Surya or Vijay ???? Updtd pg1

ammoos thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 13 years ago

Suryah out Vijay in for Mani Ratnam flick Ponniyin Selvan

Earlier we had told you about Surya and Vikram being considered for the next Mani Ratnam flick titled Ponniyin Selvan which is based on a Tamil historical novel by the same name. We know that Surya is busy with many other projects lately and the news that Mani had a preference for Vikram in the lead didn't sit well with Surya as the hero was not interested for a secondary role in the movie.

Now we have come to know that Vijay and Vishal have been added to the cast along with Vikram. Surya as of now doesn't seem to be a part of the picture as Vijay seems to be grabbing all the hotspots earlier reserved for Surya, earlier it was Nanban and now it's the same case with Ponniyin Selvan.

There are talks that Sun Pictures will be putting in a staggering Rs.200 crores for this project and Ilayaraja is also being considered for the musical department. After director Shankar's Nanban Surya is missing out on another prestigious offer alongside veteran director Mani Ratnam who is keen on fleshing out the characters of his new team that includes Vijay,Vishal and Vikram.

Three V's for Victory they say, so shall it be.

http://www.kollytalk.com/surya/surya-out-vijay-in-for-mani-ratnam-flick-ponniyin-selvan/
Edited by ammoos - 13 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

ammoos thumbnail
Which is the movie NANBAN ?? .. Is it the remake of 3 idiots?? But it was named 3 Rascals right😕
Caryn thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

Strange Surya doesn't want to do secondary role. i thought he was down to earth and not that type. What a pity.

petticoat thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
I hope surya knows what he is doing :S
Aahaana thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6

^Uma, nanban is the remake of 3 idiots.

Regs this news, how can we be so sure..so fare Surya has been keen to do movies with multiple star when others had walked out so I doubt thats the case here🤔

Roshni. thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
With knowing Surya as down to earth, I would doubt this! When he can do a cameo in Manmadhan Ambu, I think the reason is something else! Because he got recognition even in that secondary role in Pithamagan!
ammoos thumbnail
Vijay doubtful in Mani Ratnam's Ponniyin Selvan

Ilayathalapathy Vijay, who is touted to be in the casting of Mani Ratnam's mega-budget project 'Ponniyin Selvan', has not signed the dotted lines with the director leading to the doubt that he might be missed out of the project. Sources close to Vijay have come up with a new statement that the actor and director have not been into any discussions regarding the project yet.

Mani Ratnam's period flick is expected to have the three Vs namely, Vishal, Vikram and Vijay in the lead roles alongside Mahesh Babu. As far the close source's reports, Mani has asked time for a private discussion with Vijay and the actor has accepted for it.

So, only after their meet confirmed news regarding Vijay's presence in 'Ponniyin Selvan' will be come the light. 'Ponniyin Selvan' will be produced by Sun Pictures at an unbelievable cost and lets hope for things to progress in a positive way!

Earlier there was news of Mani Ratnam's 3-V Project hitting a stumbling block as the Director was facing problems in dealing with the egoistic attitudes of the said heroes. Howsoever it was also said that Vikram is still hanging on as the actor is repaying the gratitude for his earlier venture Raavanan with Mani Ratnam.

Now the good news is that Ilayathalapathy Vijay will also be joining the clan soon and he will be donning the popular daring and adventurous character of Vanthiya Devan from the historic Kalki mega novel Ponniyin Selvan.

Besides Vijay, Vikram, Vishal and Telugu actor Mahesh Babu are also acting in pivotal roles. The movie is expected to be funded by Sun Pictures who are putting in a whopping 200 crores along with Mani's very own production/distribution banner Madras Talkies. Isai Gnani Ilayaraja is supposedly roped in for the project to handle musical duties.

Ace director Mani Ratnam is hoping that the movie will become a huge hit and also confirms that every character in the film will be having its own importance.

🤣🤣🤣🤣
What else do the viewers do after all these publicity stunts🤣🤣
Next we will hear its again Surya😕🤔
Edited by ammoos - 13 years ago
kavya.b thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
ohhh god...my head is aching
seriously tooo much of publicity stunts

anyway, i want surya in this movie
ever cherished dream of watching MB n surya in movie will b fulfilled....i jus hope that they both will have atleast one scene together in a frame...too much of fan-ism??? no na?
Rishi87 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
all the best vijay prove urself that u can do these kind of movies also
Iridescence1 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
vijay is always in a web of messes .... this is probably all publicity stunts or rumors.... i doubt surya would have a problem with doing a second hero role... who ever it i'm sure can pull it off.. am a fan of Suriya and Vijay 😳 so I'll be happy with either