Simiyy thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 27 days ago

Sahiba lives alone with Akeer in Panesar.

Diljeet and his family are their neighbours. 

Sahiba Home

As Sahiba tucked Akeer into bed, the soft glow of the nightlight cast a warm and gentle light across the room. Akeer, with his eyes filled with curiosity, looked up at Sahiba.

"Mama, can you tell me about Papa again?" Akeer asked in his soft voice.

Sahiba paused, her expression thoughtful. "You know, puttar, sometimes people are very busy with their work, including Papa. He's working hard, just like many others."

Akeer's brow furrowed slightly. "But why haven't I met Papa yet? Will I ever get to see him?"

Sahiba's heart sank momentarily, knowing the complexity of the situation. "Mera Puttar, Akeer, there are some things that Mama will explain to you when you're a bit older. "

Akeer nodded slowly, his young mind trying to make sense of it all. "Okay, Mama. Can you tell me a story about a brave knight instead?"

Sahiba smiled, grateful for Akeer's innocence. "Of course, my dear. Once upon a time, in a kingdom far away, there lived a brave knight named Sir Akeer..."

As Sahiba began to narrate the tale of the courageous knight and his adventures, Akeer's imagination soared. Sahiba's soothing voice and the enchanting story carried Akeer into the realm of dreams, where knights, dragons, and distant fathers blended into the fabric of his bedtime fantasies.

As Sahiba sat in the quiet of the night after putting Akeer to sleep, her mind drifted back to a painful chapter of her life. The memories flooded her thoughts like a relentless tide.

She recalled the heartbreaking moment when Angad, her husband, had cast her out of their home after she suffered a miscarriage. The loss of their unborn child had been a devastating blow, but what hurt even more was Angad's cruel blame. He had accused her of being responsible for his father's death as well, compounding her anguish.

Inder, her beloved father-in-law, had held a special place in her heart. His tragic death, occurring right before her eyes, had shattered her world. The memories of that fateful day were vivid—the sight of Inder being shot not once, but twice, in front of her, the chaos and despair that followed.

As Sahiba's mind delved deeper into the painful memories, she recalled the bittersweet moment when she discovered that one of the babies from her pregnancy had survived. Overwhelmed with hope and longing to share the news with Angad, she had reached out to him once more, seeking a connection in the midst of their shared loss.

However, Angad's response had been nothing short of devastating. He had coldly rejected her, blaming her for everything that had gone wrong. His harsh words pierced Sahiba's heart like shards of ice, leaving her wounded and abandoned once again.

The memory of that final phone call echoed in Sahiba's mind. She had dialed the familiar number of their home, hoping against hope for reconciliation. When Gurleen Chachi, Angad's aunt, had answered, Sahiba's heart had leapt with anticipation. Before she could share her news of the surviving baby, Gurleen Chachi's words had cut through the line like a cruel verdict.

"Ab tumhein sabne mara maan liya hai," Gurleen Chachi had declared. "Hamesha se contact na karna." ("Everyone considers you dead," Gurleen Chachi had declared. "Never contact us again.")

Sahiba had been left speechless, reeling from the rejection and the realization that her ties to the family she had once loved had been severed beyond repair. The weight of isolation settled heavily upon her, but deep within, a flicker of determination remained.

The heartbreaking moment when Sahiba sought solace at her parents' home only to be met with rejection shattered her deeply. In the absence of her father and younger sister, her mother, Santosh, delivered words that cut to the core of Sahiba's being.

"tum chalo yahan se," Santosh had said, her voice laced with bitterness. "tumhaari wajah se hamein Seerat ka murda chehra nahin dekhne ko mila. aur ab jo hua hai, kaun Keerat se shaadi karega? tumhaari wajah se uski shaadi ka din hi bigad gaya. agar tum yahin rahogi to tumhaare papaji ka dil rog aur badh jaayega. Rab ke pyaar ke liye chale jaao yahan se."

("You go away from here," Santosh had said, her voice laced with bitterness. "Because of you, we didn't get to see Seerat's dead face. And now, after everything that has happened, who will marry Keerat? Her wedding day was ruined because of you. If you stay here, your father's heart condition will worsen. For the love of God, go away from here.")

All of this had taken place six years ago, when Sahiba needed her loved ones the most, but they all left her in isolation. Her only ray of hope to keep going was the baby growing in her womb. Sahiba vividly remembered going to the gurdwara and meeting Diljeet for the first time. He was a stranger who showed genuine concern and asked her what had happened. Feeling like an outsider to her own family, Sahiba shared her painful story with this stranger.

Diljeet, along with his younger sister, empathized with Sahiba's plight and invited her to live with them at the Panesar household. Sahiba accepted their offer, driven by her determination to provide a future for the life growing inside her. While staying with them, Sahiba began creating artwork and selling it on commission. Additionally, she took up a part-time teaching job at a school.

Gradually, Sahiba transitioned into becoming a paying guest in their home. However, Biji, Diljeet's mother, held suspicions about Sahiba's backstory. She believed that Sahiba had fabricated a tale of being rejected by her lover and family after becoming pregnant before marriage, viewing her as someone taking advantage of Diljeet's kindness.

As Sahiba's income grew more stable, she decided to rent the house next door when she was five months pregnant. Throughout this challenging time, Sahiba was immensely grateful for the support and love shown by Diljeet and his family, especially towards her son, Akeer, from the moment he was born.

The love that she once had for Angad had changed into hatred, she hates herself more for loving someone like him.

