Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

--Rachna-- thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 14 years ago

Originally posted by: ssk13809

How do I know she can't sing that type of song? Maybe because she never has. Can you show me any song, live or recorded, where Shreya sang any song similar to that one? I mean, sure she probably can sing it, in a literal sense, but sing it well enough for her voice to be used in playback singing for that type of song?

Nope

As I said I do not want to get in a debate with you so I would prefer not to answer your question but if anyone else wants to do it then feel free to do so...
ssk13809 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: --Rachna--

As I said I do not want to get in a debate with you so I would prefer not to answer your question but if anyone else wants to do it then feel free to do so...

There is no debate. Shreya hasn't sung songs like that. End of debate.
p@ras thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

I don't agree at all. After all, Sunidhi Chauhan is the self-proclaimed "Most Versatile Female Singer in India" . And rightfully so. Shreya can't do a Dhoom Machale, she can't do a Aisa Jadoo, and the list goes on. She can't do any explosive song period.

Just the way it would sound awful if sunidhi sang 'teri ore'

An excellent song by shreya composed by none other than ARR
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5xothA560KM[/YOUTUBE]
Edited by p@ras - 14 years ago
ssk13809 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: p@ras

Just the way it would sound awful if sunidhi sang 'teri ore'

Not really. See "Mere Haath Mein" from Faana
sunandshine thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Isnt this Shreya's thread where we should be discussing Shreya..why all the topics end up as a comparison topic between singers?

None can compare legends. Its immature to do so!!

When some Music Director has to record a song like 'Aisa Jadoo", they are going to first think of Sunidhi and if they want to record a song like 'Goonji si hai" Shreya would be the singer of choice!! Edited by sunandshine - 14 years ago
p@ras thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Not really. See "Mere Haath Mein" from Faana

We have to accept that shreya is good at romantic numbers and sunidhi in the fast and pop type...I think just like shreya cant sing the pop ones sunidhis voice matches better with the fast tracks and not soft tunes so they better stick to that and let us just enjoy the music
Hunk101 thumbnail

I don't agree at all. After all, Sunidhi Chauhan is the self-proclaimed "Most Versatile Female Singer in India" . And rightfully so. Shreya can't do a Dhoom Machale, she can't do a Aisa Jadoo, and the list goes on. She can't do any explosive song period.

😆 Do u really think so? Even I used to think like this about 4 years back.
If Shreya is given an opportunity we know what she can do the best example is Yeh ishq hai, noone could have sung yeh ishq the way shreya did, pritam gave her an opportunity & she gave it her damn best as said by everyone!

Another thing Can Sunidhi sing a CLASSICAL No.?  If not than what is it that makes her your so called SELF PROCLAIMED VERSATILE?

Edited by Hunk101 - 14 years ago
kuhu.kuhu thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
I don't understand why somebody has to quote me If I am stating my opinion..I didn't want to quote ssk as I didn't want to make this thread clumsy ....

Thanks Hunk101 ...But do not carry this convo forward...one who is adament will continue to quote and keep pouncing on the same issue ..what 's the point..I think Shreya is extremely versatile ..u know that too....

I also think shreya not only can sing Lataji type song but she can sing sensuous , naughty song too...e.g ...Koi nahi hai kamre mein from Dhoom...I am not going to reply to this thread anymore because I have nothing against Sunidhi ..I think they both rock ....

And no matter what anybody says ..I think Shreya is one of the most versatile singers we have in the industry today...

Amen...
risingabove thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Polls are now closed!!!

Final Audience Avg: 9.6
Final Judges Avg: 8.5

Final Score: 9.1!!!
Edited by risingabove - 14 years ago