Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

yellomellow thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 6 months ago

Gen 1 lasted eight years, but HK said in interviews she regretted staying as long as she did, which means she renewed her contract multiple times. Gen 2 lasted five years because the leads renewed their contracts. 

Gen 3 ended because HC didn't renew his contract lol. Good track will only work if the actors and actresses want to stay lol.

Good luck to the Gen 4 cast though. From the interviews I saw they were excited and hopeful. I hope this works out for them.

Originally posted by: Indira1211

yeah gen 2 had almost 5 years and gen 1 had 8 years ..only gen 3 was a let down. So if they write a good story ..gen 4 can get a few years.’.more than gen 3 😂

janecastle thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5

Team Sharmas

I don’t think harshad didn’t renew his contract ..but rather he wasn’t given an offer to renew his contract as gen 4 was starting and there was no role for him there. In the interviews I saw he said he was very sad to end his role as abhimanyu..he didn’t look like he wanted to leave yrkkh. In fact he looked like he wanted to stay longer.. pranali,as well  was sad.  Gen 3 lost trp viewership so they decided to bring in gen 4 ..‘I don’t think it had anything  to, do with harshad not renewing a contract. If the makers wanted to continue gen 3 and harshad wanted  to leave they could have easily replaced him..this happens on tv shows all the time ..And trp viewers watch the show for the story..not for harshad..so whether he’s there or not is irrelevant.

If Harshad had no interest to renew his contract, they would never have ended Abhinav's character. Instead, they would have killed off Abhimanyu and easily continued with gen 3. They were forced to take leap because of poor trp, not because of HC's contract. 

yellomellow thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

That SBS reporter already leaked Akshara's pregnancy track months before it happened, which she got a lot of backlash for. She said it would depend on HC renewing his contract in October. If he renewed it wouldn't happen if he didn't it would happen because DKP needs the next female lead. Then October came and it happened. SBS also revealed he didn't renew despite RS efforts to make him stay.

@bold Who wouldn't be sad over the work you did for two years and all the fake promises the makers gave? His interviews in March he said the character he (and the viewers) signed up for are done and dusted. There was no point in reacting to something you don't have control over. That's something someone who is waiting to leave would say. Also, in his last interviews he stated he didn't do long-running shows or cameo roles lol.

The only person who was sad and wanted to stay longer was JS. He gave several interviews saying so. He said he couldn't sleep at night and wanted to get a tattoo as well.

TRP dropped because there was no story and off-screen drama took over the show. Makers were straddling two ships until the end. The Gen 4 female lead is named Abhira. I mean honestly you can't make this up lol.

I agree TRP viewers watch for the story. However, you can't claim the show ended because of him then say the show isn't about him. Pick one lol.

I'm not replying to anything else. To each their own.

I don’t think harshad didn’t renew his contract ..but rather he wasn’t given an offer to renew his contract as gen 4 was starting and there was no role for him there. In the interviews I saw he said he was very sad to end his role as abhimanyu..he didn’t look like he wanted to leave yrkkh. In fact he looked like he wanted to stay longer.. pranali,as well  was sad.  Gen 3 lost trp viewership so they decided to bring in gen 4 ..‘I don’t think it had anything  to, do with harshad not renewing a contract. If the makers wanted to continue gen 3 and harshad wanted  to leave they could have easily replaced him..this happens on tv shows all the time ..And trp viewers watch the show for the story..not for harshad..so whether he’s there or not is irrelevant.

Winnertakesital thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

It's not about renewal or extension at all.

I have a different theory here.

Harshad protected himself from financial loss in case DKP chucks him out on account of low trp. There is a minimum guarantee clause for BB contestants, HC incorporated the same in his contract.

Any established actor should know how ITV works. DKP management has a reputation of replacing actors.

This particular show has seen the highest attrition or replacements. Actors disappear in thin air. For ex Ali Hassan, his character AG ws replaced by Surekha chachi. 

As reported by media 3rd generation had to copy Icche Nodee. Star Plus asked Rajan Shahi to remake a extremely toxic regional drama. Totally impossible for legacy thriving on family bonding etc.

Harshad has seen abrupt closures therefore a min guarantee clause or compensation clause provided indemnity.

In the begining, 3rd generation surpassed expectations but without a strong foundation no one can really survive.

Producer turned character arcs upside down, introduced leaps, deaths etc. By the end of the first year mentally psyched everyone. In Dec a parallel story was created which lasted for 8 months.

In the 9th month when trps went for a toss as usual PH decided to go generation leap. Everything turned black and white.

Apart from what I mentioned, in all possibilities Rajan Shahi would have narrated cross couple track after custody battle to hc, however the erosion of trps changed legacy itself.

Let's assume Harshad wanted to go in Oct and he submitted his resignation in June - July, why no attempt was made to select another popular face for a short period ? simple facts after achieving 2.6 trps started to dip. 

Ultimately decisions were made in June itself to bring in 4th generation. 

Edited by Winnertakesital - 6 months ago
Shubh23 thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

They will definitely both have a court case fighting against each other because both of them have been shown as lawyers for a reason.

[Post Removed]

[Post Removed]

Shinning_AD thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: mrsdev

since everyone is making theories w/ no proof here is mine.

rs wanted to do the cross ships in march & hc said no. he stopped attending events & distanced himself. dkp gave him 2 min scenes b/c he didnt want to romance his saali. the cross ships failed then rs tried to convince him to stay longer to establish the new gen. he said no again so akshara got pregnant by the dead cameo 4 mnts later to continue the show.

he didnt renew so they didnt have any time to write a good story or better hire actors. most the cast never acted before according to themsmiley36

dkp team was throwing indirects but rs who is known for his pettiness kept chanting hc's name. something happened & he is scared he will talk smiley36

I actually liked the cross ship initially  smiley20 But I thought they were just playing with us as endgame has to be Abhira

There is no issue with AbhiRa but they were barely together and always had separation smiley44 What I don’t get is if they were killing Abhinav - they could just show AbhiRa story! What was the issue? 

why kill both the males 🤷‍♀️ (Atleast keep one) if he didn’t have intentions to continue the contract 

NoraSM thumbnail

In which interview, did Harshad say that he was "very sad" to leave YRKKH? As far as I remember all he said was that fans aren't able to decide whether they are happy or sad and same goes for him. He has put 2 years of his life for Abhimanyu, he has won all major awards for it, how can one not be a little sad that this part of his life is coming to an end?

I know it is important for some to feel that Harshad wasn't needed but the fact is that they couldn't have a single episode of Gen 3 without Harshad.

It was Harshad's decision to quit, Abhinav's character ending or staying doesn't change his decision 

DT edited: no source for the information

Edited by DreamOfEndless - 6 months ago
DreamOfEndless thumbnail

DT Note:

Discussion on previous lead’s contract amounts to deviation from topic. Also, not related to current generation on air.

Topic closed.

Regards,

YRKKH Development Team

Edited by DreamOfEndless - 6 months ago