Brar Mansion

Six years had passed since Angad expelled Sahiba from their home. Over time, he had become bitter, haunted by regret deep down for casting Sahiba aside when she was vulnerable. Despite this remorse, Angad outwardly displayed disdain towards Sahiba, projecting an image of hatred to everyone around him.

Now, Angad's life revolved around catering to the demands of his younger sister, Simran. His existence was consumed by fulfilling her needs and desires, overshadowed by the lingering guilt and unresolved emotions from his treatment of Sahiba.

In the shadows of his resentment and regret, Angad navigated his days, a facade of animosity masking the complex turmoil within.

Panesar

Angad received a special invitation to attend a school competition at Panesar School, the very institution where Akeer was enrolled. As the event's chief guest, Angad arrived amidst a flurry of excitement, his presence adding an air of anticipation to the proceedings.

As Angad made his way through the bustling venue, interacting with students and teachers alike, Akeer observed from a distance, his eyes bright with fascination. The young boy couldn't help but be impressed by the dignified guest in their midst, unaware of the significant connection that would soon unfold.

As the school competition progressed, Akeer's curiosity about Angad only grew stronger. Throughout the day, Akeer observed Angad with a heightened sense of interest, waiting for the opportune moment to approach him alone.

As other activities unfolded and distractions abounded, Akeer bided his time, watching for the right opportunity to engage Angad away from the crowd. The young boy's mind buzzed with questions, his heart yearning to unravel the mystery surrounding this intriguing guest who bore a striking resemblance to the drawings of his absent father.

Finally, as the event began winding down and attendees dispersed, Akeer seized his chance. With determination in his eyes and a sense of purpose in his step, Akeer approached Angad, who stood momentarily apart from the crowd.

"Excuse me," Akeer began tentatively, his voice carrying a mix of curiosity and earnestness.

"Are you my papa?" Akeer's voice rang out, filled with wonder and innocence, catching Angad off guard.

Angad's expression momentarily froze, a whirlwind of emotions churning within him. He knelt down to meet Akeer's gaze, the weight of years past settling upon his shoulders.

"What makes you think that?" Angad responded, his voice soft yet guarded, unsure of how to navigate the delicate conversation.

Akeer pointed to Angad's face, his eyes alight with revelation. "You look like me. Mama always tells me that my Papa is always busy with work, and you also seem to be busy with work too."

Just as Akeer finished speaking, the school bell rang, signaling the end of the competition. Angad's expression softened as he looked down at Akeer, struck by the innocence and longing in the young boy's eyes.

"Can you show me where your mama is?" Angad asked gently, his voice tinged with a mix of curiosity and apprehension.

Akeer nodded eagerly. "Mama works in a big school nearby. She'll come  after her meeting finishes. I can take you to our house, and we can wait for her together with Diljeet uncle."

"Who is Diljeet Uncle?" Angad inquired, his interest piqued by this new piece of information.

Akeer beamed up at Angad, eager to share. "Diljeet Uncle is our neighbor. He and Twinkle Masi often pick me up from school when Mama has meetings. We wait for Mama at their house until she finishes work."

Diljeet was waiting for Akeer outside the school gates when he noticed Akeer holding a man's hand. He was taken aback to see the striking resemblance between the man and Akeer.

"Diljeet Unlce, I think I found my Papa!" Akeer beamed with excitement, pointing at Angad.

Diljeet, astonished by this revelation, approached them cautiously. "What are you saying, Akeer?"

Akeer nodded vigorously. "Yes, he looks just like me, Diljeet Uncle! He must be my Papa."

Angad, still processing the unexpected turn of events, interjected gently, "Let's go to your house, Akeer. I would like to meet your Mama."

Together, the three of them walked towards Diljeet's house—a journey filled with anticipation. Diljeet, Akeer, and Angad embarked on this unexpected path, bound by newfound connections and the mysteries of fate, each step bringing them closer to the truths waiting to be unveiled.

As the conversation unfolded in Diljeet's home, Biji's direct question caught Angad off guard. "So, are you her lover who got her pregnant and abandoned her?"

Angad's confusion was evident, his mind reeling from the sudden mention of Sahiba. Before he could respond, Twinkle intervened, her voice tinged with anger and protectiveness.

"Biji, please don't say that about Sahiba Ji," Twinkle interjected firmly, her disapproval clear. Angad was taken aback by the mention of Sahiba's name.

"Sahiba?" Angad uttered softly, the flood of memories and emotions resurfacing.

Biji remained steadfast in her skepticism. "I never believed that girl when she said that her husband abandoned her. I'm sure she was lying."

Before Angad or anyone could respond further, Akeer's voice echoed from the doorway, breaking the tension.

"My Mama is here! I'm going home. Mr. Brar Uncle, please come quickly!" Akeer exclaimed excitedly.

The urgency in Akeer's voice snapped everyone back to the present moment. Angad, still grappling with the whirlwind of revelations, followed Akeer outside.

Angad took small steps to the house next door. With each foot steps his heartbeat got faster.

Akeer's innocent declaration echoed through the air as he proudly exclaimed, "Mama, look, I found my papa!"

Sahiba, startled and wide-eyed, turned around to see Angad standing before her—equally shocked by the unexpected encounter.

Angad's mind raced with a flurry of questions and emotions, but he sensed Sahiba's hesitation. Despite her unreadiness to confront the past, Angad knew this moment held profound significance.

Before Sahiba could utter a word, Angad turned to Akeer with unwavering certainty. "Yes, I am your Papa, Puttar," Angad said warmly, kneeling down and enveloping Akeer in a tight embrace.

