and there. Shagufta Ijaz is likeable in a small role. Jibran is boring.Alishba is getting better with every role. Saba Faisal and Hashim Rehman are themselves. Azzfarneeds to work on his dialogue delivery.

As far as the script is concerned, it is powerful, but as I had pointed it out earlier; it could've been better if the Gia Ali track was removed as it looks forced. It only gets exciting once she resumes the relationship with Javed Sheikh. The serial might remind you of MZZBN, but it has a soul of its own. The dialogues are powerful. The OST should've been better. The serial surely deserved a better one. The serial has a different look which goes fine with the story.

The editing is okay, but a good BG music is missing. Director, Siraj-ul-Haq, leaves a mark. He tells a simple story, in a very simple way, which works. Rukhsana Nigar hasn't done many changes in the script, and lifts most of the things off her novel.

Over all, there is certain glitches, but this serial is surely better than most of the serials that we have on-air these days. Unfortunately, it didn't live up to the mark, but I am sure you will love it if you are a fan of tragic serials, with strong emotional element.

Rating:

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Taify thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
My poori family loves this serial =S =D
simplytoxic thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
I watched the 1st episode, but it didn't get me hooked. I didn't like the cast... I wish that they concentrated more on selecting people who actually fit the role. Like Humsafar works so well cuz everyone fits the role perfectly! I felt Ayesha Khan didn't suit this role and that completely ruined the drama for me...
Taify thumbnail
May be, bu she is great in the drama. I just noticed she won an award for it =P
BlackStar. thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
I watched about 7-8 episodes, but then i gave up. There's something lacking, and yess there are many unnecessary tracks in the drama.. Ayesha's performance is excellent but she looks old..
It's an OK drama..
I find Maaye Ni and Humsafar more entertaining.
Plus Ahsan Khan is one actor who i cannot tolerate onscreen.
starstruckk thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Ayesha Khan does look old these days..I don't know what it is..but she's merely 28 or 29...yet she looks older than her age. She looks horrible in Kuch Pyar Ka Pagalpan because she looks way older than everyone else..yet the funny thing is she's around the same age as the other 3 characters.

However, I've heard some good things about this drama..I think it has to do with Rubina Ashraf and Ayesha Khan's acting..I tried watching the drama though..but it didn't click with me.

and yes, I agree with simplytoxic..the cast is very important for most dramas these days. I feel Mere Charagar doesn't have an appealing cast. Ayesha Khan herself doesn't seem to pull in viewers..even though I do think she's a good actress..but her acting alone isn't enough. The story, from what I've heard is nice..however, the cast never clicked with me...Sawera Pasha? Javed Sheikh? ...I'll pass. 😆..I like Ahsan Khan though..but once again...I don't think Ahsan Khan's a crowd puller on his own.

Edited by starstuck - 12 years ago
Usman. thumbnail
its a good one.. more for intelligent viewers and not for masses i guess..
I completely agree with the review .. Gia Khan's track was not required.. it looked completely forced in the narrative.. i'm sure if it was not a competition with Humsafar.. it would have done better in terms of rating.. but i just noticed Geo changed its day and timing.. it will air on tuesday from next week.. isnt it quite late now?
SunShine_A thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
is the other actor in the poster is same actor from Namastey London, Rishi Kapoor's friend in the movie?
Edited by SunShine_A - 12 years ago
Usman. thumbnail

Originally posted by: SunShine_A

is the other actor in the poster is same actor from Namastey London, Rishi Kapoor's friend in the movie?

yes.. he is Javed Sheikh.. he has acted in a few Indian movies
Taify thumbnail

Originally posted by: Sana.B

I watched about 7-8 episodes, but then i gave up. There's something lacking, and yess there are many unnecessary tracks in the drama.. Ayesha's performance is excellent but she looks old..
It's an OK drama..
I find Maaye Ni and Humsafar more entertaining.
Plus Ahsan Khan is one actor who i cannot tolerate onscreen.

looks like ur teh reviewer :P same 2 same