Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Posted: 9 days ago

Originally posted by: blahblah131

MPTH was not released on YT at the time it was airing. Thus, the lower number of views. IM is way behind TB in terms of episode views. TB last episode has 81M views and IM last episode has 36M views.

For me the comparison is pointless because TB had the audience hooked for 58 episodes which is no small feat and is still discussed to this day.

IM barely kept up till 20 and was a 30 episode show. It should have actually ended way before. The last third was embarrassing.

blahblah131 thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

Fantasy Fans

Originally posted by: Orphic

Nope. I don’t know what exactly it displays there but episode views are different.

If it displays views so IM is definitely doing better, no? It has only 31 episodes & TB has 58, almost double.

I thought it was the per-episode view count after accumulating it, but it’s not. Numbers are never meaningless, though; this represents the interest in the playlist itself. I wrote a script to calculate the total views in a playlist. It took me much less time to do it than to make a spreadsheet. There’s a difference of 4 million views per episode, which is not small. I don’t agree with the episode-per-view metric in the first place. Kadwani drags out his shows when they start getting views. There were 15 episodes of just flashbacks and slow-motion scenes, which affected the view count. For me more accurate representation is the first and the last episode view count comparison.

Screenshot 2024-10-12 at 15.56.59.png

blahblah131 thumbnail

Fantasy Fans

Bilal could get millions of views on a channel with merely 40k subscribers at that time during peak IM. The first episode has 20M plus views & the last episode 10M+ views having a better average than all top shows of Green.

The genre of the shows also matters. APKD had a similar troupe of love at first sight, was ML centric & had a good OST as IM. There are more expectations from commercial shows where a lot of money is involved, simple as that. Having said it I think SMD will perform good on youtube. Even JN started with somewhat similar ratings & views.

Hmm, it seems that the criteria for your metrics change when it’s convenient 🫣. APKD has 8.5 million views per episode, while at the same time, he was receiving over 40 million views on IM on Hum. This suggests that the reach of the channel and the content of the show(Masala) play a significant role in the commercial success of the show. Additionally, APKD was exclusively available on YouTube, whereas many viewers of other channels prefer watching on television. This preference likely impacts the YouTube view count.

Edited by blahblah131 - 9 days ago
Arreyaar thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Atrangi re Season 2 Participant 0 Thumbnail + 7

Neutral Nomads

Wrong thread.

. . . .

Edited by Arreyaar - 9 days ago

Originally posted by: Aaaaaaa77

It was really high point in Bismil,entertaining to watch hence SMD could not compete with it and it will be tough for SMD in the coming weeks too because

Now after few episodes the son will know

Masooma's father will die

The son will shoot himself

So lots of bang ahead

On paper Bismil is nothing new

But if you watch it,it is an entertaining watch

Comparisons aside, I’m just happy for Hareem. She is really mixing it up well from playing an aspiring cricketer in 22 Qadam - a totally unique and risky role for PTV - to this masala type show. And such a villainous role in this one. Loving this change on screen. I enjoyed her performance in 22 Qadam too.

Same for Wahaj. From a crippled cricketer in the same show as Hareem last year to a drunkard now in SMD. I love when actors do risky stuff and experiment 😍

I thought it was the per-episode view count after accumulating it, but it’s not. Numbers are never meaningless, though; this represents the interest in the playlist itself. I wrote a script to calculate the total views in a playlist. It took me much less time to do it than to make a spreadsheet. There’s a difference of 4 million views per episode, which is not small. I don’t agree with the episode-per-view metric in the first place. Kadwani drags out his shows when they start getting views. There were 15 episodes of just flashbacks and slow-motion scenes, which affected the view count. For me more accurate representation is the first and the last episode view count comparison.

The interest in playlist doesn’t guarantee more views na. Just a few months back the difference between the views was almost 7M per episode, now it has reduced to around 3M. I got it wrong earlier. That’s what I am saying that the views of IM are growing faster.

Talk about interest, IM finished a few months back & TB more than a year before still a significant number of episodes of TB had less than 40Mviews, 12 episodes are yet to cross the mark.

Edited by Orphic - 9 days ago

Hmm, it seems that the criteria for your metrics change when it’s convenient 🫣. APKD has 8.5 million views per episode, while at the same time, he was receiving over 40 million views on IM on Hum. This suggests that the reach of the channel and the content of the show(Masala) play a significant role in the commercial success of the show. Additionally, APKD was exclusively available on YouTube, whereas many viewers of other channels prefer watching on television. This preference likely impacts the YouTube view count.

Yes it does because so does it from the other side. Isn’t it more than Green shows though? Only you were talking about the number of subscribers earlier. Green has like 10* subscribers of Zindagi.

Jurm’s views were brought in earlier to criticise MJ’s numbers so I thought it was a fair comparison.

No AKD aired on Zindagi channel as well. Indian audience was posting about it on X when they were asked not to post any spoilers.

blahblah131 thumbnail

Fantasy Fans

The interest in playlist doesn’t guarantee more views na. Just a few months back the difference between the views was almost 7M per episode, now it has reduced to around 3M. I got it wrong earlier. That’s what I am saying that the views of IM are growing faster.

Talk about interest, IM finished a few months back & TB more than a year before still a significant number of episodes of TB had less than 40 views, 12 episodes are yet to cross the mark.

The difference is currently at 4,131,815 per episode, to be exact. Chalo, let's see if IM catches up! 👍 Those 12 episodes are never going to cross the 40M mark; they are full of flashbacks and slow motion. They shouldn't have been part of the show at all, but Kadwani uncle had money on his mind.

TB had 3M views(including OST, teasers etc) when it finished and now, it has gotten almost 4M views. It is still growing significantly and so is IM, happy for the success of both

Billion, not million smiley36 a billion in growth is huge lol

meandwho thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Sajal Aly

By your metric IM gained 45M per episode in just a year (1st episode aired 6th oct 2023) while TB (start Jan 22) took almost 3 years to get 49M per episode, woah!