Akeer's face lit up with pure joy, his heart overflowing with happiness at the newfound connection with his father. Diljeet, Biji, and Twinkle stood witness.

Sahiba stood there, her heart heavy with conflicting emotions as she processed the unexpected reunion between Angad and Akeer. She had never anticipated this moment, never wanted Angad and Akeer to meet after he had rejected them.

"Sahiba- Akeer Puttar, now that you have met your Papa, he has to go now. Say bye," Sahiba finally managed to say, her voice tinged with a mixture of apprehension and resolve.

Akeer, still wrapped in Angad's embrace, looked up with wide eyes filled with innocence and longing. "No bye, Mama. Why does Papa have to go?"

Angad, sensing Sahiba's unease and Akeer's desire to continue their time together, intervened gently. "No, Papa will stay here with you, okay? Plus, I need to talk to your Mama," he suggested, his voice warm and determined.

Sahiba hesitated, clearly conflicted by Angad's presence and the resurfacing of past emotions. "Akeer Puttar, why don't you go with Twinkle Masi to the terrace? It's nearly sunset," she suggested, trying to redirect Akeer's attention.

Reluctantly, Akeer nodded and went off with Twinkle, leaving Sahiba and Angad with Biji and Diljeet.

Angad took a step towards Sahiba, his intent clear, but she raised her hands to stop him in his tracks.

"Sahiba," Angad began, his voice soft with understanding.

Sahiba cut him off, her tone firm and resolute. "There's no need to stay here and talk to me. Just go away and stay away from my son and me," she declared, her words laced with pain and finality.

With that, Sahiba turned and walked away, leaving Angad standing there, his heart heavy with unresolved emotions.

Diljeet and Biji, sensing the delicate nature of the situation, stepped in, offering support and guidance to Angad.

"Angad Ji, come with us," Diljeet said gently, guiding Angad away from the tense encounter and towards a path of understanding and acceptance.

Angad followed quietly, his mind swirling with unanswered questions and the ache of a connection left unhealed.

Diljeet House

As Angad sat in Diljeet's house, the weight of past decisions and unspoken regrets weighed heavily on his mind. Memories of Sahiba's calls flooded back—the moments when he had turned her away without fully listening, the pain in her voice haunting him now.

Biji entered the room and took a seat beside Angad, her expression filled with concern and resolve.

"I'm not sure what your past with Sahiba holds, but please take her away from here," Biji implored, her voice tinged with worry. "I fear that my son is falling in love with her, and I don't want him to be with a woman who has a child and has been raising him alone."

Angad understood the gravity of Biji's words. He nodded solemnly, silently acknowledging her concerns.

Moments later, Angad made a decisive phone call, ensuring that a family meeting was scheduled for the following day at 10 a.m. All family members, including the Monga family, were to be present.. 

Next Morning

The next day after dropping Akeer to school Sahiba was going towards her work. She felt that somebody was following her but she suddenly felt someone cover her face which led to her to be unconscious. Angad with the help of Biji had made Sahiba unconscious. He had placed her in his car and began to drive to Ludhiana. Akeer had after school club today which meant he would finish school later.

The drive to Ludhiana took two hours. As Sahiba regained consciousness, she found herself outside Brar Mansion, a flood of past memories rushing through her mind. Shocked and disoriented, she stepped out of the car, intent on leaving the premises.

However, Angad reached out and grabbed onto her tightly and walked towards the house from which he had once cast her out. Despite Sahiba's initial resistance, Angad's presence evoked a complex mix of emotions within her, stirring memories of their shared history and unresolved conflicts.

Inside the Mansion:

Manveer: "Kya ho sakta hai jo Angad ne itni emergency meeting bulayi hai?" (What could have happened that Angad has called for an emergency meeting?)

Bebe (in Punjabi): "Mera dil bohot bhari mehsoos ho raha hai…"( My heart is feeling heavy)

Santosh: "Mujhe samajh nahi aa raha Angad itne saalon baad humein yahan bulaya hai." (I don’t understand why Angad has called us here after so many years)

The family members gathered, their concern palpable as they awaited Angad's arrival. The sudden call for an emergency meeting after years of silence left them puzzled and apprehensive about what news or developments awaited them.

As they all sat down they suddenly heard a voice they had not heard in 6 years Sahiba’s

Sahiba- “"Maine kaha chhod do mujhe, Mr. Angad Singh Brar” (I said let go of me Mr Angad Singh Brar)

Everyone was shocked to see that Angad had brought Sahiba after so many years.

Sahiba had finally managed to release herself from Angad

Sahiba- "Chhod do mujhe jaise tumne 6 saal pehle kiya tha," Sahiba said, translating to "Leave me like you did 6 years ago."

Angad stopped and turned Sahiba to face him. Everyone was stunned and confused by the unfolding situation. Angad raised his hand, signaling for silence.

Angad: "Tumne mere bete ko 6 saal tak mujhse door rakha! Tumhari himmat kaise hui?" ("How dare you keep my son away from me for 6 years!")

The family looked on in shock, uncertain of how to react to the sudden confrontation between the estranged couple and the revelation.

Sahiba: "Tum apne aap ko uska baap mat kaho. Wo sirf mera puttar hai. Shayad tum bhool gaye ho, lekin maine tumhe tab phone kiya tha jab tumne mujhe apne iss mahal se nikaal diya tha, taaki main tumhe bata sakun ki pregnancy bach gayi thi. Lekin tumne mujhe kaha tha ki mujhse kabhi sampark mat karna aur mujhe apna chehra mat dikhana." (Don’t you dare call him your son, he is only my son. You might have forgotten but I did call you when you had thrown me out of this palace of yours to inform you that luckily the pregnancy managed to survive but you told me never to contact you again or show you my face.)

