Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

phoenix27 thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Posted: 4 years ago

I too find this whole argument that makers are against islam is very bad in taste, Just because they are showing some voice of reason that does not mean they are against any religion. There has been countless of shows where western girl is shown as vamp. Does that mean that all westerners  are bad, or tv people hate westerner. 

Traditionalism does really mean that you are pious. it just means you prefer a certain way of life. You believe in certain things. It don't absolve you from all your wrong doing. Even if you are doing 5 time namaz and following everything written in Quran, then too you are not going to get heaven if you torture someone, kill others cheat someone. That is basically they are trying to show.

kasaf thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: ria2794

I too find this whole argument that makers are against islam is very bad in taste, Just because they are showing some voice of reason that does not mean they are against any religion. There has been countless of shows where western girl is shown as vamp. Does that mean that all westerners  are bad, or tv people hate westerner. 

Traditionalism does really mean that you are pious. it just means you prefer a certain way of life. You believe in certain things. It don't absolve you from all your wrong doing. Even if you are doing 5 time namaz and following everything written in Quran, then too you are not going to get heaven if you torture someone, kill others cheat someone. That is basically they are trying to show.

Completely agree with you... 

kasaf thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: FlauntPessimism

I went through the entire discussion and yet did not understand how is the writer against Muslims?

He is trying to come up with a concept that not necessarily all the self proclaimed religious girls are good. Few maybe very bad too.

The inner beauty Vs outer beauty story has been repeated umpteen number of times so why do we need that story once again?

The writer is destroying K character no doubt but he never claimed that all those who follow Islam are bad people for they showed people like Zaroon who isn't religious as flawed too

This is really very wrong to consider a story as the portrayal of the religion. You might see many movies which show Brahmins are scheming villains or dacoits as devout Kali Bhakt but I don't think that has anything to do with hatred towards Hinduism. 

A very silly title itself

Completely agree with you. 

Yaa mene bhi pura discussion read kara and me bhi samaj nahi payi ke koi story ko aap kese religion ke sath connect kar sakte hai... Har ek ka connection god ke sath unique hota hai aur vo unka ekdum personal hai usme nake kisiko bolna chahiye ke koi kese prayer kare yaa kese na kare.... Ye baat completely sahi hai ki har baar jo religious dikhte hai vo sahi ho aesa nahi hota usse lagta ho ke vo Sare rule follow karta hai par agar vo accha insaan na ho to kitne bhi rule follow karne se kuch nahi hota.... Kabhi kabhi khud ko religious batane vale bhi bahot kuch galat karte hai... Basically serial ka topic hi ye hai ki kabhi bahar ke jaseme naa aye har bar  saaf suthre dekhne vale log ka heart bahot kala hota hai... Isse religion ko bich me lane vo bahot hi silly baat hai... Core messages human being ki weakness ko dikha raha hai phir vo koi bhi religion follow karta ho... 

Arshian14 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Although I understand where everyone is coming from, I do have to disagree with the last 4 comments. 

The problem is that this show was promoted as a Muslim show. It had a religious backdrop. Kainat was introduced to be a pious girl. You cannot compare her to Zaroon because he was clearly introduced as a modern guy. If Zaroon was religious, he would never touch a girl. I think we all know he just looks for excuses to touch Saltanat. Kainat was shocked to be touched by Zaroon when he held her hand in the dargah to get her to refuse for the marriage. She became a devil after she renounced Islamic principles. K started looking for excuses to touch Z after she made her 360 degree turn. If SaRoon are truly the endgame then K's religious character was meant to be butchered and destroyed to glorify the modern couple. 

Is this not a blatant portrayal of promoting modernity over traditionalism? 

If inner vs outer beauty has been told many times then 2 sisters (one evil and one mahan) has also been shown many times. This show is Swaragini part 2. Nothing new has been shown. 

I don't think you can compare villains that do Mahakali puja to Kainat's situation. The villains in those Hindu situations are promoted to be evil and are conducting religious customs but are clearly not following them. That is how their character is shown from the start. Kainat made a 360 turn in less than a month. Is it so easy for a heavily religious Muslim girl to abandon all of her teachings this instantly? It is kind of an insult to the religion especially because in the show, they are Islamic royalty. 

No one would have had a problem with the writer against Islam if they didn't promote Kainat to be a traditional girl and have such a heavy emphasis on Islam. If they keep making Kainat the devil and Saltanat, the modern girl, to be an angel then viewers will get angry because they are indirectly promoting modern thinking over traditional ones. This show could've been handled better. If Kainat was meant to be an evil soul from the start then they should've introduced her that way. No one would've had a problem then. 

FlauntPessimism thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: Arshian14

Although I understand where everyone is coming from, I do have to disagree with the last 4 comments. 

