Frequent Posters

WildestDreams thumbnail

India

Posted: 4 months ago

Match starting in 20 min. No overs lost

SoniRita thumbnail

India

Play to start at 11:00 local time. No overs lost. Can see the covers slowly getting peeled off..

Viswasruti thumbnail

India

10.33 Local Time, 14:33 GMT, 20:03 IST: Looks like the rain has stopped. We should have a start time soon. Can see the groundstaff with the super soppers out. Positive signs! Play to start at 11:00 local time. No overs lost. Can see the covers slowly getting peeled off..

SoniRita thumbnail

India

Mark S: "I finish work at 4pm UK time, so if you could perhaps arrange a 45-minute delay to the start time, but still a full game, that would be much appreciated." You're all set Mark S, though I can't claim any credit for this...

SoniRita thumbnail

India

Mel Farrell's latest from the ground: "The sun is now shining and the ground staff are back out there along with the umps. This is very typical of the weather we've had here for the past few days."

SoniRita thumbnail

India

Robert: "Historically this is one of the hardest grounds to chase on. I'd almost never bat first in T20 but here it makes sense. If we can post a decent I see this going close."

Savera84 thumbnail

India

"I finish work at 4pm UK time, so if you could perhaps arrange a 45-minute delay to the start time, but still a full game, that would be much appreciated." You're all set Mark S, though I can't claim any credit for this...

UPDATE: New start time is 11am local (4pm BST) with no overs lost!

10.34am: Mel Farrell's latest from the ground: "The sun is now shining and the ground staff are back out there along with the umps. This is very typical of the weather we've had here for the past few days."

SoniRita thumbnail

India

Jamie C: "Why is everyone so concerned in T20s about used pitches? If it has had one match on it before (42 overs in this case), everyone doesn't complain about the second innings in an ODI or Day 2 of a Test Match so why the big fuss in this situation."

kooki07 thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 10 Thumbnail + 4

Thanks for the tag but is the game going to start?

SoniRita thumbnail

India

Originally posted by: kooki07

Thanks for the tag but is the game going to start?

Oh for... the covers haven't quite done there job - there is a wet patch on a good length. There's going to be another inspection at 11:15am local time (4:15pm BST), but I'm not entirely sure how that is going to dry by then, unless someone's got a hairdryer on them. Jos Buttler's out there having a look, as are Matthew Cross and Richie Berrington. Eeeek.