The revelation that Sahiba had given birth to the heir of the family and had informed Angad about the pregnancy left everyone in shock. The room fell silent as Sahiba's words hung in the air, highlighting the gravity of the situation.

The atmosphere was tense, with emotions running high as Angad's actions and Sahiba's experiences came into stark contrast. The weight of unspoken truths and unresolved conflicts filled the room, leaving everyone grappling with the implications of Sahiba's revelation.

Angad: "Okay, shayad main uss waqt gusse mein tha par tum kisi aur ko bhi bata sakti thi, main to tumhari baat bhi sun nahi raha tha." (Okay maybe I was angry at that time but you could have still informed anyone else, I was not even listening to you)

Sahiba (sniggered): "Kyunki tum gusse mein the, har cheez hamesha tumhare baare mein hi thi! Lekin tumhe yaad dilane ke liye, maine landline par phone kiya tha aur Gurleen Chachi ne uthaya tha. Unhone mujhe bataya ki sab mujhe mar chuke samajh rahe the, ye mujhe bahut hurt kiya par utna nahi jitna meri khud ki maa ne mujhe nikaal diya aur mujhe kaha ki chali jao. (Cause you were angry, everything was always just about you! But for your kind information I did call the landline and Gurleen Chachi had answered and she told me that everyone considered me dead, that hurt me but it didn’t hurt me as much as when my own mother dismissed me and told me go away.)

Everyone turned their gaze towards Gurleen and Santosh, whose lowered eyes betrayed their guilty acknowledgment of Sahiba's truth. The room fell silent, the weight of unspoken acknowledgement hanging heavily in the air.

Sahiba's words had struck a chord, exposing the painful realities of her past mistreatment and abandonment by those closest to her. The family members grappled with the implications of their silence and complicity, realizing the depth of Sahiba's suffering and the impact of their actions on her life. 

Everyone was shocked to hear the truth, and while they were processing it, Sahiba took the opportunity to leave, only to be stopped by Angad once again. Angad reached out and grabbed Sahiba's arm as she tried to leave, his grip firm and determined.

Angad:  "Ruko, Sahiba. Humein is baare mein baat karni chahiye." ("Wait, Sahiba. We need to talk about this”)

Sahiba: "Angad Singh Brar, ab kuch baat karne layak nahi bacha. Kuch bhi nahi. Jab main tumse baat karna chahti thi aur tumhe sambhalna chahti thi jab Papa ka inteqal hua, tab tumne mujhe door kiya. Tumne mujhe Papa ka qatil thahraya. Qatil! Main samajhti hoon ki tum dukhi the, lekin kya tumhe kabhi yeh socha hai ki Papa ko mere ankho ke samne do dafa goli laga tha? Main maanti hoon ki maine hi Papa ko yeh kaha tha ki woh yateemkhana jaaye, lekin kya tumhe yaad hai Papa ne kaha tha ki woh apni poori zindagi yateem bachon ki madad karna chahte hain kyunki Simran bhi kuch saalon tak yateemkhane mein rehti thi? Ek baar bhi mujhe nahi laga ki yateemkhane jaana Papa ki jaan ka sawaal banega. Tumne ek baar bhi nahi socha ki tumhari biwi abhi abhi miscarriage se guzri hai aur usko mera sahara aur samarthan chahiye. Nahi, tumne bas mujhe kaha ki chali jao aur kabhi laut kar mat aana, aur main hamesha ki tarah tumhari baat maan gayi. Agar main chahti mainsab kuch keh sakti hoon jo tumne mujhe shaadi ke pal se guzarne diya hai, lekin phir tum apne aankhon se aankh milane se nahi rok sakte." (There is nothing left to talk about Angad Singh Brar, nothing, even I wanted to talk to you and console you when papa passed away buy you shoved me away, you blamed me for killing papa. Killing !I understand that you were grieving but did it not even occur to you once that Papa was shot infront of me twice. I admit that I was the one who had insist Papa to go to the orphanage but don’t you remember Papa saying that he wants to help orphans for the rest of his life cause Simran lived in an orphanage for a couple of years. Not once did I think that going to the orphanage would cost Papa’s life. You didn’t even think once that my wife has just suffered from a miscarriage she will need my emotionl support no, you just told me to go and never come back and like always I obeyed you. If I want I can go on about everything you put me through since the moment we got married but then you won’t be able to meet your own eyes in the mirror.)

Everyone was just listening to Sahiba and they all knew that she was saying the truth. 

"Sab mujhe akela chhod gaye, par Rab ne mujhe insaaf diya meri pregnancy ko bachakar aur ek bacche ki khushi di."( When everyone abandoned me, God gave me justice by protecting my pregnancy and blessing me with a baby.")

Saying this Sahiba left Brar Mansion leaving everyone shocked.

There will be 3 parts to this story!

Let me know what you think, hope you enjoyed!

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Vaidehi49 thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Simiyy

Sahiba lives alone with Akeer in Panesar.

Diljeet and his family are their neighbours. 

Sahiba Home

As Sahiba tucked Akeer into bed, the soft glow of the nightlight cast a warm and gentle light across the room. Akeer, with his eyes filled with curiosity, looked up at Sahiba.

"Mama, can you tell me about Papa again?" Akeer asked in his soft voice.

Sahiba paused, her expression thoughtful. "You know, puttar, sometimes people are very busy with their work, including Papa. He's working hard, just like many others."