The problem is that this show was promoted as a Muslim show. It had a religious backdrop. Kainat was introduced to be a pious girl. You cannot compare her to Zaroon because he was clearly introduced as a modern guy. If Zaroon was religious, he would never touch a girl. I think we all know he just looks for excuses to touch Saltanat. Kainat was shocked to be touched by Zaroon when he held her hand in the dargah to get her to refuse for the marriage. She became a devil after she renounced Islamic principles. K started looking for excuses to touch Z after she made her 360 degree turn. If SaRoon are truly the endgame then K's religious character was meant to be butchered and destroyed to glorify the modern couple. 

Is this not a blatant portrayal of promoting modernity over traditionalism? 

If inner vs outer beauty has been told many times then 2 sisters (one evil and one mahan) has also been shown many times. This show is Swaragini part 2. Nothing new has been shown. 

I don't think you can compare villains that do Mahakali puja to Kainat's situation. The villains in those Hindu situations are promoted to be evil and are conducting religious customs but are clearly not following them. That is how their character is shown from the start. Kainat made a 360 turn in less than a month. Is it so easy for a heavily religious Muslim girl to abandon all of her teachings this instantly? It is kind of an insult to the religion especially because in the show, they are Islamic royalty. 

No one would have had a problem with the writer against Islam if they didn't promote Kainat to be a traditional girl and have such a heavy emphasis on Islam. If they keep making Kainat the devil and Saltanat, the modern girl, to be an angel then viewers will get angry because they are indirectly promoting modern thinking over traditional ones. This show could've been handled better. If Kainat was meant to be an evil soul from the start then they should've introduced her that way. No one would've had a problem then. 

I got your point and understood where you felt angry. I made an example of Zaroon because he is also a very flawed character (maybe not evil but definitely not perfect like heroes) despite being completely irreligious. So my point was that this show doesn't only promote religious people as bad but also irreligious ones as bad

Anyhow if you ask me even Kainaat was not completely religious. I never found her so. I mean yes she covered her head but her hair was visible clearly n she isn't even shown wearing a proper Hijab in few scenes but having her head covered by a Duppatta where her plaits could be clearly seen. Which religious girl will do so especially when there is a non Mehram in her own house (Hazma) 

Secondly her intent in showing herself religious didn't even seem actually religious to me , her reason for being religious is to get a good husband, although having an aspiration to get a good husband isn't wrong, but that being the sole objective somehow shows her religious activities were just a camouflage, it's just that now when her sole objective isn't fulfilled, her camouflage has been removed. 

About multiple stories being about good and bad sisters etc, I agree it's a very common topic just as inner Vs outer beauty, but just because they are repeating one common topic doesn't mean they should repeat the other one too. The main concept of this show is bursting the myth that all traditional girls/ people are good while the modern ones are bad, like most of Indians think, just one person can't be an example, this isn't modernity over traditionalism but rather an attempt to burst the stereotype. I think there was slight hint towards it in the Pakistani show Akbari Asghari, just the difference being in that show they showed Akbari as acting and manipulating very clearly in the first episode itself, in this show they just gave subtle hints 

This show was always about Sufiana Ishq (which you might or might not find in the show and that's a different topic) and not about religious thoughts, it's about a Muslim family (just as other shows might be about a family of other religions. If the concept is that traditional girls are not always good they need to show the girl traditional originally, and if she is a Muslim she would be a hard core Muslim, you can not change the pretext of the story 

Now that you gave the example of Swaragini, in that Ragini was shown traditional n religious but later turned out to be pure evil, so does that show become Hindu phobic? I don't think so.

Arshian14 thumbnail

Originally posted by: FlauntPessimism

I got your point and understood where you felt angry. I made an example of Zaroon because he is also a very flawed character (maybe not evil but definitely not perfect like heroes) despite being completely irreligious. So my point was that this show doesn't only promote religious people as bad but also irreligious ones as bad

Anyhow if you ask me even Kainaat was not completely religious. I never found her so. I mean yes she covered her head but her hair was visible clearly n she isn't even shown wearing a proper Hijab in few scenes but having her head covered by a Duppatta where her plaits could be clearly seen. Which religious girl will do so especially when there is a non Mehram in her own house (Hazma) 

Secondly her intent in showing herself religious didn't even seem actually religious to me , her reason for being religious is to get a good husband, although having an aspiration to get a good husband isn't wrong, but that being the sole objective somehow shows her religious activities were just a camouflage, it's just that now when her sole objective isn't fulfilled, her camouflage has been removed. 

