Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

--Rachna-- thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 14 years ago
This is one of my favourite songs of Shreya. I think my favourite for 2008. I loved her singing in this song so I give her 10/10. Well done Shreya 👏!!!
Ranbir.Fan thumbnail
I love this song of shreya's. Its ofcourse one of her best songs & I never get tired of listening to it. She surely deserves a 10/10👍🏼
xobile thumbnail
For me, this song represents the moment when Shreya truly succeeded Alka Yagnik.

This song showcases the Shreya of today - she has built upon her Hindustani base by adding western influences and bringing in more vibrancy in her expression (of course her voice has matured, which helps). What Alka was to the 1990's, Shreya has become to the 2000's.

Eerie coincidence:

Alka's song in this round is the 90's superhit 'Poochho Zara Poochho Mujhe Kya Hua Hai' for Karisma Kapoor.

Shreya's song is the 2000's superhit 'Haan Poochho Na Poochho Mujhe Kya Hua Hai' for Kareena Kapoor.

😕😕

I'm scoring this a nine because of the flawless singing, given the difficult song. The tunes are very difficult. The tempo is not leisurely like it was or Alisha's 'Dil Ko Hazaar Baar'. And there is a lot of work with the beats - relisten to the song and you'll pick up on the work that gas gone into working with this unique theka. Particularly, the 'Yeh Ishq Hai' refrain is not too melodic - to give it punch, you have to work consistently with the patterns of the rhythm. Expression and the Westernised projection is also worth a mention.

Of course there are even more difficult songs to come, for which the elusive 10/10 is reserved :)Edited by xobile - 14 years ago
Cutiepie_Rani thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
A beautiful song and sung very well by the very talented Shreya! I''m in college right now and don't have time to give a very full analyis on her singing. I'm already a bit late in giving my ratings so I'm going to have to keep it very short. She sung the song so well. So close to being flawless! But when you put her voice behind an actress like Kareena (no offense) the voice doesn't match. Still nevertheless, she did a fabulous job singing this song and giving full justice to it. Her voice came out different in this song and as I truly believe in versatility I def think she showed that.

Final rating: 9

risingabove thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Polls are closed!!!

Audience Avg: 9.8
Judges Avg: 9.3

Final Score: 9.5

Congrats to Shreya Ghosal! A new high score in the competition of 9.5!!!!