Rajkumar Santoshi:APKGK is a Laurel-Hardy type....

426420 thumbnail
Posted: 14 years ago
Rajkumar Santoshi:AJAB PREM is a Laurel-Hardy type of comedy

view MUSIC LAUNCH OF AJAB PREM KI GHAZAB KAHANI picture gallery

October 2, 2009 3:56:46 PM IST
Rachana, Bollywood Trade News Network
Way back in 1994 when Rajkumar Santoshi's ANDAZ APNA APNA released nobody in their wildest of dreams must have imagined that it will achieve such a cult status and become a hot favourite among every household (whose DVD's and VCD's will sell like hotcakes). Nevertheless Rajkumar continued with the message-driven social films all these years and never attempted to make a humorous film.

But now after a lengthy gap, the filmmaker is back to comedy. And all eyes are set on his next film, romantic comedy AJAB PREM KI GHAZAB KAHANI starring Ranbir Kapoor and Katrina Kaif in the lead.
Comparisons are bound to happen. So do we expect another cult in the making with AJAB PREM KI GHAZAB KAHANI. Laughs off Santoshi, ''Ya you can!'' He further adds, ''But on serious notes, I hope the film to do really well. We have put in a lot of hardwork and efforts behind it. I hope the audience love and admire it the same way they did for ANDAZ APANA APNA.''

And how different is AJAB PREM...from ANDAZ APNA APNA, considering both belong to the same genre - Comedy. Santoshi draws out the difference here, ''Definitely there's lot of difference between the two. AJAB PREM concentrates on love aspect, what is love all about. It gives importance to romance...though the matter of the film sounds a bit serious one but the presentation is light-hearted. Unlike most lovestories which has some tragedy attached to it, AJAB is an absolute fun ride,'' But looking at the promos which are currently on air, one does see the reflection of ANDAZ APNA APNA in AJAB PREM. ''Yes even AJAB PREM KI GHAZAB KAHANI is a situational comedy and does have the flavour of ANDAZ APNA APNA. But overall AJAB PREM humour is very much different from that of ANDAZ,'' says Santoshi.

So what is the ghazab ki baat about this AJAB PREM...KAHANI. In an excited tone Santoshi talks about his new film,''(Smiles) The entire film is ghazab. Ghazab chemistry, ghazab romance, ghazab lovestory, ghazab starcast and so on...I am sure when people will watch AJAB PREM they will carry the smile on their face. AJAB PREM is all about bringing the smile. A very positive energy flows throughout the film and people will love it to the core. Ranbir and Katrina have really worked hard and their pairing looks amazing on-screen.'' Jokes Santoshi, ''You can call it a Laurel-Hardy type of comedy. Ranbir on giving and Katrina on receiving end.''

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

friends_rock thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
yeah but not on net..i can wait to listen to atifs song!
426420 thumbnail

Originally posted by: 4ev3r

Is the music out?

The music launch have happend yesterday! the cds are out but the music on the net havent been out yet i think it well be out in some hours!
friends_rock thumbnail
song samples

http://rapidshare.com/files/284745909/Ajab_Prem_Ki_Gazab_Kahaani_2009_Preview_Tracks_Dj_Maza.rar

only 3 are good.... atifs,KK and kehlash
3365 thumbnail
i liked the 2 songs which have come out till now. rest will wait and watch. is the music out? :O
friends_rock thumbnail
the song samples re out...check them out! i posted the link

tu jane na (both)
main tera dhadkan
tera hone laga hon

only these 3 are good..others are 👎🏼
friends_rock thumbnail
Tracklist :
00 - Main Tera Dhadkan Teri - KK & Sunidhii Chauhan
00 - Tera Hona Laga Hoon - Atif Aslam & Alisha Chinoy
00 - Aa Jao Meri Tamanna - Javed Ali
00 - Tu Jaane Na - Kailash Kher
00 - Prem Ki Naiiyya - Neeraj Shridhar
00 - Tu Jaane Na (Reprise) - Atif Aslam
00 - O By God - Sunidhii Chauhan, Mika Singh & Hard Kaur
00 - Tu Jaane Na (Unplugged - KK
00 - Tera Hone Laga Hoon (Remix) - Atif Aslam & Alisha Chinoy
00 - Aa Jao Meri Tamanna (Remix) - Javed Ali
00 - Main Tera Dhadkani Teri (Remix) - KK & Alisha Chinoy
00 - Tu Jaane Na (Remix) - Atif Aslam
00 - Prem Ki Naiiyya (Remix) - Neeraj Shridhar
starchase thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
thanxs. i love andaz apna apna. really lookin foward to this:)
Edited by salma434 - 14 years ago