Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

asmaanixx thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 4 years ago

Originally posted by: inlieu

it's partly because she assumes that her relationship with HS does not need any more work or hoops to be jumped through but it's not true. It's still not where it could / should be. Then again, it is not compulsory that she wholly accepts him as her father as opposed to just her mother's husband, even if it's something a lot of us would like to see. There is actually nothing wrong with the status quo. 

It's ironic that the girl who always urged her mother to stop caring about log kya kahenge is herself affected by them. This highlights something important. It requires a certain level of self-confidence and security to actually not be affected or influenced by what people say. They can only get to you if you let them or if they unwittingly touch a raw nerve.

In Minnie's case, if she hadn't had those insecurities already, Kammo and Khatri's words would have just been like water off a duck's back.

Yup. She fell into a safe space with HS and it's largely because the recent events that took place were a family matter. The public had no business of getting themselves involved. But because of the wedding, they've been put under the scrutinizing eyes of the entire society. Ab agar log hoyenge, phir baatein bhi toh hoyengi.

I think Kammo's taunts and Mickey's advises triggered something in her. Mickey has been prepping her to find a life outside of Babes because it'll do her good in the long run. But Kammo took things lower by presenting Minnie as a problem in Babes' life. This girl has been trying to eliminate all obstacles in Babes' life so that she can attain the ultimate happiness. But what'll she do when she herself is the problem?

(Not saying that she is but I feel like she's starting to see herself that way.)

Like the pizza scene, she'll try to retract so that Hanita can spend some time together. In return, Hanita may take this the wrong way and try to involve her more which Minnie again, may read it the wrong and assume they're doing this out of guilt. Hence, out of her own guilt, she'll try to retract again. This cycle will end up consuming them unless they don't break it soon.

inlieu thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: asmaanixx

Yup!

This can work in three-folds:

1. HS & Mickey's relationship will grow stronger. HS will see how much Mickey really cares for Minnie and his overall opinion of the young boy will change. The boy is capable of possessing deeper thoughts and is willing to put in the work to make sure that his friends stay happy. And the fact that it's Minnie, will make HS even more content.

2. Mickey & Minnie. Minnie is in absolute denial right now but because Mickey is operating from a third party position, he is able to see the potential dangers that lie ahead if Minnie doesn't address the issues soon. She may be get irritated whenever he tries to show her the mirror, but it is absolutely essential for her longterm health. When enough time has passed, she will come to realize that once again, it was Mickey who stood by her and helped her out even when she refused to help herself. That's what best friends are for.

3. Minnie and HS. Undoubtedly this will make their relationship even stronger as this time around HS will be working from the capacity as a father while Minnie as a daughter. The fears, worries and anguish that will plague HS will be similar but also different in the sense that now he will have certain rights that he can execute. But how far he can extend those rights and how comfortable Minnie will feel be the receiver of those rights is something yet to be seen. He's no longer her Uncle, he's her dad. How will Minnie feel knowing that she now has a dad who is investing so much time and effort in her mental health? Previously, she was yearning for a dad who could take the time out to ask her a simple, "How are you?" Now, she has someone who constantly looks out for her wellbeing even when she herself fails to do so.

Completely agree, especially with the third point. Just saying that he's her father isn't enough. This is going to actually be a real test of his love as well as his ability to do right by her. 

I don't think Minnie knows yet what a father is supposed to be like. To now have one who is even more caring than before would be overwhelming for her. She's not used to someone paying that much attention to her. Sure, HS has been with her through thick and thin since day 1, but he has largely remained at the macro level. How would she deal with him becoming involved at the macro level too? I think she had neglected her own happiness and wellbeing for so long that she is uncomfortable if anyone shows such a depth of caring understanding. 

Also, she will have to get used to being loved to pieces by her father. She has no idea what extent he can go to for her, and after the wedding he will be armed with the security to go to the ends of the earth for her in an official capacity. She needs to see that for herself and understand he is doing it because he wants to and not because he has to. The only thing compelling him would be his paternal love. 

One thing I don't ever want to see is Minnie being affected by Kammo's words about HS using her as a means to get to Babita, and doubting HS' loyalty and unconditional love for her. It will destroy her because she would feel as if she's lost a father again.