About multiple stories being about good and bad sisters etc, I agree it's a very common topic just as inner Vs outer beauty, but just because they are repeating one common topic doesn't mean they should repeat the other one too. The main concept of this show is bursting the myth that all traditional girls/ people are good while the modern ones are bad, like most of Indians think, just one person can't be an example, this isn't modernity over traditionalism but rather an attempt to burst the stereotype. I think there was slight hint towards it in the Pakistani show Akbari Asghari, just the difference being in that show they showed Akbari as acting and manipulating very clearly in the first episode itself, in this show they just gave subtle hints 

This show was always about Sufiana Ishq (which you might or might not find in the show and that's a different topic) and not about religious thoughts, it's about a Muslim family (just as other shows might be about a family of other religions. If the concept is that traditional girls are not always good they need to show the girl traditional originally, and if she is a Muslim she would be a hard core Muslim, you can not change the pretext of the story 

Now that you gave the example of Swaragini, in that Ragini was shown traditional n religious but later turned out to be pure evil, so does that show become Hindu phobic? I don't think so.

You make really good points and there is definitely truth behind them. 

The only problem with the Zaroon-Kainat comparison is that Zaroon is flawed BUT Kainat is evil. There is a huge difference there. They can't be compared. 

You are absolutely right about the Hijab. Makers messed up there. They set up the traditional-modern dichotomy by making Kainat cover her head with her dupatta while Saltanat does not. The message is still there BUT they messed up on the execution and didn't follow proper Islamic principles. Anyways, K is still portrayed traditional.

Islam as camouflage: I disagree with this a little bit. If you recall, initially, Kainat would always be caught reading namaz and offering her prayers in her hijab. Its true that her goal was a husband but isn't that what many girls desire? A husband is someone you spend the rest of your life with so I don't see anything wrong with Kainat praying for one, like you said. Kainat didn't forgo her principles because she didn't get a husband. She abandoned her teachings because MJ sent her to jail without asking her for a justification. There is an episode where she says, "MJ's upbringing handcuffed me". It was that particular incident where she completely flipped. From the bottom of her heart, she gave permission for SaRoon engagement because she had faith MJ is there for her. MJ broke this belief so K abandoned all his teachings. 

I don't think the main concept of this show is busting any myths. Its their attempt to show what "Sufiyana Pyaar" is. I think they are failing miserably but other people are loving it and its totally fine. Everyone is entitled to their opinion and it should be respected. Also, Star Bharat promoted this show as traditional vs modern (Proof:  and ). They are clearly promoting modern ways over traditionalism considering how the story is progressing. I do think its ironic that this show is being aired on the same channel as RadhaKrishn, the epitome of pure love. 

There is another show named "Ishq Subhan Allah (ISA)". ALL the characters are Muslims in that show as well but no one has ever blamed the writer for being against Islam even when the negative characters are Muslim. The main reason is that the negative characters were never portrayed to be hardcore Islam followers. Ruksar, the main female antagonist, was also introduced as an innocent sweet girl BUT she was never promoted as a hardcore Muslim so it made sense that she was actually very malicious. Alternatively, the lead characters are hardcore Islam followers. They made the Quran their way of life and abide by it. Every time they went against Allah, they used to apologize and keep roza to beg for His forgiveness. This story is a lot more palatable because they show religion in the right sense. 

Shah family is not just any Muslim family, they are Islamic royalty. They are the one family that are supposed to follow the Quran with the utmost diligence. The female lead in ISA is the daughter of an Islamic head and the male lead is a Maulvi. ISA is the one show that is portraying Islam in all honesty. The female lead is actually modern in the show BUT her roots are traditional. She supports her ideology with actual verses from the Quran. This makes sense. I wouldn't have had a problem with SPM if they were any other Muslim family or if they had showed Kainat to not be "Allah ki bandi" then I would've been fine with it. 

Swargini: If I remember correctly, makers were bashed for turning Ragini negative. Even Tejaswi was against it and they turned her character positive after she threatened to quit. She was right. The character wasn't being given any justice. Again, remember that Ragini doesn't come from Hindu royalty so the comparison of religion can't be made here. I mentioned Swaragini to show that evil vs good sister has been shown before. I wasn't comparing the religions. 

In my opinion, the show needs better characterization. Its not impossible to show traditionalism and modernity without insulting one or the other. SPM fails to do this. I will admit though Saltanat is more modern than traditional but she still holds on to her Islamic roots. I do appreciate this. There was no need to make Kainat such a devil. It made it seem as if switching over to the modern side is better than staying traditional. 

Arshian14 thumbnail

Please delete. For some reason, my comment was posted 4 times. 

Edited by Arshian14 - 4 years ago
Arshian14 thumbnail

Please delete

Arshian14 thumbnail

Please delete. 

aishwarya12joys thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

Kainaat character had so much of potential but destroyed because writer is more interested in showing sufiyana pyaar of z and s. Starting of the show I loved all the characters but then all that lovey - dovey scenes are diabetes. The only two reasons I watched this show because I have heard ishq subnallah writer had written this and rajveer was so good in his previous shows. 

ISA has lost some of its essence but still is far better than this show. Zara is anyday better than s at least she follows what she preaches. I'm so done with this show