Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

WildestDreams thumbnail

India

Posted: 4 months ago

9.33am: For those asking about the weather - and team news - this update from Mel Farrell out in Barbados has you covered:

"Good morning from Kensington Oval! Looks like Wood has got the nod over Topley in the speed selection stakes. I can barely hold my phone as I type this because I'm a ball of sweat. Who needs a sauna in this humidity? Patchy sky and the clouds are moving quickly. If a storm hits, we might not get much warning."

Prizi thumbnail

India

Originally posted by: WildestDreams

I tagged you jinx sister👀

I just sawsmiley36 sollysmiley18

Savera84 thumbnail

India

Despite not being able to call upon batter Andrew Umeed and seamer Josh Davey - who has appeared at the last three T20 World Cups, including a 2021 best of nine wickets at 13.6 - Scotland have an exciting squad that also boasts recent Caribbean experience.

In left-armer Brad Currie, they have an attack leader who is not only in decent nick, having taken 2 for 26 in last week's warm-up match against Afghanistan, but is also one hell of a fielder. He's also a dab hand at FPL, don't you know, ranking 6,000th out of 10 million players in the 2023/24 season

Savera84 thumbnail

India

Toss in ten for the match between two neighbouring countries England and Scotland.

Cheers..

WildestDreams thumbnail

India

9.54am: ShahSafeer: "Being the only team who had won world cup here before, current champs and Jofra's return definitely make England the favourites to retain the trophy. I will surprised though if they go with Mark Wood ahead of Reece Topley, Eng have enough pace in Archer and Jordan, Topley adds variations which would make their attack even stronger."

WildestDreams thumbnail

India

Pitch report: 64m and 61m square boundaries, around 70m down the ground. Same pitch that was used for Oman-Namibia game. The ball kept low, there was variable bounce. A tricky wicket for batters.

Viswasruti thumbnail

India

Pitch report: 64m and 61m square boundaries, around 70m down the ground. Same pitch that was used for Oman-Namibia game. The ball kept low, there was variable bounce. A tricky wicket for batters.

There have been a few instances when Scotland have managed to put up a brave fight against England in the past, however, this English unit looks as solid as ever. Explosive top-order batters, world-class all-rounders and a fiery bowling attack. Scotland on the other hand don't have much experience, so would be interesting to see if they come up with a quality performance. For England, Salt and Buttler - both had an outstanding Indian Premier League, while Will Jacks too impressed with a century in one of the league games. But the wickets here are contrasting to what they were back in India. Let's hope we get to see an interesting clash.

Savera84 thumbnail

India

Savera84 thumbnail

India

ShahSafeer: "Being the only team who had won world cup here before, current champs and Jofra's return definitely make England the favourites to retain the trophy. I will surprised though if they go with Mark Wood ahead of Reece Topley, Eng have enough pace in Archer and Jordan, Topley adds variations which would make their attack even stronger."

Ditto, also surprised that it looks like Wood over Topley, particularly given the latter offers something different, as you say.

As for Jofra Archer, it's great to see him on the world stage again, back where his journey into the game began...

Prizi thumbnail

India

9.54am: ShahSafeer: "Being the only team who had won world cup here before, current champs and Jofra's return definitely make England the favourites to retain the trophy. I will surprised though if they go with Mark Wood ahead of Reece Topley, Eng have enough pace in Archer and Jordan, Topley adds variations which would make their attack even stronger."