MG FF: Winter's End Thread 2 link 1st post - 4.2.14

Mina420 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 10 years ago

Hello everyone, here I am again after a rather long time with a new fan fiction.
What can I say about the plot... it isn't a mystery and neither is it comedy. It is something I started writing a 3 and 1/2 years ago but only went back to it a few days ago. I hope you will like it and give me positive feedback.
Ah, and for those who complained about little Maaneet moments in Hoshiarpur Express will find no reason to complaint here.
So, sit back and enjoy:

Just to let you know, the tile is still not fixed... so if you find something more appropriate, please let me know

Add MysteryMina for pms!

Index:
Prologue (scroll down)
Chapter 1 (scroll down)

Chapter 2
Chapter 3

Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
I turned GOLDIE
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25 Maha Episode
Chapter 26 Part A
Chapter 26 Part B
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32

Link to thread 2
Edited by Mina420 - 10 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Mina420 thumbnail

Add MysteryMina for pms!

Prologue

A little girl held her hand outside her window. She felt the tiny snowflakes on her hand. Overnight the entire city had been covered with a carpet of white snow. She saw it every year but still it never failed to fascinate her.

"Geet beta, are you watching the snow again?" Rano lifted her daughter.

"Haan mamma. It is beautiful isn't it?" Geet replied.

"Mamma, I when I grow up and get my baby, I want her to see snow, too." Rano laughed at her daughter's remark. She had never dreamed of such a live. When she had married Mohinder he was still struggling and now he was very successful. His work had brought him to this small town in Germany and he had insisted on her and Geet to move with him. The first time Geet had seen snow she had ran out and played with it till her hands and feet were all red. She loved to build snowmen or make snow angels. Rano prayed that her little daughter got her wish. She was happy with her live and wanted nothing less for Geet. But things seldom come as one wants them to. Geet will be one to get to know.

Edited by Mina420 - 10 years ago
Mina420 thumbnail

Add MysteryMina for pms!

Chapter 1

Geet looked at her paper work. Since she had taken over the work, paper was all she got to see in a day. And she had the feeling that the more she was working, the more paper filed up.

"I can't do this" she concluded one evening. Adi looked at her. He felt sorry for this girl.

"Look Geet I am sure you can do it."

"Thanks for trying to encourage me Adi but this is way too much. I have never learned anything about business and now I need to run an entire company on my own." She looked at the fat book Adi had given her. There was everything she needed to know but didn't have time to read it.

"Adi, call a meeting with absolutely everyone who works for me. I can't do this alone I need everyone's help." Adi nodded. He knew Geet now for some time. She never took help and she was proud to be able to do all her work herself. But this was different. If she didn't take over this company a lot of people would have lost their jobs. She didn't want to be responsible for that.

Next morning Geet didn't want to believe her eyes. There were only a handful people in the big room.

"IS THIS IT?" she asked into the crowd. They all looked at each other.

Geet fell into her chair and sighed.

"Great. What happened with all the other employees?"

"They left ma'am. Most of them took up jobs at other companies because this one is closing soon." Romeo said.

"And why are you all here then, why don't you all leave?" Geet was frustrated.

"Because we believe in you." Manish said.

"Ok" Geet felt encouraged enough to say what she wanted:

"Listen everyone. I am Geet and I have to run this place now. I am not doing it because I have too much time on my hand but I am doing it so you guys don't lose your jobs. I know how hard it is to live without the prospect of a regular income.

But I don't know how to run a company. I come from a science background. Ask me about the liver or kidney and I can entertain you for a whole day, but ask me about business and I won't be even able to tell you about the straight line in the B.

I need your help. You all have worked here for quite some time now and know what needs doing. If possible I want one person from each department to come to me, who, I don't care. I want you to tell me what you do and what is important. It is going to be like a crash course for me. I am sorry for this rather unpleasant news but we can give it a try, can't we." They all nodded. They dispersed but one person was sitting in a corner and did not move.

"Miss, what shall I do?" he asked Geet.

"Which department do you belong to?"

"Actually I am an intern here." Geet raised her brow.

"Intern? What made you join this firm? You seem bright enough so why not some other place?"

"I like it here and to be honest I send off my application too late for the others" he replied rather embarrassed. Geet liked his honesty.

"Did you just finish college?" He nodded.

"What did you do there?"

"Business"

"Then you are just my man. From today on you are my personal tutor. Your job is to teach me what I need to do. What is your name?"

"Vicky."

"Ok Vicky, follow me."

Geet and Vicky left. Later that afternoon Geet met with various people. She thanked them all that they still stuck with Mishra Constructions and asked them about their work. Vicky made notes and explained Geet what is important and what not.

At the end Geet's head was full of information which needed a good nights sleep to digest, but the day was not over yet.

"Riya, how are you?" Geet asked.

"..."

"How is Armaan? Did he settle in well?"

"..."

"Yes, work is doing better now. Today I met with an Angel. He just finished his college and is helping me understand this business stuff."

"..."

"Ok, I don't want to keep you awake, take care." She hung up and continued work.

punam2712 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 3 Thumbnail
NEW STORY
MINA WELCOME BACK
SOUNDS INTERESTING
CONTINUE SOON
ammu5 thumbnail
welcome back...interesting start
Shalve thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 3 Thumbnail
interesting start...loved it
Maaneet099 thumbnail
oooh i am already loving it! Cannot wait for the story to unravel :D
-indu- thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
Welcome...was missing ur writing from some time...glad u r back...

nice intro and part 1...with too many questions...

do continue soon...
flowing_river thumbnail
welcome back..😊
I just loved the banner ..it's beautiful...😃
and yeah plot sounds interesting too...
continue soon..😃
Thanx for PM
honeygrape thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 3 Thumbnail
firstly glad you are back...welcome back...
thanku for this wonderful story..very very intersting start...sure that i l love the story..eager to read more