Ayesha Takia: I will quit films if I marr

sawariyah thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago
Ayesha Takia: I will quit films if I marry...
Mar 17, 2006

Courtesy: Mid-Day

Ayesha Takia
HiTLIST caught up with Ayesha Takia, who has at least six new films coming up. Read on...

What has worked in your favour?
One, God's blessings. Two, mom's advice. Three, my attitude that the heavens will not fall, if I don't do a particular film.

Your mom always accompanies you on the sets?
My mom is with me, but that does not imply that Bollywood is a bad world. Film shooting is for long periods and it's always good to have someone around; someone you know.

You consult your mom and Farhan before signing a film ?
It's important that they say what they feel, but at the end of the day, I take the final decision. I know what I want and what I don't. I will never smooch, or do a bed scene.

There are rumours that you are getting married on April 7.
First, they said March 6 —now they have postponed it to April 7! But there was another rumour recently, that Farhan and I have split.

Will you quit films if you marry?
Yes, I will quit films when I marry. I will not be able to manage a career and my home. I will never juggle the two.

What is your take on marriage?
I think marriage is very important in life. I would love to experience it and make it the best I can.

Were you aware that Shaadi Se Pehle had Mallika Sherawat, when you signed it?
Yes. I was aware of it; Mallika was signed before me. But Mallika's presence doesn't bother me at all. I am confident about my role and that's all that matters.

Mallika doesn't get along with co-stars. Did you face any such problems??
I have no scenes with Mallika. We shot the climax together, but there too, we were not asked to interact on any dialogue.

How would you feel if Mallika stole the show?
I have never thought about competition — who wears what, who has how many scenes. I always put my best forward and wish that everyone's role works for the film.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Me_Anonymous thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 18 years ago
she seems a cool person
thanx for sharing
umi82990 thumbnail