Akeer's brow furrowed slightly. "But why haven't I met Papa yet? Will I ever get to see him?"

Sahiba's heart sank momentarily, knowing the complexity of the situation. "Mera Puttar, Akeer, there are some things that Mama will explain to you when you're a bit older. "

Akeer nodded slowly, his young mind trying to make sense of it all. "Okay, Mama. Can you tell me a story about a brave knight instead?"

Sahiba smiled, grateful for Akeer's innocence. "Of course, my dear. Once upon a time, in a kingdom far away, there lived a brave knight named Sir Akeer..."

As Sahiba began to narrate the tale of the courageous knight and his adventures, Akeer's imagination soared. Sahiba's soothing voice and the enchanting story carried Akeer into the realm of dreams, where knights, dragons, and distant fathers blended into the fabric of his bedtime fantasies.

As Sahiba sat in the quiet of the night after putting Akeer to sleep, her mind drifted back to a painful chapter of her life. The memories flooded her thoughts like a relentless tide.

She recalled the heartbreaking moment when Angad, her husband, had cast her out of their home after she suffered a miscarriage. The loss of their unborn child had been a devastating blow, but what hurt even more was Angad's cruel blame. He had accused her of being responsible for his father's death as well, compounding her anguish.

Inder, her beloved father-in-law, had held a special place in her heart. His tragic death, occurring right before her eyes, had shattered her world. The memories of that fateful day were vivid—the sight of Inder being shot not once, but twice, in front of her, the chaos and despair that followed.

As Sahiba's mind delved deeper into the painful memories, she recalled the bittersweet moment when she discovered that one of the babies from her pregnancy had survived. Overwhelmed with hope and longing to share the news with Angad, she had reached out to him once more, seeking a connection in the midst of their shared loss.

However, Angad's response had been nothing short of devastating. He had coldly rejected her, blaming her for everything that had gone wrong. His harsh words pierced Sahiba's heart like shards of ice, leaving her wounded and abandoned once again.

The memory of that final phone call echoed in Sahiba's mind. She had dialed the familiar number of their home, hoping against hope for reconciliation. When Gurleen Chachi, Angad's aunt, had answered, Sahiba's heart had leapt with anticipation. Before she could share her news of the surviving baby, Gurleen Chachi's words had cut through the line like a cruel verdict.

"Ab tumhein sabne mara maan liya hai," Gurleen Chachi had declared. "Hamesha se contact na karna." ("Everyone considers you dead," Gurleen Chachi had declared. "Never contact us again.")

Sahiba had been left speechless, reeling from the rejection and the realization that her ties to the family she had once loved had been severed beyond repair. The weight of isolation settled heavily upon her, but deep within, a flicker of determination remained.

The heartbreaking moment when Sahiba sought solace at her parents' home only to be met with rejection shattered her deeply. In the absence of her father and younger sister, her mother, Santosh, delivered words that cut to the core of Sahiba's being.

"tum chalo yahan se," Santosh had said, her voice laced with bitterness. "tumhaari wajah se hamein Seerat ka murda chehra nahin dekhne ko mila. aur ab jo hua hai, kaun Keerat se shaadi karega? tumhaari wajah se uski shaadi ka din hi bigad gaya. agar tum yahin rahogi to tumhaare papaji ka dil rog aur badh jaayega. Rab ke pyaar ke liye chale jaao yahan se."

("You go away from here," Santosh had said, her voice laced with bitterness. "Because of you, we didn't get to see Seerat's dead face. And now, after everything that has happened, who will marry Keerat? Her wedding day was ruined because of you. If you stay here, your father's heart condition will worsen. For the love of God, go away from here.")

All of this had taken place six years ago, when Sahiba needed her loved ones the most, but they all left her in isolation. Her only ray of hope to keep going was the baby growing in her womb. Sahiba vividly remembered going to the gurdwara and meeting Diljeet for the first time. He was a stranger who showed genuine concern and asked her what had happened. Feeling like an outsider to her own family, Sahiba shared her painful story with this stranger.

Diljeet, along with his younger sister, empathized with Sahiba's plight and invited her to live with them at the Panesar household. Sahiba accepted their offer, driven by her determination to provide a future for the life growing inside her. While staying with them, Sahiba began creating artwork and selling it on commission. Additionally, she took up a part-time teaching job at a school.

Gradually, Sahiba transitioned into becoming a paying guest in their home. However, Biji, Diljeet's mother, held suspicions about Sahiba's backstory. She believed that Sahiba had fabricated a tale of being rejected by her lover and family after becoming pregnant before marriage, viewing her as someone taking advantage of Diljeet's kindness.

As Sahiba's income grew more stable, she decided to rent the house next door when she was five months pregnant. Throughout this challenging time, Sahiba was immensely grateful for the support and love shown by Diljeet and his family, especially towards her son, Akeer, from the moment he was born.

The love that she once had for Angad had changed into hatred, she hates herself more for loving someone like him.

Brar Mansion

Six years had passed since Angad expelled Sahiba from their home. Over time, he had become bitter, haunted by regret deep down for casting Sahiba aside when she was vulnerable. Despite this remorse, Angad outwardly displayed disdain towards Sahiba, projecting an image of hatred to everyone around him.

Now, Angad's life revolved around catering to the demands of his younger sister, Simran. His existence was consumed by fulfilling her needs and desires, overshadowed by the lingering guilt and unresolved emotions from his treatment of Sahiba.

