News & Media

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Posted: 8 days ago

You lose the battle when you have to bring the numbers of a low budget show to defend the numbers of a mega project. Having said that I have no issues with Wahaj or his fans. I am pretty sure that SMD will gain its audience in due time. Even JN started with similar numbers.

Aaaaaaa77 thumbnail
Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: 2RsFan

Which show is this ?

Not sure but it appears SMD and MJ from description

643898 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Aaaaaaa77

Not sure but it appears SMD and MJ from description

I am talking about the Norman Ijaz show.

Aaaaaaa77 thumbnail

I am talking about the Norman Ijaz show.

No it's next Nouman Ijaz ,so inferred MJ

Edited by Aaaaaaa77 - 8 days ago
Ashley.Tisdale thumbnail
Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 7

Danish Taimoor

Oh what a wonderful morning, oh what a beautiful day. Not just quoting the evergreen number from Oklahoma!, I’m genuinely in a good mood. That’s what happens when one Danish Taimoor invades your dreamland…

Whoops, I digress.

So it’s time for Ashley Class 101. For all those connoisseurs of numbers and satirizing enthusiasts, I got some factzzzzzz.

1. Jaan Nisar’s first episode was a double feature that aired from 8 to 10 pm

2. It was the weekend of clashes, with shows headlined by prominent actors.

3. Naturally, every channel was trying to gain the highest number of TRPs by adjusting the format and posting their numbers.

4. But here go the actual numbers.

5. GEO 8-10 pm : Jaan Nisar did 7.1

6.ARY 8-9 pm : Jaan e Jahan 7.6. According to this post, Jaan Nisar’s numbers for this hour’s timeslot is 6.5.

7. Pdptrps posted their usual daily charts, on which Jaan Nisar got an average of 7.1 on Saturday and overall 6.3 on Sunday.

8. Pdptrps posted their weekly charts on which Jaan Nisar got an average of 6.7, taking into account both Saturday and Sunday.

9. Now, is Ashley trying to defy the laws of numbers and insinuating Jaan Nisar’s TRP is higher just because it stars the man who has her heart? *scoffs in French* Of course not! But she’s learned some basic math she wants to apply here.

10. That being…the formula for Mean a.k.a Average. Sum of all terms /number of terms. The same formula pdp used, by the way, to post their weekly averages.

11. So lets do this together, shall we. I hope y’all remember your school days.
Question: What are the 9-10 pm numbers for Jaan Nisar?

12. JAAN NISAR

8-9 pm = 6.5

9-10 pm = x

Mean = 7.1

We’re taking the Mean number posted by pdp since that’s the neutral third party.

Lets bring in the formula:

(6.5 + x)/2 = 7.1

Therefore x = 7.7

Making our 9-10 pm ratings to be 7.7.

Pretty much around the average ratings of what shows were generally getting at the time since there had been some biggies that had just ended. Probably making the masses want to take a break. I know that’s what I do when I get overwhelmed with content, which is why I want Shair to air at least a month after the current shows are off. There’s only so much my hormones and ovaries can take.

Anyway, not at all bad for a show airing tri-weekly at the time, going up against another biggie on ARY, and having only Danish and Hiba has the pull factor. Everyone knows how well known Mohsin Mirza is and how legendary Rehana Aftab’s writing is. Right?

Even our beloved Kaddu uncle was nice enough to later on give the Sunday slot to his Raja Beta, the slot Jaan Nisar was ruling, so that we didn’t have to worry about our show ending too soon. Wait…wait a minute…

Well, time for Ashley to head back to her slumber. Got more dreams to see starring the love of my life, the light of my soul, Danish Taimoor and all his on screen characters. Don’t look so shocked, I never said I had a moral compass.

To all my patient readers who sat through my TedTalk, fret not, I love you all. And I conclude by sharing this wonderful song that is my life motto.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H59xVMF4zxE

Toodles!

xx

mala06 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 4

Hiba Bukhari

Originally posted by: Ashley.Tisdale

Oh what a wonderful morning, oh what a beautiful day. Not just quoting the evergreen number from Oklahoma!, I’m genuinely in a good mood. That’s what happens when one Danish Taimoor invades your dreamland…

Whoops, I digress.

So it’s time for Ashley Class 101. For all those connoisseurs of numbers and satirizing enthusiasts, I got some factzzzzzz.

1. Jaan Nisar’s first episode was a double feature that aired from 8 to 10 pm

2. It was the weekend of clashes, with shows headlined by prominent actors.

3. Naturally, every channel was trying to gain the highest number of TRPs by adjusting the format and posting their numbers.

