roopshas1 thumbnail
Posted: 18 days ago

Originally posted by: Schrute

I was watching ep 25, and realised walima was not the only place he humiliated her, he did the same in her qatar wala nikah, then sent phone and car, without caring for the consequences, and at that time he was just trying to get over his guilt of destroying her life over a misunderstanding(maybe deep down inside he was in love with her but he ignored how she would have felt as she lost her self respect which was one thing that was her own. He repeatedly in a bid to clear his conscience did a lot of thing taht ultimately had a nefative impact on her and her image. She even pleaded in the restaurant to bring back her relations( i no way support her relatives, but i kind of understand how important a family even for namesake is for an orphan) but he said that wo toh main nahi kar skte. So sitara's mistrust for salar is goes deep down, and deal and zid wali baat was just expanded that distrust. So people berating her for her actions should watch earlier episodes as well to understand what a broken person Sitara is rn.

Exactly. I have said this before too. Salar is very lucky that he is the ML. Otherwise what he had done would have in any other drama ensured that he never gets into a radius of 50 km of Sitara ever again. He said that he saved her from the do bachhon ka baap but the truth is had he not interfered with her wedding with Qasim, she would have never landed up in that position. I think yesterday's episode was the first time he actually realised the position he had put Sitara in. There is also the factor that I think his possessiveness regarding Sitara went back to Hyderabad days, the way he reacted, with so much aggression, to Saba telling him to cancel Qasim's transfer and conditions, it was very clear that he was doing that because he was getting territorial.

A lot of people on X are saying that Tahir is a horrible father for not trusting his son but the way the events have played out, even to Tahir it seemed that Salar became obsessed over Sitara and had essentially trapped her into marrying him. It is at least good that Tahir is able to be neutral to his son like that otherwise had this really been a case of Salar forcibly marrying Sitara, she would have actually needed support and he would have given it to her. Right now, to Tahir, Sitara is holding herself up OK but he is waiting for things to fall apart and Sahiba incidence would have become that if it were not for Sitara genuinely trusting Salar.

khamosshhh thumbnail

I was watching ep 25, and realised walima was not the only place he humiliated her, he did the same in her qatar wala nikah, then sent phone and car, without caring for the consequences, and at that time he was just trying to get over his guilt of destroying her life over a misunderstanding(maybe deep down inside he was in love with her but he ignored how she would have felt as she lost her self respect which was one thing that was her own. He repeatedly in a bid to clear his conscience did a lot of thing taht ultimately had a nefative impact on her and her image. She even pleaded in the restaurant to bring back her relations( i no way support her relatives, but i kind of understand how important a family even for namesake is for an orphan) but he said that wo toh main nahi kar skte. So sitara's mistrust for salar is goes deep down, and deal and zid wali baat was just expanded that distrust. So people berating her for her actions should watch earlier episodes as well to understand what a broken person Sitara is rn.

Exactly! Also although his intentions were good, but he was totally clueless about the havoc he created in Sitara's life, everytime he pulled one of his stunts to rescue her. Also beyond rescuing her, he didn't give any thought as to how it would impact her life. Like when he said during that Qatari guy incident, that he's going to marry her, Sitara later did ask him if he meant it and he flippantly replied no.

Also his behaviour was very much according to his character and the environment from where he came from. Like in the case of ehtisham losing his job, he said that now he could empathise with ehtisham coz now he knows, previously he wouldn't have been able to.

Queeen thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 8 Thumbnail + 7

Social Spotlight

1000126536.jpg

So happy for kaffara team .. specially Ali and Laiba smiley9

Schrute thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Exactly, we cannot base our judgement on the ultimate result. She has been through a lot. Imagine the helplessness she would have felt at walima whre she was accussed of trapping a rich guy, of being left at the alter, a that rich sarfira guy crashing your wedding with no intentions to marry you and then your family forcing you to marry your cousin who you despise from heart, and your brother not trusting you over others,tothe point whre you lose uour will to live.I would have been suffocated. How has sitara not passed out once with all the trauma. Because i definitely would have.
Priyankaakdha thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Exactly, we cannot base our judgement on the ultimate result. She has been through a lot. Imagine the helplessness she would have felt at walima whre she was accussed of trapping a rich guy, of being left at the alter, a that rich sarfira guy crashing your wedding with no intentions to marry you and then your family forcing you to marry your cousin who you despise from heart, and your brother not trusting you over others,tothe point whre you lose uour will to live.I would have been suffocated. How has sitara not passed out once with all the trauma. Because i definitely would have.

i think why we are not able to hate salar till now is because of Ali ... He has acted so brilliantly that instead we are loving his obsessive and possessive cute side , even though salar character has many many bad traits ....

Edited by Priyankaakdha - 18 days ago
pressu thumbnail

a woman in a white sweater is standing in front of a wooden door .

extra wor ds.

extra words.

Priyankaakdha thumbnail

Originally posted by: khamosshhh

Exactly! Also although his intentions were good, but he was totally clueless about the havoc he created in Sitara's life, everytime he pulled one of his stunts to rescue her. Also beyond rescuing her, he didn't give any thought as to how it would impact her life. Like when he said during that Qatari guy incident, that he's going to marry her, Sitara later did ask him if he meant it and he flippantly replied no.

Also his behaviour was very much according to his character and the environment from where he came from. Like in the case of ehtisham losing his job, he said that now he could empathise with ehtisham coz now he knows, previously he wouldn't have been able to.

Sitara has 100 of reasons for doubting his love .... salar just thought marriage ke baad they will live happily ever after ... he never gave a thought how sitara will feel seeing nobody likes her in sasural , that she will have to live on his father's income ...

maybe it comes with a fact he has never faced hard times in his life and got everything on silver platter ...

Schrute thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Priyankaakdha

i think why we are not able to hate salar till now is because of Ali ... He has acted so brilliantly that instead we are loving his obsessive and possessive cute side , even though salar character is kind of toxic ....

Yaar Ali is love. Although I won't say toxic, but he is way too privileged to realise that every action has consequences. And i think this show is about his journey to realise that. Jab apne character par aayi to he also needs validation from his parents and them not believing him hurt him like hell.,while earlier he used to advice sitara that opinion of others should not matter to her. Which is kind of a privilege, which sitara never had.

Priyankaakdha thumbnail

Yaar Ali is love. Although I won't say toxic, but he is way too privileged to realise that every action has consequences. And i think this show is about his journey to realise that. Jab apne character par aayi to he also needs validation from his parents and them not believing him hurt him like hell.,while earlier he used to advice sitara that opinion of others should not matter to her. Which is kind of a privilege, which sitara never had.

salar has just too many flaws .. i don't like how rudely he behaves with saba and junaid sometimes ... he takes people's love for granted coz he is aware about the fact they no one will ever leave him ..

but with sitara it is different .. he knows she can leave him if he is going to behave in a certain way ...

roopshas1 thumbnail

I think the word you are looking to describe Salar's behaviour is insensible. That is he lacks sense or awareness. It seems that despite Salar's sharp mind, he clearly lacks sense or foresight to see and understand the consequences of his actions. There is immaturity yes. But here I think insensibility is what I can describe it as best.

And yes, I love what you said about Salar. smiley27 He took his reputation for granted and while it is true that one should not pay too much attention to what people are saying, the context in which he was saying to Sitara was absolutely not conducive to it.