In the shadows of his resentment and regret, Angad navigated his days, a facade of animosity masking the complex turmoil within.

Panesar

Angad received a special invitation to attend a school competition at Panesar School, the very institution where Akeer was enrolled. As the event's chief guest, Angad arrived amidst a flurry of excitement, his presence adding an air of anticipation to the proceedings.

As Angad made his way through the bustling venue, interacting with students and teachers alike, Akeer observed from a distance, his eyes bright with fascination. The young boy couldn't help but be impressed by the dignified guest in their midst, unaware of the significant connection that would soon unfold.

As the school competition progressed, Akeer's curiosity about Angad only grew stronger. Throughout the day, Akeer observed Angad with a heightened sense of interest, waiting for the opportune moment to approach him alone.

As other activities unfolded and distractions abounded, Akeer bided his time, watching for the right opportunity to engage Angad away from the crowd. The young boy's mind buzzed with questions, his heart yearning to unravel the mystery surrounding this intriguing guest who bore a striking resemblance to the drawings of his absent father.

Finally, as the event began winding down and attendees dispersed, Akeer seized his chance. With determination in his eyes and a sense of purpose in his step, Akeer approached Angad, who stood momentarily apart from the crowd.

"Excuse me," Akeer began tentatively, his voice carrying a mix of curiosity and earnestness.

"Are you my papa?" Akeer's voice rang out, filled with wonder and innocence, catching Angad off guard.

Angad's expression momentarily froze, a whirlwind of emotions churning within him. He knelt down to meet Akeer's gaze, the weight of years past settling upon his shoulders.

"What makes you think that?" Angad responded, his voice soft yet guarded, unsure of how to navigate the delicate conversation.

Akeer pointed to Angad's face, his eyes alight with revelation. "You look like me. Mama always tells me that my Papa is always busy with work, and you also seem to be busy with work too."

Just as Akeer finished speaking, the school bell rang, signaling the end of the competition. Angad's expression softened as he looked down at Akeer, struck by the innocence and longing in the young boy's eyes.

"Can you show me where your mama is?" Angad asked gently, his voice tinged with a mix of curiosity and apprehension.

Akeer nodded eagerly. "Mama works in a big school nearby. She'll come  after her meeting finishes. I can take you to our house, and we can wait for her together with Diljeet uncle."

"Who is Diljeet Uncle?" Angad inquired, his interest piqued by this new piece of information.

Akeer beamed up at Angad, eager to share. "Diljeet Uncle is our neighbor. He and Twinkle Masi often pick me up from school when Mama has meetings. We wait for Mama at their house until she finishes work."

Diljeet was waiting for Akeer outside the school gates when he noticed Akeer holding a man's hand. He was taken aback to see the striking resemblance between the man and Akeer.

"Diljeet Unlce, I think I found my Papa!" Akeer beamed with excitement, pointing at Angad.

Diljeet, astonished by this revelation, approached them cautiously. "What are you saying, Akeer?"

Akeer nodded vigorously. "Yes, he looks just like me, Diljeet Uncle! He must be my Papa."

Angad, still processing the unexpected turn of events, interjected gently, "Let's go to your house, Akeer. I would like to meet your Mama."

Together, the three of them walked towards Diljeet's house—a journey filled with anticipation. Diljeet, Akeer, and Angad embarked on this unexpected path, bound by newfound connections and the mysteries of fate, each step bringing them closer to the truths waiting to be unveiled.

As the conversation unfolded in Diljeet's home, Biji's direct question caught Angad off guard. "So, are you her lover who got her pregnant and abandoned her?"

Angad's confusion was evident, his mind reeling from the sudden mention of Sahiba. Before he could respond, Twinkle intervened, her voice tinged with anger and protectiveness.

"Biji, please don't say that about Sahiba Ji," Twinkle interjected firmly, her disapproval clear. Angad was taken aback by the mention of Sahiba's name.

"Sahiba?" Angad uttered softly, the flood of memories and emotions resurfacing.

Biji remained steadfast in her skepticism. "I never believed that girl when she said that her husband abandoned her. I'm sure she was lying."

Before Angad or anyone could respond further, Akeer's voice echoed from the doorway, breaking the tension.

"My Mama is here! I'm going home. Mr. Brar Uncle, please come quickly!" Akeer exclaimed excitedly.

The urgency in Akeer's voice snapped everyone back to the present moment. Angad, still grappling with the whirlwind of revelations, followed Akeer outside.

Angad took small steps to the house next door. With each foot steps his heartbeat got faster.

Akeer's innocent declaration echoed through the air as he proudly exclaimed, "Mama, look, I found my papa!"

Sahiba, startled and wide-eyed, turned around to see Angad standing before her—equally shocked by the unexpected encounter.

Angad's mind raced with a flurry of questions and emotions, but he sensed Sahiba's hesitation. Despite her unreadiness to confront the past, Angad knew this moment held profound significance.

Before Sahiba could utter a word, Angad turned to Akeer with unwavering certainty. "Yes, I am your Papa, Puttar," Angad said warmly, kneeling down and enveloping Akeer in a tight embrace.

Akeer's face lit up with pure joy, his heart overflowing with happiness at the newfound connection with his father. Diljeet, Biji, and Twinkle stood witness.

Sahiba stood there, her heart heavy with conflicting emotions as she processed the unexpected reunion between Angad and Akeer. She had never anticipated this moment, never wanted Angad and Akeer to meet after he had rejected them.

"Sahiba- Akeer Puttar, now that you have met your Papa, he has to go now. Say bye," Sahiba finally managed to say, her voice tinged with a mixture of apprehension and resolve.