4. But here go the actual numbers.

5. GEO 8-10 pm : Jaan Nisar did 7.1

6.ARY 8-9 pm : Jaan e Jahan 7.6. According to this post, Jaan Nisar’s numbers for this hour’s timeslot is 6.5.

7. Pdptrps posted their usual daily charts, on which Jaan Nisar got an average of 7.1 on Saturday and overall 6.3 on Sunday.

8. Pdptrps posted their weekly charts on which Jaan Nisar got an average of 6.7, taking into account both Saturday and Sunday.

9. Now, is Ashley trying to defy the laws of numbers and insinuating Jaan Nisar’s TRP is higher just because it stars the man who has her heart? *scoffs in French* Of course not! But she’s learned some basic math she wants to apply here.

10. That being…the formula for Mean a.k.a Average. Sum of all terms /number of terms. The same formula pdp used, by the way, to post their weekly averages.

11. So lets do this together, shall we. I hope y’all remember your school days.
Question: What are the 9-10 pm numbers for Jaan Nisar?

12. JAAN NISAR

8-9 pm = 6.5

9-10 pm = x

Mean = 7.1

We’re taking the Mean number posted by pdp since that’s the neutral third party.

Lets bring in the formula:

(6.5 + x)/2 = 7.1

Therefore x = 7.7

Making our 9-10 pm ratings to be 7.7.

Pretty much around the average ratings of what shows were generally getting at the time since there had been some biggies that had just ended. Probably making the masses want to take a break. I know that’s what I do when I get overwhelmed with content, which is why I want Shair to air at least a month after the current shows are off. There’s only so much my hormones and ovaries can take.

Anyway, not at all bad for a show airing tri-weekly at the time, going up against another biggie on ARY, and having only Danish and Hiba has the pull factor. Everyone knows how well known Mohsin Mirza is and how legendary Rehana Aftab’s writing is. Right?

Even our beloved Kaddu uncle was nice enough to later on give the Sunday slot to his Raja Beta, the slot Jaan Nisar was ruling, so that we didn’t have to worry about our show ending too soon. Wait…wait a minute…

Well, time for Ashley to head back to her slumber. Got more dreams to see starring the love of my life, the light of my soul, Danish Taimoor and all his on screen characters. Don’t look so shocked, I never said I had a moral compass.

To all my patient readers who sat through my TedTalk, fret not, I love you all. And I conclude by sharing this wonderful song that is my life motto.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H59xVMF4zxE

Toodles!

xx

Also, I want to add further. If I am not wrong there was T20 cricket going on so every show's trps were low back then. Only Radd was managing to get double digits. JN still used to be in top 5 every week and considering trps of all shows back then it was still good numbers.

blahblah131 thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

Fantasy Fans

Is JN first episode’s trp 5.1 ?

Relax guys, it was raining in Lahore that day and they were playing a cricket match in Isloo which adversely affected the TRP of JN. Otherwise, such groundbreaking content would never start with such low TRP 🤪

Viaanrocks thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: nightingale1234

Isn't it funny how that one show, which could barely scrape together a 4.5+ TRP and totally flopped on YouTube, got all these excuses like, "Oh, the audience just doesn’t appreciate real stories"—even though it was basically just another love story in disguise? But when it's Yumna or Wahaj in the lead, suddenly nobody's blaming the viewers' taste anymore.

Ironically, a show starting with 5-6+ TRPs is somehow labeled a flop, but when the next Nouman Ijaz delivers a show that barely hits 4+, it's magically hailed as a hit and "critically acclaimed." Funny how some get a free pass, huh?smiley36

next Nouman ijaz - bilaal?

I like bilaal but right now he is not near Nouman .

Nauman is completely different league.

he can be Nauman but it will take long time to reach there

Originally posted by: Viaanrocks

next Nouman ijaz - bilaal?

I like bilaal but right now he is not near Nouman .

Nauman is completely different league.

he can be Nauman but it will take long time to reach there

Nah bilal can never be next Nauman ijaz. He acts better than the latter and is way more talented than any actor in ptv.

Nauman acts the same in every show, no variation in dialogue delivery and emotions. Whereas bilal, looks, acts and sounds differently in all his shows just like wahaj.

Aaaaaaa77 thumbnail

Bilal and Wahaj both are good actors but that surely doesn't mean every project will be superhit only because of their involvement.

This doesn't happen with any actor imo.

Be it high budget drama or low budget drama, every producer makes a show to get money as well

I don't believe any producer channel aims for just critical acclaim

Even with non masala dramas the intention is to stand out and start a new trend that low budget drama can also succeed

Bilal and Wahaj both have done thrashy scripts in the past ,both were underrated at a point ,both got extreme success ,gave magical performance but both of them don't guarantee success

I feel the same about DT too,his JN succeeded but the other 2 shows didn't around the same time