Again, I will say this... I know Babita has been working towards this second chance at life but Minnie deserves a second chance to have both parents who complete her in the way only parents can. She deserves to have the love and support of a father. She deserves that he does indeed stop at nothing for the sake of her happiness,  no matter how difficult the situation. Will HS be able to step up?  After all, he is dealing with his own issues, trying to look after Babita, and has never had experience parenting anyone. He's bound to make mistakes and be mentally overworked himself. How will Minnie react then?

Edited by inlieu - 4 years ago
asmaanixx thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: inlieu

Completely agree, especially with the third point. Just saying that he's her father isn't enough. This is going to actually be a real test of his love as well as his ability to do right by her. 

I don't think Minnie knows yet what a father is supposed to be like. To now have one who is even more caring than before would be overwhelming for her. She's not used to someone paying that much attention to her. Sure, HS has been with her through thick and thin since day 1, but he has largely remained at the macro level. How would she deal with him becoming involved at the macro level too? I think she had neglected her own happiness and wellbeing for so long that she is uncomfortable if anyone shows such a depth of caring understanding. 

Also, she will have to get used to being loved to pieces by her father. She has no idea what extent he can go to for her, and after the wedding he will be armed with the security to go to the ends of the earth for her in an official capacity. She needs to see that for herself and understand he is doing it because he wants to and not because he has to. The only thing compelling him would be his paternal love. 

One thing I don't ever want to see is Minnie being affected by Kammo's words about HS using her as a means to get to Babita, and doubting HS' loyalty and unconditional love for her. It will destroy her because she would feel as if she's lost a father again.

Again, I will say this... I know Babita has been working towards this second chance at life but Minnie deserves a second chance to have both parents who complete her in the way only parents can. She deserves to have the love and support of a father. She deserves that he does indeed stop at nothing for the sake of her happiness,  no matter how difficult the situation. Will HS be able to step up?  After all, he is dealing with his own issues, trying to look after Babita, and has never had experience parenting anyone. He's bound to make mistakes and be mentally overworked himself. How will Minnie react then?

Yup, and when it comes to testing one's love, it doesn't necessarily have to be in a grandiose manner. It's what you keep referring to: the macro vs. the micro. Right now, HS knows Minnie on the surface level. He is yet to know her on a familial level like a true father knows their child.

Minnie has already shown discomfort when someone takes a keen interest in her via Mickey. If HS starts doing the same, then that discomfort will intensify. She was already withdrawing emotionally, and psychologically, now she's starting to do so physically. She needs to get some help ASAP.

When HS had said he'll bring the moon and stars for her, she had dismissed it with a smile but HS never says anything ainvayi. In his lighthearted comment was a promise. If she asked, he truly would bring the universe before her feet.

@bold - HS wanting her to do the grah pravesh alongside her mother should alleviate Minnie's doubts but thanks to people like the Khuranas, Kammo and Khatri, it won't happen anytime soon. I don't think Minnie believes that she was used as a tool. HS had addressed this matter in the hospital where he was willing to let go of his love for Babes if that's what made Minnie wanted. She's his number one, not Babita.

But Minnie is definitely starting to think that she may be a hindrance in their new relationship. This is something that she wanted for Babes - a chance at a happy new life. To have all the happiness and marital bliss that she wasn't able to have in her first marriage. If Minnie needs to be out of the equation in order for that to happen, then she'll do it. But Hanita won't let that happen. In the promo we saw Babes reaching out for Minnie when she tried to walk away. HS' major concern has been Minnie more than Babita. In the promo, he was more worried about being a good father to her than a good husband to Babita; he wanted Minnie to have her own grah pravesh in his ancestral Haveli; even Naeem Bi has brought up the fact that Minnie will also be entering this new marriage. I absolutely love how HS' family (HS, Naeem Bi, and Babita) are so concerned about making sure that Minnie has a place in their newly formed family and that she doesn't feel like she's an outsider. But the Khuranas and the proxies for society on the other hand, are too concerned about bashing Babita and they don't care that they're using Minnie as a weapon to do it.