Akeer, still wrapped in Angad's embrace, looked up with wide eyes filled with innocence and longing. "No bye, Mama. Why does Papa have to go?"

Angad, sensing Sahiba's unease and Akeer's desire to continue their time together, intervened gently. "No, Papa will stay here with you, okay? Plus, I need to talk to your Mama," he suggested, his voice warm and determined.

Sahiba hesitated, clearly conflicted by Angad's presence and the resurfacing of past emotions. "Akeer Puttar, why don't you go with Twinkle Masi to the terrace? It's nearly sunset," she suggested, trying to redirect Akeer's attention.

Reluctantly, Akeer nodded and went off with Twinkle, leaving Sahiba and Angad with Biji and Diljeet.

Angad took a step towards Sahiba, his intent clear, but she raised her hands to stop him in his tracks.

"Sahiba," Angad began, his voice soft with understanding.

Sahiba cut him off, her tone firm and resolute. "There's no need to stay here and talk to me. Just go away and stay away from my son and me," she declared, her words laced with pain and finality.

With that, Sahiba turned and walked away, leaving Angad standing there, his heart heavy with unresolved emotions.

Diljeet and Biji, sensing the delicate nature of the situation, stepped in, offering support and guidance to Angad.

"Angad Ji, come with us," Diljeet said gently, guiding Angad away from the tense encounter and towards a path of understanding and acceptance.

Angad followed quietly, his mind swirling with unanswered questions and the ache of a connection left unhealed.

Diljeet House

As Angad sat in Diljeet's house, the weight of past decisions and unspoken regrets weighed heavily on his mind. Memories of Sahiba's calls flooded back—the moments when he had turned her away without fully listening, the pain in her voice haunting him now.

Biji entered the room and took a seat beside Angad, her expression filled with concern and resolve.

"I'm not sure what your past with Sahiba holds, but please take her away from here," Biji implored, her voice tinged with worry. "I fear that my son is falling in love with her, and I don't want him to be with a woman who has a child and has been raising him alone."

Angad understood the gravity of Biji's words. He nodded solemnly, silently acknowledging her concerns.

Moments later, Angad made a decisive phone call, ensuring that a family meeting was scheduled for the following day at 10 a.m. All family members, including the Monga family, were to be present.. 

Next Morning

The next day after dropping Akeer to school Sahiba was going towards her work. She felt that somebody was following her but she suddenly felt someone cover her face which led to her to be unconscious. Angad with the help of Biji had made Sahiba unconscious. He had placed her in his car and began to drive to Ludhiana. Akeer had after school club today which meant he would finish school later.

The drive to Ludhiana took two hours. As Sahiba regained consciousness, she found herself outside Brar Mansion, a flood of past memories rushing through her mind. Shocked and disoriented, she stepped out of the car, intent on leaving the premises.

However, Angad reached out and grabbed onto her tightly and walked towards the house from which he had once cast her out. Despite Sahiba's initial resistance, Angad's presence evoked a complex mix of emotions within her, stirring memories of their shared history and unresolved conflicts.

Inside the Mansion:

Manveer: "Kya ho sakta hai jo Angad ne itni emergency meeting bulayi hai?" (What could have happened that Angad has called for an emergency meeting?)

Bebe (in Punjabi): "Mera dil bohot bhari mehsoos ho raha hai…"( My heart is feeling heavy)

Santosh: "Mujhe samajh nahi aa raha Angad itne saalon baad humein yahan bulaya hai." (I don’t understand why Angad has called us here after so many years)

The family members gathered, their concern palpable as they awaited Angad's arrival. The sudden call for an emergency meeting after years of silence left them puzzled and apprehensive about what news or developments awaited them.

As they all sat down they suddenly heard a voice they had not heard in 6 years Sahiba’s

Sahiba- “"Maine kaha chhod do mujhe, Mr. Angad Singh Brar” (I said let go of me Mr Angad Singh Brar)

Everyone was shocked to see that Angad had brought Sahiba after so many years.

Sahiba had finally managed to release herself from Angad

Sahiba- "Chhod do mujhe jaise tumne 6 saal pehle kiya tha," Sahiba said, translating to "Leave me like you did 6 years ago."

Angad stopped and turned Sahiba to face him. Everyone was stunned and confused by the unfolding situation. Angad raised his hand, signaling for silence.

Angad: "Tumne mere bete ko 6 saal tak mujhse door rakha! Tumhari himmat kaise hui?" ("How dare you keep my son away from me for 6 years!")

The family looked on in shock, uncertain of how to react to the sudden confrontation between the estranged couple and the revelation.

Sahiba: "Tum apne aap ko uska baap mat kaho. Wo sirf mera puttar hai. Shayad tum bhool gaye ho, lekin maine tumhe tab phone kiya tha jab tumne mujhe apne iss mahal se nikaal diya tha, taaki main tumhe bata sakun ki pregnancy bach gayi thi. Lekin tumne mujhe kaha tha ki mujhse kabhi sampark mat karna aur mujhe apna chehra mat dikhana." (Don’t you dare call him your son, he is only my son. You might have forgotten but I did call you when you had thrown me out of this palace of yours to inform you that luckily the pregnancy managed to survive but you told me never to contact you again or show you my face.)

The revelation that Sahiba had given birth to the heir of the family and had informed Angad about the pregnancy left everyone in shock. The room fell silent as Sahiba's words hung in the air, highlighting the gravity of the situation.

The atmosphere was tense, with emotions running high as Angad's actions and Sahiba's experiences came into stark contrast. The weight of unspoken truths and unresolved conflicts filled the room, leaving everyone grappling with the implications of Sahiba's revelation.

Angad: "Okay, shayad main uss waqt gusse mein tha par tum kisi aur ko bhi bata sakti thi, main to tumhari baat bhi sun nahi raha tha." (Okay maybe I was angry at that time but you could have still informed anyone else, I was not even listening to you)

Sahiba (sniggered): "Kyunki tum gusse mein the, har cheez hamesha tumhare baare mein hi thi! Lekin tumhe yaad dilane ke liye, maine landline par phone kiya tha aur Gurleen Chachi ne uthaya tha. Unhone mujhe bataya ki sab mujhe mar chuke samajh rahe the, ye mujhe bahut hurt kiya par utna nahi jitna meri khud ki maa ne mujhe nikaal diya aur mujhe kaha ki chali jao. (Cause you were angry, everything was always just about you! But for your kind information I did call the landline and Gurleen Chachi had answered and she told me that everyone considered me dead, that hurt me but it didn’t hurt me as much as when my own mother dismissed me and told me go away.)

Everyone turned their gaze towards Gurleen and Santosh, whose lowered eyes betrayed their guilty acknowledgment of Sahiba's truth. The room fell silent, the weight of unspoken acknowledgement hanging heavily in the air.

Sahiba's words had struck a chord, exposing the painful realities of her past mistreatment and abandonment by those closest to her. The family members grappled with the implications of their silence and complicity, realizing the depth of Sahiba's suffering and the impact of their actions on her life. 

Everyone was shocked to hear the truth, and while they were processing it, Sahiba took the opportunity to leave, only to be stopped by Angad once again. Angad reached out and grabbed Sahiba's arm as she tried to leave, his grip firm and determined.

Angad:  "Ruko, Sahiba. Humein is baare mein baat karni chahiye." ("Wait, Sahiba. We need to talk about this”)

Sahiba: "Angad Singh Brar, ab kuch baat karne layak nahi bacha. Kuch bhi nahi. Jab main tumse baat karna chahti thi aur tumhe sambhalna chahti thi jab Papa ka inteqal hua, tab tumne mujhe door kiya. Tumne mujhe Papa ka qatil thahraya. Qatil! Main samajhti hoon ki tum dukhi the, lekin kya tumhe kabhi yeh socha hai ki Papa ko mere ankho ke samne do dafa goli laga tha? Main maanti hoon ki maine hi Papa ko yeh kaha tha ki woh yateemkhana jaaye, lekin kya tumhe yaad hai Papa ne kaha tha ki woh apni poori zindagi yateem bachon ki madad karna chahte hain kyunki Simran bhi kuch saalon tak yateemkhane mein rehti thi? Ek baar bhi mujhe nahi laga ki yateemkhane jaana Papa ki jaan ka sawaal banega. Tumne ek baar bhi nahi socha ki tumhari biwi abhi abhi miscarriage se guzri hai aur usko mera sahara aur samarthan chahiye. Nahi, tumne bas mujhe kaha ki chali jao aur kabhi laut kar mat aana, aur main hamesha ki tarah tumhari baat maan gayi. Agar main chahti mainsab kuch keh sakti hoon jo tumne mujhe shaadi ke pal se guzarne diya hai, lekin phir tum apne aankhon se aankh milane se nahi rok sakte." (There is nothing left to talk about Angad Singh Brar, nothing, even I wanted to talk to you and console you when papa passed away buy you shoved me away, you blamed me for killing papa. Killing !I understand that you were grieving but did it not even occur to you once that Papa was shot infront of me twice. I admit that I was the one who had insist Papa to go to the orphanage but don’t you remember Papa saying that he wants to help orphans for the rest of his life cause Simran lived in an orphanage for a couple of years. Not once did I think that going to the orphanage would cost Papa’s life. You didn’t even think once that my wife has just suffered from a miscarriage she will need my emotionl support no, you just told me to go and never come back and like always I obeyed you. If I want I can go on about everything you put me through since the moment we got married but then you won’t be able to meet your own eyes in the mirror.)

Everyone was just listening to Sahiba and they all knew that she was saying the truth. 

"Sab mujhe akela chhod gaye, par Rab ne mujhe insaaf diya meri pregnancy ko bachakar aur ek bacche ki khushi di."( When everyone abandoned me, God gave me justice by protecting my pregnancy and blessing me with a baby.")

Saying this Sahiba left Brar Mansion leaving everyone shocked.

There will be 3 parts to this story!

Let me know what you think, hope you enjoyed!

Keep writing.

fanfictions are Are the only saving grace 

❤️🥹❤️🥹

Krish58 thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 9 Thumbnail + 3

A fresh perspective !!!Beautifully written ..I would love to read it.Please continue itsmiley32

Krish58 thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 9 Thumbnail + 3

I hope you like it 

Edited by Krish58 - a day ago
sahra1977 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

Wonderful story do continue soon 

2005Priya thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
Posted: 26 days ago

Not able to see it

Simiyy thumbnail

Are you unable to see the chapter?

Amanita09 thumbnail

Thank you!! This is how the show should have been

2005Priya thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

No

Aleyamma47 thumbnail
Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Anniversary 4 Thumbnail
Posted: 24 days ago

What a beautiful piece of work.smiley42 This shows how much the original PH of TMD lags behind with it's creativity. 

Wonderful way of rewriting Sahan's separation and reunion story.

P.S. I'm taking a break from IF for few months so I may not be able to regulary comment on this story.